Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who takes the win, or the pies?
Hatton 97 71.85%
Senchenko 38 28.15%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #46
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton vs. Vyacheslav Senchenko Countdown - IT'S FIGHT WEEK! 5 DAYS TO GO!

i'll be reading the rbr on here ..i pray it doesn't end ugly for our boy ricky!!!!
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #47
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922
Default Re: Ricky Hatton vs. Vyacheslav Senchenko Countdown - IT'S FIGHT WEEK! 6 DAYS TO GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashalasha7 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Interesting to hear his thoughts, especially regarding Floyd v Manny. However, it looks like he's got no enthusiasm any more. Not for anything, let alone boxing.

He should cancel the fight and just get on and enjoy his life whilst he's still healthy.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #48
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238
Default Re: Ricky Hatton vs. Vyacheslav Senchenko Countdown - IT'S FIGHT WEEK! 5 DAYS TO GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Punch View Post
Lazarus; are showtime sending over Jimmy Lennon Jnr to announce?
Not sure, mate. Probably are as I imagine Buffer will be working Guerrero-Berto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
is there a list of pubs this is on at?

want to watch it in birmingham city centre but struggling to find somewhere
Quite a few Cinema's are running it. If you go to Odeon.co.uk, you can check the cinema's for it there.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #49
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

Really beginning to get excited with this. I know lots of people are feeling underwhelmed but I'm really getting pumped for it. Down the local boozer, pint in hand screaming at the telly like a true piss-head Hatton fan.

However, when analysing it I've got to be realistic.

I think Ricky takes a points win. I think he'll start well, he may even knock Senchenko down early but because of all the weight he's took off I expect him tire and be unable get the stoppage.

It's interesting this fight is only going to be 10 rounds, that's better for Hatton because expect him to be absolutely knackered by the end. If it were going the standard 12 then the chances of him losing would be significantly higher.

Senchenko for me is very basic, lord knows he got a world title and held it for so long. Senchenko will come into the fight once Ricky calms down a bit after a few rounds of bashing him about. I think he'll probably win the last couple of rounds but Hatton will be able to see it out to the end and pick up the decision win.

Afterwards I can see many people calling for Hatton to pack it in again because this fight will will show us Ricky isn't what he was. Age takes it toll on every fighter, especially if that fighter has lived on a diet of lager and chips for 3-and-a-half years beforehand.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #50
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

pauli stopped him, that should explain everything
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #51
anthony10846
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Richard Poxon just tweeted saying it's Michael Buffer.
anthony10846 is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #52
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

Default Re: Ricky Hatton vs. Vyacheslav Senchenko Countdown - IT'S FIGHT WEEK! 4 DAYS TO GO!

TODAY'S COUNTDOWN BUILD-UP - 21/11/2012

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVgJv0N_SjU[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7EaDiC8dMY[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcI2WTzRIJQ[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WucTqG0Vm5U[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylVThL0Cj0M[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEEHdxF9KSc[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCepJmkQZ6E[/ame]

DAILY MAIL ARTICLE (JEFF POWELL): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Had another great session with bob @HattonGym,wind down week.short & explosive work.weight bang on.cant come sooner

Quote:
Primetime are pleased to announce the studio and commentary team who will be covering the return of ‘The Hitman’ Ricky Hatton on 24th November.

Leading the coverage will be Paul Dempsey; a respected sports broadcaster who has worked on many high profile events such as the 1990 World Cup, 1992 Olympics from Barcelona and was the presenter for the majority of Sky’s boxing coverage in the 90’s. Since leaving Sky in 2006, Paul Dempsey has fronted the football coverage for Setanta and Setanta Ireland, presenting every game at the Euro 2012 championships.

Paul will be reunited with a former colleague in the lead commentator Ian Darke. As well as being an established football commentator, Ian Darke has called the action for the majority of boxing on Sky and ESPN since the mid 90’s.

Having provided the narrative for a number of historic British boxing occasions, Ian has also been in the booth for almost all of Ricky Hatton’s previous televised contests.

Sitting alongside Ian in the commentary booth will be former WBC Super Middleweight world champion Richie Woodhall. Since retiring from the sport in 2002, Woodhall has carved out a career as both a commentator and a pundit for the BBC, Setanta and Sky. Most recently Richie Woodhall was pivotal in the coverage of the Olympic boxing at London 2012, calling the action for the nation as Great Britain claimed 5 medals.

Returning to the Primetime team will be Richie Woodhall’s Olympic commentary partner, Ron McIntosh. Fresh from filming the Ricky Hatton documentary ‘Road to Redemption’, Ron will be providing the ringside interviews as well as the latest from the dressing rooms as the evening progresses.

Completing the line-up are studio guests Paulie Malignaggi and Ryan Rhodes. Both will provide a unique insight into the fights and also Hatton’s career.

Malignaggi is the current WBA welterweight champion and was also a former victim of ‘The Hitman’ as he lost to Hatton when challenging for the Ring and IBO Light Welterweight belts in 2008. He also won his current title by defeating Hatton’s opponent, Vyacheslav Senchenko, with a 9th round TKO victory. To date Malignaggi is the only fighter to have beaten Senchenko.

You can order the card for only 14.95 by calling 08712004444.
Quote:
Boxing News ‏@BoxingNewsED

Tonight Channel 5 are screening a documentary on Ricky Hatton's comeback, Road to Redemption. It's late, 12.45am, but hear it's quality

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEDIA ALERT:

PRESS CONFERENCE TOMORROW, 22/11/2012, 12:30PM, AT MANK TOWN HALL

WEIGH-IN ON FRIDAY, 23/11/2012, 5PM, AT MANK TOWN HALL
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #53
boxingbrummie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 694
Default Re: Ricky Hatton vs. Vyacheslav Senchenko Countdown - IT'S FIGHT WEEK! 4 DAYS TO GO!

Hatton wins inside 6 rounds, can see everyone getting carried away on the back of it, i wont be, but still see him taking an early win
boxingbrummie is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #54
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Senchenko 1-10 any method @ 5-1 on Skybet. I'll be having some of that.

Last edited by ImElvis666; 11-21-2012 at 11:34 AM.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #55
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Senchenko will stop hatton, why is Hatton fighting at welterweight he will struggle the more this bout goes on he wants to hope he gets a early KO and will add why the **** have a hard fight like that on your comeback i see a disaster saturday night..
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #56
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664
Default Re: Ricky Hatton vs. Vyacheslav Senchenko Countdown - IT'S FIGHT WEEK! 6 DAYS TO GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatty View Post
He really is a limited fighter and has poor punch Resistance.
He may be limited but how do you make out that he has poor punch resistance?, he's never been dropped
icemax is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #57
RickMann

vCash: 500

Is the fight available on Virgin ?
RickMann is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #58
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

I can't believe how much this has flown under the radar amongst the casuals.

Sky could have made a killing off this, but it would severely rock the boat of the current british talent if Sky was to renege on its pledge to stop PPV events. I imagine it would cause a lot of tension with Froch, Khan and Haye is Sky was to reverse its decision and put Hatton on Box Office.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #59
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMann View Post
Is the fight available on Virgin ?
Yes, it is.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #60
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

Default Re: Ricky Hatton vs. Vyacheslav Senchenko Countdown - 3 DAYS TO GO! PRESS CONF INSIDE

FULL PRESS CONFERENCE: 22/11/2012

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AgUi2cZmyY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AgUi2cZmyY[/ame]
Lazarus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum