tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 65348
Default Re: Who has the better resume at 130 - Floyd or Pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
i know what i read its right there in front of me
You know as well as I know the only great win for Pac at 130 was Marquez. Barrera and Morales best days were at 126lbs.

Unless you think that Floyd's victory over Prime Corrales, Prime Chavez, Prime Carlos Henderaz doesn't top Prime Marquez, out of prime Barrera at 130 and shot to hell Morales whom have a loss as well.

Last edited by tliang1000; 11-20-2012 at 01:29 PM.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #32
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 719

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
You know as well as I know the only great win for Pac at 130 was Marquez. Barrera and Morales best days were at 126lbs.

Unless you think that Floyd's victory over Prime Corrales, Prime Chavez, Prime Carlos Henderaz doesn't top Prime Marquez, out of prime Barrera at 130 and shot to hell Morales whom have a loss as well.
Barrera was still good enough to give JMM a controversial decision at 130 and won the belt at 130 if I recall until JMM took it from him. Pac just destroys MAB at any weight at any time. Morales had just beaten Pac 10 months before and the 2nd fight was a war, if you refuse to give him credit for that (possibly one of the most important wins in his career), then you are either ignorant of the events at the time or plain hating.

Those same MAB and Morales would have beaten Chavez and Hernandez, easy.
dangerousity is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #33
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 65348

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousity View Post
Barrera was still good enough to give JMM a controversial decision at 130 and won the belt at 130 if I recall until JMM took it from him. Pac just destroys MAB at any weight at any time. Morales had just beaten Pac 10 months before and the 2nd fight was a war, if you refuse to give him credit for that (possibly one of the most important wins in his career), then you are either ignorant of the events at the time or plain hating.

Those same MAB and Morales would have beaten Chavez and Hernandez, easy.
I can accept the possibly of MAB beating in prime Chavez and in prime Hernandez and thats a big if. But Morales that drop from 180lbs and got a complete schooling from Rashim, i wouldn't count on it.

Corrales would've KO out of prime Morales as well to beat MAB IMO. Corrales was way too big for both of them and their aggressive style would suit corrales well.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #34
The Mangler
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Pac.

MAB, EM, JMM>Chico and Hernandez
The Mangler is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #35
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 719

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
I can accept the possibly of MAB beating in prime Chavez and in prime Hernandez and thats a big if. But Morales that drop from 180lbs and got a complete schooling from Rashim, i wouldn't count on it.

Corrales would've KO out of prime Morales as well to beat MAB IMO. Corrales was way too big for both of them and their aggressive style would suit corrales well.
Raheem-Morales was a stylistic issue and you know that. Watch the fight...Raheem used his speed and ran his ass off. You really think a guy like Morales is gonna be outboxed by Chavez or Hernandez? Or outbrawled? The guy came back 4-5 years older, 3 weight divisions later and nearly beat one of the most dangerous fighters in the sport.

For the record, Morales did beat Chavez. Granted it was a 2 years younger Morales but it was still Morales of 130 and Chavez was still champ.

And no, Corrales would get outboxed silly by Morales.

Also you bring up the Morales weight issue. Morales with weight issue performed much better than Corrales with weight issue against Floyd. Corrales had to drop a lot more weight than Morales and was dealing with a lot of outside issues at the time. Still flomo's will never mention that, yet Corrales was probably in as poor condition as ODLH was for Pac fight.
dangerousity is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum