boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #31
volkan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 86
Default Re: Why did WBC let Vitali avoid mandatory Bermane Stiverne for two years?

Stiverne was never fully mandatory!

he beat Ray Austin who just have lost to Solis, in another WBC eli.

Do you really think Ray AUstin would get another mandatory eli. two times in a row`?
volkan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #32
moparfan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Why did WBC let Vitali avoid mandatory Bermane Stiverne for two years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad*****ter View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Don King has some ace up his sleeve for the Stiverne - Arreola fight. I mean the fight is in freaking Venezuela if I read it right. Arreola better watch out.
The Stiverne-Arreolla fight is scheduled for California, I believe.
moparfan is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #33
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
More bull**** from you. Vittles beat Donald and was in the ring with Lewis 7 months later.
Hmm you're right, my bad.

I remember there was a legal controversy between Universum and the WBC, but it didn't take long to resolve apparently.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"Lewis has the obligation under World Boxing Council rules to take on Vitali in his next fight and we will not wait any longer," the Universum executive Peter Hanraths said yesterday. "Either Lewis does that or the WBC must strip him of his title."
madballster is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #34
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparfan View Post
The Stiverne-Arreolla fight is scheduled for California, I believe.
Yep, looks like they changed venue. From the scene:

Promoter Don King, who has Stiverne, secured the rights to promote the fight with a monster bid of $1.1 million dollars. Promoter Dan Goossen, who has Arreola, put down $550,000. King was trying to stage the fight on December 15th in Venezuela but the card fell through. Because King failed to finalize the fight, the promotional rights have now shifted to the second highest bidder, which is Goossen.

So much for King & Stiverne
Old 11-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #35
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad*****ter View Post
Hmm you're right, my bad.

I remember there was a legal controversy between Universum and the WBC, but it didn't take long to resolve apparently.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"Lewis has the obligation under World Boxing Council rules to take on Vitali in his next fight and we will not wait any longer," the Universum executive Peter Hanraths said yesterday. "Either Lewis does that or the WBC must strip him of his title."
No, it didn't get resolved. Lewis was scheduled to face Danny Williams (I believe), Williams got hurt, and Vitali stepped in and took the fight on two weeks' notice.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #36
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
The better question is why Stiverne (who had beaten zero decent fighters) vs Austin (who had just lost his prior fight) was ever called any kind of eliminator to begin with.
I think both were promoted by Don King at the time, probably greased a hand or two at the WBC back then to give that fight eliminator status.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #37
pirao666
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He was not mandatory. Also you suck at trolling, give it up.
pirao666 is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 03:32 AM   #38
treeve
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
No, it didn't get resolved. Lewis was scheduled to face Danny Williams (I believe), Williams got hurt, and Vitali stepped in and took the fight on two weeks' notice.
He was scheduled to meet Kirk "the Whale" Johnson not Danny Williams
treeve is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #39
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroBot View Post
Absolutely false. Bermane's KO win over Austin granted him a mandatory shot at Vitali's WBC heavyweight championship strap.
A KO win over a 40 year old austin who was coming off a LOSS against Solis in an elimination fight where he was eliminated all the way back into another eliminator.

Bermane is a fat joke and a fraud, he barley beat a guy with 11 losses in his last fight in a scheduled 8 rounder that went all 8 rounds.

you are very poor at TROLLING
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #40
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Stievern offers nothing as a threat to Vitali Klitschko. Not a damn thing. 40 year old Vitali destroys him.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #41
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroBot View Post
Why did they let him avoid Stiverne? Why did Vitali not take the fight? Was he scared of Bermane's size and gigantic power?
Bermane's abilities are in doubt among boxing insiders. Nobody gives him any chance against someone like Vitali. As for Bermane's top ranking, it's due largely to the influence of his promoter. For these reasons, the WBC never pushed to force a mandatory for him.
kenmore is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum