Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #181
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,928
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

[quote=Loudon;14248778]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dendy View Post

I didn't say in relation to 168. I said the majority of the elite fighters in the World fight for Oscar and Arum in the U.S. Ward hasn't got that many options. I think he'll stick around for a while at 168, and see what happens Kessler, Froch and Bute, and then make a decision. I would think he'll move to 175 soon.

Regards, Loudon.

Why move to 175 when you've already beaten the top guy there and there are no other big names or money earners in the division? Especially when you could go to Europe and make a killing in a stadium super fight or two, against guys rated higher than any one at 175.

Personally I'd like to see Ward fight the winner of Kessler - Froch in a big stadium fight, shut up his few remaining critics, perhaps stick around for another fight or 2 at 168 (If either of the Dirrels want it) before moving up to 175 when the division has settled down and has a clear number 1. Ideally a Chad rematch against a 100% Dawson.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #182
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,928
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
I think he's talking generally, and not specifically about Ward.

The real money comes from PPV not the gate.

Some of the biggest fights in the world have been fought in Vegas in front of only 16,000 people.

If Manny and Floyd ever fight, it'll probably be in a Vegas casino like with Floyd and Oscar.


Regards, Loudon
I don't disagree, but Andre isnt a PPV fighter (although that may change post Pavlik). I factored in that a Froch rematch at the city ground in Nottingham would most likely be PPV and would do very very well.

The British PPV market is something a fighter wants to get involved in. Just ask Floyd, Manny and Wlad. Sky know how to sell a fight and the public lap it up.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #183
Godsavethequeen
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 774
vCash: 75
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

This Rudyard guys takes the biscuit and eats all the cake in his inept defence of Andre Ward. Lets look at what Froch has done since his loss to Ward. Oh yeah HE stepped up and fought the undefeated Bute and that ended with a TKO. Next up all the way from the good HOLE USA Mack hmm another TKO.. But of course Rudyard does not want the fight to happen in the UK because Ward would LOSE and his dream would be over...ala Fraud Willnever if he ever takes on Pacquiao or Martinez.

And I will await his pathetic vulgar response
Godsavethequeen is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #184
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 5,603
vCash: 500
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

[quote=shaunster101;14248815][quote=Loudon;14248778]


Quote:
Why move to 175 when you've already beaten the top guy there and there are no other big names or money earners in the division? Especially when you could go to Europe and make a killing in a stadium super fight or two, against guys rated higher than any one at 175.
Hi mate,

It depends which perspective you look from. Andre may see 175 as a fresh challenge, and think why stay at 168, when I've beaten everyone pretty easily? Would he be motivated to go to Denmark and Britain? Has he got the desire to fight Carl again after he's outclassed him? We don't know. Would he do it for financial reasons? We'll have to wait and see.


Quote:
Personally I'd like to see Ward fight the winner of Kessler - Froch in a big stadium fight, shut up his few remaining critics, perhaps stick around for another fight or 2 at 168 (If either of the Dirrels want it) before moving up to 175 when the division has settled down and has a clear number 1. Ideally a Chad rematch against a 100% Dawson.
I agree entirely. I'd love for all of this to happen, and I think there's a good chance it will. I think he's going to take a step back and see what happens with Bute, Froch and Kessler, and see if Mayweather can do anything with Dirrell.

Do you think Carl will beat Kessler?

Regards, Loudon.
Loudon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #185
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 5,603
vCash: 500
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
I don't disagree, but Andre isnt a PPV fighter (although that may change post Pavlik). I factored in that a Froch rematch at the city ground in Nottingham would most likely be PPV and would do very very well.

The British PPV market is something a fighter wants to get involved in. Just ask Floyd, Manny and Wlad. Sky know how to sell a fight and the public lap it up.
I agree, people haven't really taken to Ward yet, but I think they will do within the next 12 months or so.

Where are you from mate?
Loudon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #186
crazy8s
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
wide decisions?

2 points over Froch

6 points over Kessler

Not the shutout americans claim they are. When is the glass passport Ward going to travel rather than fight in front of 8500 in Joakland?
Ukwingchunstudent had it a wide decision and he's a huge Froch fan.

Now that I think of it, a British judge had it the widest.

So much for American bias.
crazy8s is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #187
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,928
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post

Do you think Carl will beat Kessler?

Regards, Loudon.
No idea. Suppose it depends how Kessler is doing. As good as Froch has seemed post Ward, I don't think we can tell a great deal from it. In Bute he had a guy who simply crumbled under his pressure, and against Mack he was fighting a guy a level below him. Whatever shape Kessler is in, he won't crumble or just turn up for the paycheck.

I see it being a shoot out like the first fight, that Froch probably edges on the cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
I agree, people haven't really taken to Ward yet, but I think they will do within the next 12 months or so.

Where are you from mate?
I think there's a plan in place to build him into the PPV name, and feeding Kelly Pavlik to him is a big part of that. Pavlik was one of HBOs most recognisable American fighters of the last 6 years or so.

I'm from London. I am a brittard.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #188
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,120
vCash: 1276
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsavethequeen View Post
This Rudyard guys takes the biscuit and eats all the cake in his inept defence of Andre Ward. Lets look at what Froch has done since his loss to Ward. Oh yeah HE stepped up and fought the undefeated Bute and that ended with a TKO. Next up all the way from the good HOLE USA Mack hmm another TKO.. But of course Rudyard does not want the fight to happen in the UK because Ward would LOSE and his dream would be over...ala Fraud Willnever if he ever takes on Pacquiao or Martinez.

And I will await his pathetic vulgar response

You honestly think Ward would lose to Froch in the UK? Seriously?


There's a lot of people here who clearly don't realise how good Ward is. He's virtually the complete package. Froch cannot box Ward, he just doesn't have the talent required, but not many do. All he can do is try to rough him up, but when he tried that in the first fight he got it back two fold. He said himself afterwards that Ward was far stronger than he thought. Add to that Ward's speed advantage, superior technique, ring IQ, tactical awareness, footwork..

A lucky punch aside, Froch cannot beat Ward. They could fight in Froch's living room with Rachel beating Andre over the head with her handbag and the outcome still wouldn't be any different.

If you call yourself a boxing fan, let the bitterness and jealousy go and appreciate Ward's talent while it's here.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #189
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 5,603
vCash: 500
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

[quote=shaunster101;14248944]
Quote:
No idea. Suppose it depends how Kessler is doing. As good as Froch has seemed post Ward, I don't think we can tell a great deal from it. In Bute he had a guy who simply crumbled under his pressure, and against Mack he was fighting a guy a level below him. Whatever shape Kessler is in, he won't crumble or just turn up for the paycheck.
I can't decide either. I think it will be close. It might warrant a third fight.

Quote:
I see it being a shoot out like the first fight, that Froch probably edges on the cards.
I hope you're right.


Quote:
I think there's a plan in place to build him into the PPV name, and feeding Kelly Pavlik to him is a big part of that. Pavlik was one of HBOs most recognisable American fighters of the last 6 years or so.
I agree. I think with the right promotion, that fight could do some good numbers. A lot of casual fans seem to like Pavlik, so it might give Andre a big push if he puts in a good display.


Regards, Loudon.
Loudon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #190
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 5,603
vCash: 500
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

[quote=Smokin' Joe;14248968]

Quote:
A lucky punch aside, Froch cannot beat Ward. They could fight in Froch's living room with Rachel beating Andre over the head with her handbag and the outcome still wouldn't be any different.
Haha!
Loudon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #191
Tman6t9
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 149
vCash: 300
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

I like all three fighters; Carl is my favourite, because he's fun to watch and obviously since I'm British the bias is there. But Ward beat him convincingly, and even though Carl looked great against Bute and Mack I don't think he'd beat Andre in a rematch. What worked on them won't work on Andre, his defence is too slick and Froch is too slow. Then again, I think Ward should probably rematch with the winner of Froch/Kessler, if only to close the book on 168...there's no one else for him to fight. Bute isn't as marketable after the Froch fight, and I don't think a bout with Andre Dirrell will ever happen because Dr. Shaw-High will probably get involved again; even if it did, fans would rather watch Andre fight Kessler or Froch, and it's financially a better option.
Tman6t9 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #192
Godsavethequeen
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 774
vCash: 75
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
You honestly think Ward would lose to Froch in the UK? Seriously?


There's a lot of people here who clearly don't realise how good Ward is. He's virtually the complete package. Froch cannot box Ward, he just doesn't have the talent required, but not many do. All he can do is try to rough him up, but when he tried that in the first fight he got it back two fold. He said himself afterwards that Ward was far stronger than he thought. Add to that Ward's speed advantage, superior technique, ring IQ, tactical awareness, footwork..

A lucky punch aside, Froch cannot beat Ward. They could fight in Froch's living room with Rachel beating Andre over the head with her handbag and the outcome still wouldn't be any different.

If you call yourself a boxing fan, let the bitterness and jealousy go and appreciate Ward's talent while it's here.
Look Joe, boxing through the history of the sport throws up fighters who were expected to win BUT lost. Froch unlike most after a defeat moved on and has beaten 2 credible opponents ( notice the word CREDIBLE ). What Ward did was beat Chad Dawson who had to come down in weight and a guy who has beaten past thier prime fighters, I for one never saw the point of Ward vs Dawson fight at Wards wieght.
Maybe if you looked around a little you will see I think Ward will be P4P#1 for quite some time. Do I think he is a slick fighter...NO, he is a smotherer which is fine whatever gets you the win within the rules. Do I think if Ward came to the UK next year to fight Froch would Ward lose? and I will say YES. Ward has never fought in a hostile enviroment and Froch will eek out the win IMO.. You do remember this is a FORUM and we will not all have the same opinion.
And one last bit of advice..STOP trolling to try and cause arguments... You have an opinion and so do others it does not make either one wrong..
Godsavethequeen is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #193
FNF Main Event
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 362
vCash: 2485
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

how was Yusaf Mack a credible opponent? He's barely noteworthy
FNF Main Event is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #194
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,120
vCash: 1276
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsavethequeen View Post
Look Joe, boxing through the history of the sport throws up fighters who were expected to win BUT lost. Froch unlike most after a defeat moved on and has beaten 2 credible opponents ( notice the word CREDIBLE ). What Ward did was beat Chad Dawson who had to come down in weight and a guy who has beaten past thier prime fighters, I for one never saw the point of Ward vs Dawson fight at Wards wieght.
Maybe if you looked around a little you will see I think Ward will be P4P#1 for quite some time. Do I think he is a slick fighter...NO, he is a smotherer which is fine whatever gets you the win within the rules. Do I think if Ward came to the UK next year to fight Froch would Ward lose? and I will say YES. Ward has never fought in a hostile enviroment and Froch will eek out the win IMO.. You do remember this is a FORUM and we will not all have the same opinion.
And one last bit of advice..STOP trolling to try and cause arguments... You have an opinion and so do others it does not make either one wrong..


Not one point about how you think Froch can beat Ward.

'Ward's never fought in a hostile environment' doesn't cut it I'm afraid.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #195
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,120
vCash: 1276
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNF Main Event View Post
how was Yusaf Mack a credible opponent? He's barely noteworthy


Bute's credibility is in question too, if you ask me. His first legitimate, major test against elite opposition and he crumbled. People thinking Froch has a chance against Ward based on those two performances are really barking up the wrong tree.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013