Old 11-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #46
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner vs Burns PUBLIC POLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
He's that confident he's already said he wont come to the UK to fight Ricky sign of a true warrior eh?
Oh Dia your still a bellend!
Why doesn't Ricky go over to the states and fight him then if your so confident?

Contradiction much?
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #47
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELOWTHEBELT View Post
WHY SHOULD HE? BURNS WAS A 2 WEIGHT CHAMP B4 BRONER AND SELLS MORE TICKETSCATCH YE
Your definitely Scottish.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #48
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
URE ENGLISH U KUNT
Scotsman's spelling
Old 11-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #49
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Americans dont half dish it out about Euro fighters not travelling. They really dont have a leg to stand on.
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #50
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

If Broner really wants to fight Burns he'll come over here.

I understand that Broner is the higher ranked of the two, but Burns is more established at the weight and was at 130 also.....

It'd be a big scalp for whoever actually won.

You'd have to favour Broner fairly strongly, even though Burns is probably better than DeMarco.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #51
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
de marco is better than he showed,which bothers me,especially in america, ,rocky martinez wouldve done better against broner
No he wouldn't, Broner would destroy him in a few rounds, Martinez has no defense and was hurt by Burns on a few occasions, imagine what Broner would do to him.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #52
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

DeMarco lacked the discipline that Burns seems to have.

When the fight was at range it was competitive, as soon as they started trading he was being hammered with hard shots constantly. The only thing he proved is that he's got a decent chin.

As for Martinez.... ugh.

Broner would execute him. If Burns had had more confidence and experience at the top level he would have stopped him. Probably ought to have done anyway but smartly decided to play it safer and get the W.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #53
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
No he wouldn't, Broner would destroy him in a few rounds, Martinez has no defense and was hurt by Burns on a few occasions, imagine what Broner would do to him.
NO chance Rocky martinez would get blasted away in a few rounds, that kid is a psycho who loves a war! Honestly mate, I was there that night Burns beat him, & the ****ing thuds you could hear echo around Kelvin hall every time he landed on Ricky, had me watching through my fingers! anyone who was there Im sure would agree with me, even Billy Nelson Im sure would vouch for the fact that Martinez power eyebrow raising. It took a massive effort for Burns to pull through that one, Martinez is hard as nails.
Only reason Martinez was stunned was by his own admission cos Burns was so awkward to fight, & kept landing shots on the back foot he never saw coming, the ones that hurt the most.

If Broner went toe-to-toe with Martinez IMO it would be a hard nights work for him. Broner is broad at lightweight though, so maybe that would come into play. Not much chance of it happening, but just thought I would add my tuppenceworth
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #54
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
NO chance Rocky martinez would get blasted away in a few rounds, that kid is a psycho who loves a war! Honestly mate, I was there that night Burns beat him, & the ****ing thuds you could hear echo around Kelvin hall every time he landed on Ricky, had me watching through my fingers! anyone who was there Im sure would agree with me, even Billy Nelson Im sure would vouch for the fact that Martinez power eyebrow raising. It took a massive effort for Burns to pull through that one, Martinez is hard as nails.
Only reason Martinez was stunned was by his own admission cos Burns was so awkward to fight, & kept landing shots on the back foot he never saw coming, the ones that hurt the most.

If Broner went toe-to-toe with Martinez IMO it would be a hard nights work for him. Broner is broad at lightweight though, so maybe that would come into play. Not much chance of it happening, but just thought I would add my tuppenceworth
No chance Dunky, plodders with no defense (like Martinez) play right into Broners hands, Broner wouldn't even have to take a backward step, he'd just tear Rocky a new arsehole.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #55
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
No chance Dunky, plodders with no defense (like Martinez) play right into Broners hands, Broner wouldn't even have to take a backward step, he'd just tear Rocky a new arsehole.
Granted, Broner didnt need to take a step back against Demarco when the fight went inside, but can Broner fight like that against a noted puncher?

Trust me BA, Broner would want to box Martinez after slugging it out for a round or two. I have been to many boxing events, & cant remember hearing the thuds that I heard when Martinez was thumping into Burns that night.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #56
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
DeMarco lacked the discipline that Burns seems to have.

When the fight was at range it was competitive, as soon as they started trading he was being hammered with hard shots constantly. The only thing he proved is that he's got a decent chin.

As for Martinez.... ugh.

Broner would execute him. If Burns had had more confidence and experience at the top level he would have stopped him. Probably ought to have done anyway but smartly decided to play it safer and get the W.
agree with your first point BB, disagree with your second! However, I wont lose any sleep over Martinez chances against Broner, Im too busy trying to work out if Burns can solve the problem...

I must admit though, Broner impresses me greatly & uncle Frank NEEDS to get Ricky this fight. Win or lose, Burns deserves his chance to fight HBO's new superstar... maybe we could even get a 24/7 out of it!

Dunkys dream, to see a scotsman on 24/7.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #57
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post

Agreed, some of the hooks he hit Ricky with made me wince. The guy hits like a mule. Ricky has improved vastly since the Martinez fight IMO, both in defence and offence. He would stop or pitch a shut out against Rocky now IMO.

Burns vs Broner on 24/7. I reckon HBO would have to get the subtitles to translate Glesga slang for the yanks
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #58
BretN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
He's that confident he's already said he wont come to the UK to fight Ricky sign of a true warrior eh?
Oh Dia your still a bellend!
Surely more money in the fight if it happens in the US billy?
BretN is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #59
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIK1000 View Post
Agreed, some of the hooks he hit Ricky with made me wince. The guy hits like a mule. Ricky has improved vastly since the Martinez fight IMO, both in defence and offence. He would stop or pitch a shut out against Rocky now IMO.

Burns vs Broner on 24/7. I reckon HBO would have to get the subtitles to translate Glesga slang for the yanks

My thinking exactly Mik my good man If the englanders here cant even work out what Jolly boy john is saying, what chance do the americans have!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #60
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Did Dunky say Martinez was a Psycho?

well thats one way to describe him

Martinez wouldn't be walking out ther to be beaten by Broner, he will walk out, with a smile on his face, to give Broner hell.

Now, would he win? probably not, would he get bullied into an early stoppage?HELL no, Martinez is STRONG, and I mean very strong.

Also, Burns is much, MUCH more improved than the Burns that fought Martinez, he is faster, stronger, sharper, more skilled.

The Burns who beat Martinez, loses big to the Burns that beat Mitchell
BlackBrenny is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum