Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default GREEN DEFENDS HISTORICALLY NORMAL 'catchweight' FIGHTS.

hard to argue with him. and he sheds some light on camerons double talk...

Quote:

Having most recently competed as a heavyweight, Cameron described the new 89kg weight as a "Danny division", which prompted a heated reply from the Aussie most famous for knocking Roy Jones Jr cold.
"Why Shane's making out like he's the first guy in history to fight at a catchweight I have no idea," Green said. "Some of the world's best fights would never have taken place without a catchweight in place.
"People need to realise Floyd Mayweather has done it, Manny Pacquiao, Bernard Hopkins, Julio Caeser Chavez and Meldrick Taylor fought a welterweight title at catchweight in '94. It's been happening forever ... it's happening now.
"And why? Because Shane Cameron walks around at 100kg, I walk around at 86kg. So does he think I'm an idiot? Perhaps he'd be happier if I cut an arm off before the fight too - maybe that would make it fairer for him.
"He needs to know that when I wanted to fight Roy Jones Jr for the cruiserweight title they said it had to be at 81.5kg. And guess what? If you want an opportunity, you take it.
"Roy said I was too big and strong for him at the regular cruiserweight limit and so I sucked right down, then went out there and knocked him out.
"I agreed to it because I wanted it. So what's he whinging about?"
Green said Team Cameron first approached him more than two years ago, when he was still IBO cruiserweight champion. "First thing my management said was, 'Hang on, he's a heavyweight'," Green said.
"So we agreed to take the fight so long as it was 89kg. And they said no problem.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
swingin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346
Default Re: GREEN DEFENDS HISTORICALLY NORMAL 'catchweight' FIGHTS.

but in the past the catchweights have been between the two fighters weight divisions. In this instance it's actually lower than the lighter fighters weight class, totally unfair and probably the first time in history this has happened.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
but in the past the catchweights have been between the two fighters weight divisions. In this instance it's actually lower than the lighter fighters weight class, totally unfair and probably the first time in history this has happened.
duhhhh.....

Quote:
Having most recently competed as a heavyweight, Cameron described the new 89kg weight as a "Danny division", which prompted a heated reply from the Aussie most famous for knocking Roy Jones Jr cold.
"Why Shane's making out like he's the first guy in history to fight at a catchweight I have no idea," Green said. "Some of the world's best fights would never have taken place without a catchweight in place.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

and...
Quote:

Green said Team Cameron first approached him more than two years ago, when he was still IBO cruiserweight champion. "First thing my management said was, 'Hang on, he's a heavyweight'," Green said.

"So we agreed to take the fight so long as it was 89kg. And they said no problem.

"Yet now, Shane talks and people think, 'Oh, that's not fair'. What he fails to mention is that by the time we step into the ring next Wednesday he'll be back up around 96kg but me, I won't go an ounce above 86kg.

"So in a fight where weight and power is everything, I'm putting my balls on the line and giving up 10kg."
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #5
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Not really.

Camerons normal weight is HW.
Greens normal weight is LHW.

CW is between both.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

green is the one taking the bigger risk. not cameron like TCnobody would like you to believe.

Quote:

"Yet now, Shane talks and people think, 'Oh, that's not fair'. What he fails to mention is that by the time we step into the ring next Wednesday he'll be back up around 96kg but me, I won't go an ounce above 86kg.

"So in a fight where weight and power is everything, I'm putting my balls on the line and giving up 10kg."
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #7
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Not really.

CW is between both.
Green cant make LHW anymore, he has not been able to make LHW for the past 3 years now. If we use your theory then Green is really a super middleweight, see my point.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #8
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Green cant make LHW anymore, he has not been able to make LHW for the past 3 years now. If we use your theory then Green is really a super middleweight, see my point.
Yes, but I don't agree.

True that Green can't make SMW anymore, but IMO he wouldn't have any problem making LHW. Green is just not as dedicated as he once was, because he's rolling in $$. Basically he's gotten lazy.

He'd rather make fighters starve a little and drag them down to a catchweight as he feels it gives him an advantage. In some cases it does.

Green and his team aren't stupid.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #9
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

TC, cameron is a heavy. he will be about 10kg bigger than green when they step in the ring. the idea that you could have a valid point, goes against all other evidence of your posting record. youve never won an argument and even PWNED yourself on numerous occaisions.

you are rooting for a kiwi heavy over a near 40yo aussie!! talk about a turncoat!

cameron is a well established heavy that ASKED FOR THIS FIGHT AND WAS HAPPY TO FIGHT AT THIS WEIGHT. he's now covering his ass by saying 'dannyweight' in case he loses.

when in fact, it is green that is in the no win situation. he is the one fighting a heavyweight. if he loses, **** wits go ha ha, if he wins they blame camerons weight loss, not greens courage to fight a bigger man or his performance.

your total lack of being able to give green some credit for taking these big fights, taking his wins and losses equally, shows how much of a degenerate you really are.

swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #10
Leftsmash
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

Good god Green, do you have no shame?
Leftsmash is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #11
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftsmash View Post
Good god Green, do you have no shame?
no shame in showing the guts to fight a well credentialled, established heavyweight 10kg bigger than you.

the only shame is he may get totally destroyed and TC will post pictures of the mess all over the forum. as cowards will......
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #12
bruiserh

vCash:

Also worth pointing out the big gap between the LHW limit and the Cruiser limit compared to all the other weight classes below that. Makes it easier for a boxer around this size to find himself in no mans land.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #13
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiserh View Post
Also worth pointing out the big gap between the LHW limit and the Cruiser limit compared to all the other weight classes below that. Makes it easier for a boxer around this size to find himself in no mans land.
Bingo!
I pointed this out at least 2 years ago when Green started Dannyweight.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #14
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Green has come out and said he can't make light heavy weight anymore so that means his a cruiserweight. Name another fighter in history who has had a catchweight title fight 20 pounds lighter then the actual weight of the division.only Danny green. His scum, his complaining that Cameron is a monster yet if he wants to fight for cruiserweight titles, he should fight real crusierweights
Rooboys is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #15
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Not really.

CW is between both.
Once but not any more mate. Remember his fight with Santiago was supposed to be LHW,was advertised as LHW on his facebook,ME and his magazine hoping to lure Mundine into a fight and it was at 185. This is more beneficial to Green than Cameron. Green is not a natural LHW .
stiflers mum is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum