Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #31
Hitta_Squadup
Beast ***e
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,670
vCash: 5304
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Please someone tell me when is the last time Rucky Burns has fought in the U.S. or outside of the UK? It's already bad enough we would have to watch the fight when the sun is still shining where I am...Ricky Burns has no chance against Broner...none, he has no power and that would be the thing that will ultimately see him stretched against Broner, British fighters stay at home and fight just as much as US fighters, this entire argument is baseless and when Broner absolutely walks Burns down and destroys him, you same dudes will downplay the victory yet again...
Hitta_Squadup is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #32
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
Broner has the legitimate belt and a good thing going with HBO. He also has the skills to beat Ricky, based on what little I've seen. He's a hot commodity right now. It's hard to fault him for not wanting to travel to the UK when he can make plenty of money and fights here.

Burns, at this stage, needs Broner a lot more than the other way around.

If Burns was the hot shot with a belt, I'd change my tune.
Are you suggesting that Burns is not a legitimate champion Jeff?
If Ricky gets a good offer, Im sure he 'll tell his promoter he wants to go.
But as I said,we could argue that if Broner really wanted Burns,he'd travel.
It's bullshit to say it's OK for Broner to say it but not Ricky.Broner has one fight at the weight.Because Burns is still unknown over there, it doesn't mean he should become an "opponent" so to speak.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #33
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
Wlad is obviously not a joke of a champion as the HW scene has shifted to Europe. There hasn't been an American HW superstar in a long time. Most up and coming prospects are not American either and because of this, the Klitschko's are able to draw every contender to them in Germany. Nearly every other big name division is centered in America.

Burns can stay in the UK all he wants, he doesn't have to fight Broner. He could build his name fighting domestic talent and go to America once the offer is sweet enough and he has a name. The point is, eventually, if he wants to become a star, it is HE who must travel to the US. It's because of this fact that if he were to insist that he is never going to leave home, he could become Calzaghe level at best, and it would be a joke.

Another thing to consider is that people are touting Broner as the next Mayweather. This isn't a comparison that is often made, and whether it becomes true or not, it is a big deal. No one is touting Burns to become anything close to that. Because of each fighters respective potential future, Broner DOES have a lot more bargaining power, regardless of whether or not people think he doesn't have defining wins.

At the end of the day,until a decent offer is made to Burns, no one has the right to say this isn't a double standard.I've said for weeks this fight may not happen because Ricky has no drawing power over there, so Broner can make more money fighting a non-champ then move up to better fights at 140,but then people say I'm making excuses for Burns ducking.
Can you see the double standard?
And I don 't think Wlad's a joke,but no one's kicking down Ricky's door to go to Vegas and he's doing ok in the meantime.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #34
Slyk
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 3364
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
At the end of the day,until a decent offer is made to Burns, no one has the right to say this isn't a double standard.I've said for weeks this fight may not happen because Ricky has no drawing power over there, so Broner can make more money fighting a non-champ then move up to better fights at 140,but then people say I'm making excuses for Burns ducking.
Can you see the double standard?
And I don 't think Wlad's a joke,but no one's kicking down Ricky's door to go to Vegas and he's doing ok in the meantime.
It's not a double standard. Broner just has so much more going for him that gives him the right to tell Burns he has to travel. There have been about four other posters who have pointed out the same thing but you just don't seem willing to listen.
Slyk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #35
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,288
vCash: 500
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

At first i though burns was ducking but like broner he was too big & out grew his division so don't be hypocrites.He's said he'd have no problem fighting broner anywhere a ring is a ring.Respect to burns.Burns,gamboa are only interesting fights broner should be in,anybdoy else is unworthy & he'd be downgrading if he does.
Box702 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #36
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Trying to make a dollar
Posts: 9,603
vCash: 5174
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Are you suggesting that Burns is not a legitimate champion Jeff?
If Ricky gets a good offer, Im sure he 'll tell his promoter he wants to go.
But as I said,we could argue that if Broner really wanted Burns,he'd travel.
It's bullshit to say it's OK for Broner to say it but not Ricky.Broner has one fight at the weight.Because Burns is still unknown over there, it doesn't mean he should become an "opponent" so to speak.
Ricky has the title that Guerrero vacated. As usual for the Brits, it's the WBO and he wants to sit on it. Sound familiar?

Broner just beat the #1 lightweight in the world who was coming off of a much more impressive streak. At this point, he is the man in the division.

Broner has the HBO deal, the legitimate belt, and enough skills to beat Burns no matter where the fight takes place. Burns best shot is to get a hometown decision and Broner knows it.

I take things on a case by case basis, and in this case Burns should travel.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #37
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
Ricky has the title that Guerrero vacated. As usual for the Brits, it's the WBO and he wants to sit on it. Sound familiar?

Broner just beat the #1 lightweight in the world who was coming off of a much more impressive streak. At this point, he is the man in the division.

Broner has the HBO deal, the legitimate belt, and enough skills to beat Burns no matter where the fight takes place. Burns best shot is to get a hometown decision and Broner knows it.

I take things on a case by case basis, and in this case Burns should travel.
It was Marquez who vacated the belt mate
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #38
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
It's not a double standard. Broner just has so much more going for him that gives him the right to tell Burns he has to travel. There have been about four other posters who have pointed out the same thing but you just don't seem willing to listen.
They're saying what I knew they would,and just because you say it's not a double standard makes it so.
Burns is a legitimate champion.If Broner wants him and won't travel, let's see an offer then.
And plenty people on other threads are saying it's a double standard,but you're just not listening.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #39
dwighttsharpe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,141
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

If the tables were turned and Broner went back on what he said twice, I would think he was scared of getting a butt kicking.

I would suggest he just not say anything, decide what he was really willing to do, before speaking, and then backing out.
dwighttsharpe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #40
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
It's not a double standard. Broner just has so much more going for him that gives him the right to tell Burns he has to travel. There have been about four other posters who have pointed out the same thing but you just don't seem willing to listen.
And if Burns has so little going for him,why would Broner want to fight him and give him due credit like he has?
And if a couple of posters saying similar things to you constitutes a fact,check out the other thread on the same subject running right now.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #41
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwighttsharpe View Post
If the tables were turned and Broner went back on what he said twice, I would think he was scared of getting a butt kicking.

I would suggest he just not say anything, decide what he was really willing to do, before speaking, and then backing out.
Can you elaborate a bit more on that Dwight?
Genuine question so hope you don't assume I'm being sarcastic
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #42
Hitta_Squadup
Beast ***e
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,670
vCash: 5304
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Ricky Burns? Seriously? All this bickering over Ricky ****ing Burns? This dude has done zilch, Brits are always bitching about big name American fighters not wanting to fight in the UK, when so many UK fighters don't travel themselves, Burns has never fought outside the UK, it's all about the U.S. when it comes to boxing...

Put it this way, if British boxers were banned in America and vice versa, who do you think would lose out more? Sorry it's the UK, I wouldn't miss out on any current Brit who fights currently if they never fought again, but on the other hand if the UK couldn't get U.S. fights you guys would be missing out on dozens of great fighters who fight here on American soil...

America is where boxing reigns supreme, deal with it people...
Hitta_Squadup is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #43
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitta_Squadup View Post
Ricky Burns? Seriously? All this bickering over Ricky ****ing Burns? This dude has done zilch, Brits are always bitching about big name American fighters not wanting to fight in the UK, when so many UK fighters don't travel themselves, Burns has never fought outside the UK, it's all about the U.S. when it comes to boxing...

Put it this way, if British boxers were banned in America and vice versa, who do you think would lose out more? Sorry it's the UK, I wouldn't miss out on any current Brit who fights currently if they never fought again, but on the other hand if the UK couldn't get U.S. fights you guys would be missing out on dozens of great fighters who fight here on American soil...

America is where boxing reigns supreme, deal with it people...
Again,he was a complete unknown even after winning his first belt.Why on earth would he be expected to fight outside the UK?
You're saying that like it's significant,but it's only more proof that he is the least hyped champion from Britain for a long time.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #44
dwighttsharpe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,141
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Can you elaborate a bit more on that Dwight?
Genuine question so hope you don't assume I'm being sarcastic
Last year he backed out of a scheduled HBO date.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

As recently as just a few months ago, around the time of the Mitchell fight, he said he wanted to face Broner, and it did not matter where.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Like I said, best just not say anything. Then you have to worry about being called out on it.
dwighttsharpe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #45
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Trying to make a dollar
Posts: 9,603
vCash: 5174
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
It was Marquez who vacated the belt mate
I knew that didn't look right.

Pity, you're a solid poster and in many cases I think your point would be valid. In this case, though, I don't see a double standard.

For example, if Dirrell picked up a vacated belt and called out Froch, I'd say he needed to travel to the UK.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013