Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #151
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
really strange fans on this forum. ****ing weirdos.

In an era where we rarely see the best fight the best we have the opportunity to see the 168lb champ and p4p rated fighter take on the number 2 or 3 guys in his division and all you sad cunts do is moan about it?

I want to see ward go abroad and defend his title in a hostile environment against one of these guys - we'll either see a huge stadium fight with a shock upset or where a top talent shuts up his last remaining critics by going away and beating a top contender. What is there to dislike about that? Everyone is a winner.

The only people who moan about this are fan boys who think their idols should have everything their own way, and that having a fight in front of less 10k people is better than a 40k plus stadium super fight.

If you lose to the champion, go away and rack some solid wins and get yourself back to the top of the pile the you deserve a rematch, that's how boxing works and that's how it's always worked.

Ward is a great fighter, but he's beaten the best in his division and the division above. His critics don't accuse him of ducking this guy and that guy, they accuse him of being a stay home fighter who won't travel. Well, why not shut those last few people up against the top contender in the division and cement your place as a truly elite fighter who can't be criticised?

As a boxing fan this is what i want to see and there are no genuine excuses not to. Kessler went to the states with his title, froch has gone abroad numerous times with a title - it's another dimension of being a champion. The outcomes of the fights would most likely be no different, but they'd shut up a lot of critics.
+1
BatTheMan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #152
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post

That fight was also neutral to both fighters, with it being in Canada.

Not saying it was paramount, but are you aware that the crowd was very patriotic in favour of Durán? They where that because Durán quite smart wore some québec frenchie stuff. I dont recall if it was a flag or trousers or whatever.
BatTheMan is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #153
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Actually, Ward fans who seem to feel that nobody should even be allowed to discuss any aspect of Froch's or Kessler's career without butting in with "WARD BEAT HIM!!!" are the pathetic ones.

We know. Ward was the better man on the night against both. He'd be the favorite in either rematch. So what? Can we all move on? Is it OK for Froch and Kessler to keep boxing, or should they just retire because of a defeat to Ward?
Quote:
Really strange fans on this forum. ****ing weirdos.

In an era where we rarely see the best fight the best we have the opportunity to see the 168lb champ and p4p rated fighter take on the number 2 or 3 guys in his division and all you sad cunts do is moan about it?

I want to see Ward go abroad and defend his title in a hostile environment against one of these guys - we'll either see a huge stadium fight with a shock upset or where a top talent shuts up his last remaining critics by going away and beating a top contender. What is there to dislike about that? Everyone is a winner.

The only people who moan about this are fan boys who think their idols should have everything their own way, and that having a fight in front of less 10k people is better than a 40k plus stadium super fight.

If you lose to the champion, go away and rack some solid wins and get yourself back to the top of the pile the you deserve a rematch, that's how boxing works and that's how it's always worked.

Ward is a great fighter, but he's beaten the best in his division and the division above. His critics don't accuse him of ducking this guy and that guy, they accuse him of being a stay home fighter who won't travel. Well, why not shut those last few people up against the top contender in the division and cement your place as a truly elite fighter who can't be criticised?

As a boxing fan this is what I want to see and there are no genuine excuses not to. Kessler went to The states with his title, Froch has gone abroad numerous times with a title - it's another dimension of being a champion. The outcomes of the fights would most likely be no different, but they'd shut up a lot of critics.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #154
benebox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Why does everyone forget that Ward got exposed by Bika?
benebox is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #155
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebox View Post
Why does everyone forget that Ward got exposed by Bika?
What does exposed mean, in this context exactly? Winning a wide decision? Judges may have been a little generous, but there was still at least 4 points in it.

Typical of posters here. Sweeping statements using buzzwords like 'exposed', with no basis in reality whatsoever.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #156
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickfists View Post
One fight doesn't prove shit unless it was a vicious KO, Froch had a bad night while Andre was on his game.

I'll be sure to look you up when The Cobra knocks your boy out in the rematch. If Wards man enough to sign the contract that is, we all know Froch will
I guess every fighter who gets his ass beat by a guy who is boring and can't punch had a bad night. At least Froch could have said his vagina was itching or he had sore nipples or something creative.

The butthurt of the Froch and Kessler fanboys knows no end. I have yet to see a single Cotto fan crying about wanting Floyd to go to PR for a re-match, yet Froch and Kessler nuthuggers are on these boards EVERY single day whining like little girls about re-matches of fights that were DOMINATED by Ward!!!
Bulletproof is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #157
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof View Post
I guess every fighter who gets his ass beat by a guy who is boring and can't punch had a bad night. At least Froch could have said his vagina was itching or he had sore nipples or something creative.

The butthurt of the Froch and Kessler fanboys knows no end. I have yet to see a single Cotto fan crying about wanting Floyd to go to PR for a re-match, yet Froch and Kessler nuthuggers are on these boards EVERY single day whining like little girls about re-matches of fights that were DOMINATED by Ward!!!
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a FANBOY!!!!
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #158
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a FANBOY!!!!
A Fanboy of who?
Bulletproof is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #159
thechosen1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Not sure if this has been posted else where but Kessler promises Froch a rematch next year

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
thechosen1 is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #160
TI99/4A

Ward was Showtime's boy, they ran the tournament to promote him. The fix was obviously in. He mugged the European fighters with the help of the tournament organisers, and now he hangs out at home fighting low-risk opponents. I have great respect for his abilities as a boxer, but rather less respect for his fighting spirit.
TI99/4A is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #161
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by TI99/4A View Post
Ward was Showtime's boy, they ran the tournament to promote him. The fix was obviously in. He mugged the European fighters with the help of the tournament organisers, and now he hangs out at home fighting low-risk opponents. I have great respect for his abilities as a boxer, but rather less respect for his fighting spirit.
Some people just say the damnest things! So now, it was Shotime that made the correct moves to ensure that Ward will win, are you seriously that thick to believe that bullshit?
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #162
TI99/4A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
Some people just say the damnest things! So now, it was Shotime that made the correct moves to ensure that Ward will win, are you seriously that thick to believe that bullshit?
I may be "thick" as you put it, but at least I can spell.

Anyone who doesn't have Ward's load in their eyes could see it was a vanity tournament for his benefit by Showtime. They needed to generate some interest from American markets in a division recently dominated by foreign boxers, and they had a new face to promote in Ward.
TI99/4A is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #163
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorConte View Post
Ward dominated the best of the best in super6 like Green,Bika or Abraham.i don't see their fans complaining like Froch or Kessler fans.
For a start Bike, Green and Abraham don't have a fan between them.

Secondly, most people just want to see the winner of Froch - Kessler in a Ward rematch. Imagine that, seeing the top two contenders in the division squaring off to earn the chance of the rematch. You know, like has happened throughout the history of boxing. Apparently these days once you lose to the champ you should just retire . . .

Lastly, some people just want to see Andre fight abroad like most other great fighters have done at some point in their careers. His few remaining critics can't say anything about his opposition, so they focus on his 'stay at home' nature. Well, why not do what Kessler, Bute, Froch, Dirrel, Abraham, Klitschko, Lewis, Robinson, Leonard, Ali etc etc have done and fight abroad and shut your critics up?

Personally, I'd like to see Ward come to the UK or Denmark and defend his title as it would shut most of his critics up, it would show something extra about him and we'd get a superfight in a soccer stadium rather than a small hall in Oakland.

If you can't tell the difference between that and people being bitter about Ward's success then you need help.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #164
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorConte View Post
why should he go to England or Denmark?he is the champ and he doesn't have to travel.he is facing Pavlik next,he could make a fight with RJJ or Toney at 168 after Pavlik and prove he is the best smw ever
Ohhhhhhh.

I got trolled.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #165
Loudon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote=BatTheMan;14246148]
Quote:
In that case he has to say that he will go to 175 before pursebids or else he is exposed as Ottke's daddy.
Correct.

Quote:
Cutting through the chase here: Money is what matters. Are you aware that Kessler made more fighting Green than Ward made fighting Dawson?
That's fair enough, but it doesn't alter what I originally said.

Quote:
We know fairly well what was said. It was shown on fightcamp 360 or a special feature of that show.
I'm sure Eddie Hearn would have said the same had he had the opportunity.

Quote:
There was some delusionals. Mostly Ward-stans. Anyone with half a brain knew that it would be a very Real problem for a guy who weighs 190 lbs on fightnight to come down to 168. He'd have to lose 7 pounds of sheer muscle.
As soon as the fight was signed, the first thing I though was, can he make the weight comfortably? He and his team thought that he could do it with no problems. I believed them because the reports I read, stated that Chad hadn't even asked for a catchweight. Unless the articles I read were incorrect? Like I say from what I read, many saw it as a close fight.

Quote:
At 175 it would have been interesting.
Hopefully we'll see it.

Regards, Loudon.
Loudon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum