Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-21-2012, 06:40 AM   #91
Loudon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

[quote]
[quote=BatTheMan;14244651]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
You said he didn't fight anyone so you have to elaborate on that. If you said that he didn't fight anyone outside his homecountry, then it would be the truth. Just like Ward.
That's fair enough. Ward hasn't left home as yet. But he's only 28.

Ottke retired after 34 fights at home, against opposition that wasn't as good as the guys who Andre's fought.

The circumstances are different. Ward got a gift because Goosen's his promoter and Showtime hosted the event.

I'm sure that if the tournament had been in hosted in Britain or Germany, and Andre would have had to have travelled, then I'm sure that he would have done.

Quote:
I have little problem with Ward fighting Pavlik now. There's no reason to hype the fight though. It's a gimme against someone who has namevalue only. Just like the Dawson fight.
The Dawson fight certainly wasn't seen as a gimme for Andre when it was signed.

Regards, Loudon.
Loudon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #92
Loudon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK View Post
Both Kessler and Froch has the balls to take THEIR belts to Ward's home country to give Ward the chance to win them. Can't see why Ward can't do the same, especially as these two fights make more sense than any other for Ward.

No one is interested in watched Ward fight a weight drained Chad Dawson or an alcoholic Kelly Pavilk.
The difference is, Froch and Kessler HAD to fight in America, because Showtime hosted the event. Every fighter based outside of Europe knew that at some point they'd have to fight in America. The final was always going to be held in America. Of course an American based fighter, is going to have advantages, when the tournament is hosted by a big American tv network like Showtime. All the fighters and promoters were happy with the terms.

If Britain had've hosted it, and Eddie Hearn had got Froch the chance to fight all of his fights in Nottingham, what do you think would have happened?

Again, nobody knew Chad was going to be drained when that fight was signed. That fight was seen as an even fight.

Regards, Loudon.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 06:55 AM   #93
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

[quote=Loudon;14244725]
Quote:

So you think he will travel to his opponents backyard? I don't.

Quote:

Ottke retired after 34 fights at home, against opposition that wasn't as good as the guys who Andre's fought.
He did beat Glen Johnson though and he fought the available opposition didn't he?

Quote:
The circumstances are different. Ward got a gift because Goosen's his promoter and Showtime hosted the event.

I'm sure that if the tournament had been in hosted in Britain or Germany, and Andre would have had to have travelled, then I'm sure that he would have done.
Goosen did a tremendous job for Ward no doubt about it. He made the ultimatum that if Ward didn't get all his fights at home he wouldn't enter. The rival promotors caved in under pressure from Showtime.

Quote:

Regards, Loudon.
It was a gimme from the moment it was clear that the fight was at 168 and in jOakland. Everybody but Ward-stans knew that.

Regards
Bat.
BatTheMan is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #94
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 239

I remember a lot of people here were convinced Dawson was going to do a number on Ward, "he's got pudding fists, too chinny etc". Dawson came into the fight around 185 pounds of got blown away mentally as much as physically. Froch looked a nervous wreck against him.

Idiots like Arran want Ward to come to England for a rematch for the sole purpose of travel , no other reason but to fight on forgein soil. Fact is ,it will just be another uncompetative fight with no benifit to Ward and just a waste of everybody's time and Ward will be blamed for taking an easy fight with somebody he already blew out.

Ward, his camp or anybody else in America dont give a shit about going to England and it wont affect him in any way.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #95
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

[quote=Loudon;14244725][quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatTheMan View Post

Regards, Loudon.
Loudon mate, Ward left the US twice and going from Oakland to NJ is like travelling fron the UK to Russia.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #96
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Idiots like Arran want Ward to come to England for a rematch for the sole purpose of travel , no other reason but to fight on forgein soil. Fact is ,it will just be another uncompetative fight with no benifit to Ward and just a waste of everybody's time and Ward will be blamed for taking an easy fight with somebody he already blew out.

Ward, his camp or anybody else in America dont give a shit about going to England and it wont affect him in any way.
Such mentality alway makes me ask; if Ward is so obviously superior to Froch that a rematch would be a repeat of the first fight if not a greater one-sided fight in Ward's favour, then why dont Ward fans get behind the idea of him going to Britain and humiliating Froch on Froch's home turf?

Does Ward have to go to Britain? Of course he doesn't. A potential rematch, should it happen sometime in the future, would be just as big a payday, or even bigger, in the US and Ward is the King of the division so shouldn't have to go anywhere - not that that will stop people complaining, it certainly didn't stop people moaning about Calzaghe when he was King - but going to Britain and beating Froch in a shut out would destroy any notion of Ward being afraid of travel and it would ruin any credibility anyone ever gave to Froch being a legitimate challeger to Ward.

So, the way I see it, if Froch earns a rematch and Ward chooses to have it in the UK, and its as onesided as his fanboys are saying it would be, then Ward benefits greatly from it. He'd reaffirm his position as King of the division, prove Froch was never in his league, get a big payday and in the process render the chief criticism of him - that he wont travel - obsolete.

Yet all I ever see from his fanboys is: "a rematch would be worthless" or "its a waste of time to travel to the UK" or even "Ward and all American boxing dont give a shit about the UK".

As a side note, I highly doubt that Ward would get any greater level of respect if he fought the next seven or so years as an away fighter defending his title since Lennox Lewis did exactly that when he was Heavyweight Champ and he never got any extra respect for it, but I do fail to understand how anybody can say Ward's totally superior to Froch/Kessler or whoever but then make excuses for why he shouldn't prove it in their backyard if they earn a second shot at him - which is not to say that I'd think any less of him if he didn't, I just dont understand why people say he shouldn't if he could.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 07:41 AM   #97
One Round
Hertfordshire's Finest
ESB Senior Member

Son of Ottke is dull, sells no tikets and was gifted the Super 6 through never having to leave his backyard. I'd sooner watch Froch v Kessler II than Ward hit, headbutt and hold his way through another ugly fight.
One Round is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #98
Loudon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote=dinovelvet;14244813][quote=Loudon;14244725]
Quote:

Loudon mate, Ward left the US twice and going from Oakland to NJ is like travelling fron the UK to Russia.
Yes, America is huge.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #99
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

You must also consider if Ward came over he might be unfairly robbed and no fighter wants to be a victim of that.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #100
yeyo monster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

what you motha****ers dont understand??? Ward is the champion...he beat both guys easily....You want the belt come and ****ing get it.....Baseball, Basketball, Football....the guy with the better record get always the advantage in playing home games
yeyo monster is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #101
Loudon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Round View Post
Son of Ottke is dull, sells no tikets and was gifted the Super 6 through never having to leave his backyard. I'd sooner watch Froch v Kessler II than Ward hit, headbutt and hold his way through another ugly fight.
He was gifted home advantage, but he wasn't gifted the fights was he?

Let's take the titles off of him, because they travelled and he didn't.

Lets make Ricky's fight against Floyd void, because Ricky travelled.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 07:52 AM   #102
yeyo monster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

brittish fans sounds really bitter!!! get over it...is you want a rematch is going to be in america.....if you believe you are so good....beat the champ and take the belts home....thats it. Ward won his right!!! stop sounding pathetic
yeyo monster is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #103
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeyo monster View Post
what you motha****ers dont understand??? Ward is the champion...he beat both guys easily....You want the belt come and ****ing get it.....Baseball, Basketball, Football....the guy with the better record get always the advantage in playing home games
Which again is bullshit since Ward had the champions come to him. You cannot use the "champions priority" argument to excuse a refusal on his part to travel. Business wise, financially, you can make the argument, but not through champions priority, cause that's hypocritical bullshit.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #104
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
wide decisions?

2 points over Froch

6 points over Kessler

Not the shutout americans claim they are. When is the glass passport Ward going to travel rather than fight in front of 8500 in Joakland?
Just because Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles scored it 115-113 for Ward doesn't mean it was that close of a fight. The judges don't always get it right. Ask Pernell Whitaker!!! Besides, do you HONESTLY (key word) believe Froch-Ward was a two point fight?

Secondly why the butthurt about Ward's travel? Does Floyd travel? Did DLH travel? I don't see Cotto and his fans demanding a re-match with Floyd in PR. Was the Hatton contingent crying about fighting Floyd in Vegas and then wanting him to come to the UK for a second bout?

Boo hoo an American who wasn't even favored in the S6 to begin with thrashed three Euro's on the way to victory and recognition as the best SM in the world. Get over it, no amount of whining or bitter tears will change that fact.
Bulletproof is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #105
Elvizzz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Round View Post
I must say I agree!!
Elvizzz is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum