Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #46
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rigondeaux fighting on Pac undercard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
ESB fans are the same jackasses who think if Floyd doesn't fight Sergio that he is a coward and should have all previous accomplishments annulled.

Donaire will have fought Nishioka, Arce, WV Jr, and Mathebula all in a 12 month span. So shut up about this ducking shit. Do I want him to fight Rigo next? Absolutely. But he literally just fought Nishioka who was far more accomplished and deserving than Rigo is now, so you can't duck someone to fight someone else who is in fact better.

you need to start reading the posts before going ballistic.I didnt say anything about fighting Arce, thats a done deal, a circus fight that has been cooking long enough.Im talking about showing them both on the same card to build up their fight.Rigo is fighting someone ranked above in the division( as well as nishioka)this was the perfect occasion.
By the way Rigo is also fighting 4 times this year,( Ramos,Teon,Marroquin,and soon Poon)
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #47
vengeex
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

It's nice to have Rigo on Donaire's undercard but Arum is stacking the Poochiao-JMM 4 card with the addition of the Thailander Poonsawat...

It's an international mix and match. Filipinos, Mexicans, Cubans, Thailander, Americans... This card is stacked...

Anyway it's only 1 week difference... stop whining...
vengeex is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #48
Nonito Smoak
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
you need to start reading the posts before going ballistic.I didnt say anything about fighting Arce, thats a done deal, a circus fight that has been cooking long enough.Im talking about showing them both on the same card to build up their fight.Rigo is fighting someone ranked above in the division( as well as nishioka)this was the perfect occasion.
By the way Rigo is also fighting 4 times this year,( Ramos,Teon,Marroquin,and soon Poon)
That was not going ballistic. If it sounds like I was going ballistic, that only magnifies how my calm tone in reality can seem over the top because of such a ridiculous matter. Because it is ridiculous to say that.

I wasn't speaking about you, rather the several posts on the first page directly stating a "duck" or some sort of fear.

I also think Donaire vs. Arce and Rigo vs. Poon should be on the same card, but hey, I won't argue with making a PPV better. If you pay, you should receive quality.

I do have to wonder how prepared Poonsawat will be. He already only had like 5 or 6 weeks to train when the fight was signed, and now one week less. The same can't be said for Rigo, as Rigo knew he was fighting before years' end weeks before the fight was signed.

---

And I don't know what the parenthesis (as well as nishioka) means. Is he ranked ahead now after Donaire dominated Nishioka? Sure. Was he ever as deserving as the #1 at 122 before his Lee loss as Nishioka was after? No. Donaire's win over Nishioka is better than any outcome Rigo can have over Poonsawat. It is not debatable.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #49
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

2 of my fav cuban fighter in the same card & on the under card of Marquez fight?I might consider pitching some money for the fight.Who said mexicans don't like or respect cuba?Dead wrong respect any real fighter from any country.Rigo better turn it up a bit though like gamboa I want my moneys worth this time.Enjoy watching him box but I know what he's capable offensively when he wants to turn it on.I wanna see 5 knockdowns again or a vicious KO to the body.Viva mexico & cuba. He got nonito shook .
Box702 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #50
vengeex
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Good that the whining stopped ...
vengeex is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #51
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

More than anything its a great business move by Top Rank. They know Marqyez-Pacquiao 4 will do good numbers why not showcase the rest of the line-up to the casual fan? If they didn't know who Gamboa, Rigo, Nonito, etc were, they will come fight night. It's the perfect opportunity. Still, don't hold your breath on a Nonito-Rigo showdown just yet we know the ways of The Bobfather. Either ways, he's always in a win-win situation. Whether much anticipated match happens or not his fighters get much needed tv exposure on a much watched ppv.
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #52
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

The weigh-in to this should be epic. Pacman, Jmm, Nonito, Gamboa, and Rigo among others in the same night? ****in A! What I really would look forward to most is Nonito and Rigo at the weigh-in you know there will be alot of tense moments, crossing paths or exchanging stares, maybe a call-out, or even a brawl between Nonito and Rigo! Or they just respectively shake hands. Looking forward to this!
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #53
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
That was not going ballistic. If it sounds like I was going ballistic, that only magnifies how my calm tone in reality can seem over the top because of such a ridiculous matter. Because it is ridiculous to say that.

I wasn't speaking about you, rather the several posts on the first page directly stating a "duck" or some sort of fear.

I also think Donaire vs. Arce and Rigo vs. Poon should be on the same card, but hey, I won't argue with making a PPV better. If you pay, you should receive quality.

I do have to wonder how prepared Poonsawat will be. He already only had like 5 or 6 weeks to train when the fight was signed, and now one week less. The same can't be said for Rigo, as Rigo knew he was fighting before years' end weeks before the fight was signed.

---

And I don't know what the parenthesis (as well as nishioka) means. Is he ranked ahead now after Donaire dominated Nishioka? Sure. Was he ever as deserving as the #1 at 122 before his Lee loss as Nishioka was after? No. Donaire's win over Nishioka is better than any outcome Rigo can have over Poonsawat. It is not debatable.
Poon is ranked #2 at ring magazine( Nonito the champ and Rigo#1) he is been more than 280 wks in the rankings.He is in better shape than Nishioka who was coming from a whole year layoff and retired right after the fight.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum