TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346
Default Re: Cameron looking weight drained already - photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
on that photo alone I cannot agree that he looks weight drained TC
He had to loose about another 2kg prior to the weigh in today, he sat in a hottub this morning and sweated out the extra 2kg he needed to drop. This is not a healthy thing to do prior to a fight. He looks gaunt in the face, his skin is sagging on his face and he has lost a considerable amount of muscle mass in his arms. He hasnt just cut up he has canabalised due to insufficent calorie intake in order to make dannyweight.

i guess we shall soon find out within a couple of rounds of the fight. I belive that the longer this fight goes on the worse a weight drained Cameron will look. I am guessing rounds 3-4 he will begin to feel the affect of droping so much weight in such a short period of time. The weight he does put on in the next 24hrs is dead weight and wont really help him during the fight.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 06:43 AM   #62
Dazz

vCash: 500

We are all waiting on what Cameron looks like tomorrow. He looks lean and I think the stare down shows him in good health but it will all depend on how well he responds to having food in him. To lose the last of the weight in a hot bath is a pretty tough way of doing it. I'm looking forward to a good fight and I hope they both give it their all. If Cameron can land some big punches early, he'll be in with a great shot and may just force Green to back off. If Green fights like he did in the first 9 rounds against Wlod, he will be difficult to beat and will find Cameron looking for the knockout punch. I don't really see Cameron winning on points, it's a ko or nothing for Cameron.
Dazz is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #63
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Having most recently competed as a heavyweight, Cameron described the new 89kg weight as a "Danny division", which prompted a heated reply from the Aussie most famous for knocking Roy Jones Jr cold.

"Why Shane's making out like he's the first guy in history to fight at a catchweight I have no idea," Green said. "Some of the world's best fights would never have taken place without a catchweight in place.

"People need to realise Floyd Mayweather has done it, Manny Pacquiao, Bernard Hopkins, Julio Caeser Chavez and Meldrick Taylor fought a welterweight title at catchweight in '94. It's been happening forever ... it's happening now.

"And why? Because Shane Cameron walks around at 100kg, I walk around at 86kg. So does he think I'm an idiot? Perhaps he'd be happier if I cut an arm off before the fight too - maybe that would make it fairer for him.

"He needs to know that when I wanted to fight Roy Jones Jr for the cruiserweight title they said it had to be at 81.5kg. And guess what? If you want an opportunity, you take it.

"Roy said I was too big and strong for him at the regular cruiserweight limit and so I sucked right down, then went out there and knocked him out.

"I agreed to it because I wanted it. So what's he whinging about?"

Green said Team Cameron first approached him more than two years ago, when he was still IBO cruiserweight champion. "First thing my management said was, 'Hang on, he's a heavyweight'," Green said.

"So we agreed to take the fight so long as it was 89kg. And they said no problem.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #64
CapsLock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

weighing up all factors and going off what i have heard from greeny's sparring over the last month in melb. i see cameron ko 4/5/6.

a lot of people in boxing (the usual suspects) have unloaded their wallets heavily onto a cameron KO. i know one in particular has backed 20 large on the cameron KO, and hes a guy thats cleaned up on many an aussie fight

it may be even earlier than i have said and the KO may be a brutal one.

green is shot to pieces, cannot take a punch anymore. is old. cameron will have 10 kegs on green when they step in the ring.

cameron will know he aint gonna get a points decision coz green will run the whole fight and not stand and trade..the minute cameron lands, and he will land, he'll knock green clean out

i dont expect cameron to come out wild, although he will certainly be pushing hard to engage from about the second round he'll up the auntie like a motherfcuker.

i guaran-****in-tee it
CapsLock is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #65
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

yep. he's fighting a heavyweight. i expect he will get chopped down. his only advantage will be speed. he will neeed to take cameron into deep water and hope the weight loss will affect him. both are taking a risk. its catchweight. its normal. both have their advantages and disadvantages...

Quote:
Green said Team Cameron first approached him more than two years ago, when he was still IBO cruiserweight champion. "First thing my management said was, 'Hang on, he's a heavyweight'," Green said.

"So we agreed to take the fight so long as it was 89kg. And they said no problem.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #66
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsLock View Post
weighing up all factors and going off what i have heard from greeny's sparring over the last month in melb. i see cameron ko 4/5/6.

a lot of people in boxing (the usual suspects) have unloaded their wallets heavily onto a cameron KO. i know one in particular has backed 20 large on the cameron KO, and hes a guy thats cleaned up on many an aussie fight

it may be even earlier than i have said and the KO may be a brutal one.

green is shot to pieces, cannot take a punch anymore. is old. cameron will have 10 kegs on green when they step in the ring.

cameron will know he aint gonna get a points decision coz green will run the whole fight and not stand and trade..the minute cameron lands, and he will land, he'll knock green clean out

i dont expect cameron to come out wild, although he will certainly be pushing hard to engage from about the second round he'll up the auntie like a motherfcuker.

i guaran-****in-tee it
i hope your right
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #67
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
i hope your right
hes got most things you havent got. the most obvious one is GUTS.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #68
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1 View Post
It's boxing not body building you derek since when have the size of someones biceps determined the outcome of a fight
This guy would destroy Wlad

StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #69
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

haha "danny division"
raff is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #70
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff View Post
haha "danny division"

cameron approached danny for the fight 2 years ago, and agreed to the weight.

do you expect green to fight a well credentialled, established, active heavyweight....without SOME concession?

are you a fool? or are you a TC?
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #71
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe View Post
Cameron needs to draw Green into a brawl..........if he can he will KO Danny boy.....but you can't dismiss the fact that before Wlod starting getting to Green in the 10th rd Green had boxed his ears off & won nearly all the rounds.........I'm expecting Green to use the same strategy as he did Wlod & cruise to an easy decision win whilst on the backfoot all night........Camerons only chance to win this fight is do what Tarver & Wlod did.......find that chin.
Well it's paying $6.50 Green by decision apparently. Get on.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #72
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
green being a light heavy up against cameron, a heavy, it will be one of oz's best wins if green can pull this off.

cameron is huge compared to green, props for danny for stepping up again and wanting to put on a show for australasian boxing fans.

green has alot of pressure on his shoulders in this fight imo.

lets hope they bash the crap out of each other and put on a super specticle.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #73
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Sox is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #74
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

He looks fine and he has a 18 hours to rehydrate and get some weight back on.

He'll be fine.
irishny is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #75
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopperdong View Post
Quote from Danny today

He such a snake.
He weighed 3 lb over the limit in his previous fight.
He said Mundine beat him fair and square for 2 years and only became weight drained after retirement.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum