Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #76
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brood3 View Post
No this Yank just called you out on your Bullshit. And now your trying to play it cool cause you can't back it up.

Love how you turned this into a "War of Countries" thing. Its only a Boxing discussion mate. No need to take it that seriously.
Try me, what would you like me to defend?
SJS19 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #77
brood3
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
Try me, what would you like me to defend?
Your the one who responded to me in the first place. So you should know
brood3 is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #78
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132
Default Re: What would all of the bull*****ers hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Of course Burns would make more money fighting at home in the UK there is No denying that as when most fighters fight in the home country they pocket shit loads more to say being a Undercard fight on a HBO event in Las Vegas we all know this is true.

So I cant fault these days fighters choosing to stay and make more money every now and then.

I had this argument with Geale and Golovkin fight to be.

I was saying that Geale made $250K fighting Sturm in Germany but when he signed to fight Mundine he is guarenteed $2 million Australian due to the Home event and Live Gate.

Thats a massive difference and I bet the same would I apply to Burns.
If he fought on the undercard in Vegas against Broner he may get $500k in Vegas.
But im sure he earns over a $1 million pound each time he fights at home that is a massive difference in Money.

It probably the main reason Ward chooses to fight in Oakland he makes a heap more money.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #79
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELOWTHEBELT View Post
theres only one floyd mayweather,,and ricky is his biggest fan,,even named his dog after him

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH94GYFx9Lo[/ame]
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #80
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by brood3 View Post
Typical Brits always a bunch of hypocrites. You do the same thing when we beat the crap out of your fighters.

I remember when Floyd Checkhooked Hatton back to Manchester. I heard a bunch of whining about Hatton being too small, Cortez was stopping Ricky from holding,

So don't accuse us of shit. When you guys are guilty of it also.
floyd would of got full credit for beating hatton if it weren't for cortez. the size didn't come in to it. well, not for me any way.

cortez did stop ricky from fighting his fight, that is legit. he's an inside fighter, not an outside one. he was never going to be successful with that going on.

go and watch the castillo fight in which cortez refs... see the huge difference? he allows hatton to fight in that one.

cortez let floyd get away with constantly using the elbow.

this isn't whining, it's just telling it how it is. we would feel the same if it was floyd getting ripped off, just as we are when any fighter isn't given a fair crack at the whip.

when things are done that are clean and fair, i give full credit to the winner regardless of who i want to win.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #81
brood3
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin View Post
floyd would of got full credit for beating hatton if it weren't for cortez. the size didn't come in to it. well, not for me any way.

cortez did stop ricky from fighting his fight, that is legit. he's an inside fighter, not an outside one. he was never going to be successful with that going on.
No thats not infighting. Thats Holding and Hitting. Not allowed in boxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin View Post
go and watch the castillo fight in which cortez refs... see the huge difference? he allows hatton to fight in that one.
Different fight. Castillo stood in front of Hatton the whole time. So Hatton didn't have to use that holding and hitting he likes so much.

Floyd on the other hand didn't stay in front of him and nullified Hattons holding by holding Hatton back on the inside. Hatton out of frustration started to hold and hit more and more througout the course of the fight. Which Cortez noticed. Cortez did the right thing.
brood3 is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 05:43 AM   #82
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: What would all of the bull*****ers hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo View Post
Of course Burns would make more money fighting at home in the UK there is No denying that as when most fighters fight in the home country they pocket shit loads more to say being a Undercard fight on a HBO event in Las Vegas we all know this is true.

So I cant fault these days fighters choosing to stay and make more money every now and then.

I had this argument with Geale and Golovkin fight to be.

I was saying that Geale made $250K fighting Sturm in Germany but when he signed to fight Mundine he is guarenteed $2 million Australian due to the Home event and Live Gate.

Thats a massive difference and I bet the same would I apply to Burns.
If he fought on the undercard in Vegas against Broner he may get $500k in Vegas.
But im sure he earns over a $1 million pound each time he fights at home that is a massive difference in Money.

It probably the main reason Ward chooses to fight in Oakland he makes a heap more money.
That's a very good point mate.The only thing I'd say is that the numbers are a bit generous.Obviously this is only gym gossip but I heard Ricky made around £400k from Mitchell,which is his biggest purse to date,and FW would think about going to the States if there was a million on offer.
As I said though,only hearsay but you make a very valid point.People forget that managers and promoters don't want to lose the Golden Goose.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #83
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

It is double standards.

Take away all of the promotional babble and what you are left with is two world class opponents who should fight.

Both seem to want the fight but one has arrogantly informed us that he will not be travelling to make the fight happen. To my knowledge Ricky Burns is a stand up fella who would travel to the states if he was given the deal he deserves as a champion. He would have been hung out to dry if he was talking like broner..

Broner looks to be outrageously good but he is not really a massive draw yet and is already operating as if "the usa is the home of boxing" rule applies to him. An arrogance that is indeed a double standard.

I would love to see broner over here against burns supported by a monster crowd. Maybe they should do what bute and froch did and agree to fight home and away and offer the travelling fighter some kind of protection through a re-match clause.

Last edited by dendy; 11-22-2012 at 07:17 AM. Reason: changes was to one
dendy is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #84
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendy View Post
It is double standards.

Take away all of the promotional babble and what you are left with is two world class opponents who should fight.

Both seem to want the fight but was has arrogantly informed us that he will not be travelling to make the fight happen. To my knowledge Ricky Burns is a stand up fella who would travel to the states if he was given the deal he deserves as a champion. He would have been hung out to dry if he was talking like broner..

Broner looks to be outrageously good but he is not really a massive draw yet and is already operating as if "the usa is the home of boxing" rule applies to him. An arrogance that is indeed a double standard.

I would love to see broner over here against burns supported by a monster crowd. Maybe they should do what bute and froch did and agree to fight home and away and offer the travelling fighter some kind of protection through a re-match clause.
Excellent idea Dendy.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #85
Sweet EP
Jab & Move Baby!
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitta_Squadup View Post
Please someone tell me when is the last time Rucky Burns has fought in the U.S. or outside of the UK? It's already bad enough we would have to watch the fight when the sun is still shining where I am...Ricky Burns has no chance against Broner...none, he has no power and that would be the thing that will ultimately see him stretched against Broner, British fighters stay at home and fight just as much as US fighters, this entire argument is baseless and when Broner absolutely walks Burns down and destroys him, you same dudes will downplay the victory yet again...
Ricky Hatton, Joe Calzaghe, Carl Froch, Lennox Lewis, Amir Khan all stay at home fighters, yep, yank perspective right there!!!!

Jeff Lacy is the only 'top level' Yank to travel as far as I can remember!
Sweet EP is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #86
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Excellent idea Dendy.
I think it would make perfect sense in this situation.

I am a big fan of Ricky, probably the nicest guy in the game. He deserves parity with broner as a champ and anybody saying he doesn't is not a true fan of boxing imo.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #87
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

It’s not quite as black and white, unfortunately. The below need to be factored in:
  • Broner is the bigger name.
  • Broner is the better fighter.
  • Broner has the greater potential for being a superstar of the sport.
  • Broner’s desired location will likely be the 'home' of big-money fights (Las Vegas), whereas Burns’ will be what, Scotland? No points for guessing where the most money would be generated.
  • Broner’s riding on a lucrative HBO contract, whereas Burns is with a TV network (BoxNation) that’s rumoured to be struggling. Again, no points for guessing which you’d want being the main broadcaster.
With all of the above taken into consideration, Burns has more of a reason to go over to the US than Broner does in having to come here. It’s a no-brainer, really. And shouldn’t even be up for discussion. Burns has to go over there. As shitty as it may be and sound, America is where it’s at – especially in those lower weights.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #88
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Itís not quite as black and white, unfortunately. The below need to be factored in:
  • Bronerís desired location will likely be the 'home' of big-money fights (Las Vegas), whereas Burnsí will be what, Scotland? No points for guessing where the most money would be generated.
  • Bronerís riding on a lucrative HBO contract, whereas Burns is with a TV network (BoxNation) thatís rumoured to be struggling. Again, no points for guessing which youíd want being the main broadcaster.
With all of the above taken into consideration, Burns has more of a reason to go over to the US than Broner does in having to come here. Itís a no-brainer, really. And shouldnít even be up for discussion. Burns has to go over there. As shitty as it may be and sound, America is where itís at Ė especially in those lower weights.
That's not the point I'm making Rico,we all know Vegas is where it's at and want Ricky to go over.My point is that there's been an onslaught of hate for Burns since Saturday and it's a double standard to say it's OK for Broner to say it but Ricky would be accused of ducking had he said it.
You know that it's true and I'd be shocked if you think that's ok.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #89
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Itís not quite as black and white, unfortunately. The below need to be factored in:
  • Bronerís desired location will likely be the 'home' of big-money fights (Las Vegas), whereas Burnsí will be what, Scotland? No points for guessing where the most money would be generated.
  • Bronerís riding on a lucrative HBO contract, whereas Burns is with a TV network (BoxNation) thatís rumoured to be struggling. Again, no points for guessing which youíd want being the main broadcaster.
With all of the above taken into consideration, Burns has more of a reason to go over to the US than Broner does in having to come here. Itís a no-brainer, really. And shouldnít even be up for discussion. Burns has to go over there. As shitty as it may be and sound, America is where itís at Ė especially in those lower weights.
I agree with most of your points but can't help but feel you are missing the point of what is being said.

Burns hasn't said there is no way he would travel unlike broner who has immediately stated he wouldn't. Yes, broner is in the healthiest position but it still doesn't mean burns has to be his bitch. Burns will travel if the money is right and he is given the respect he deserves as a champion. Broner will not even entertain travelling, this in it's self is a huge difference in attitudes and is a double standard. Especially when you take into account they have both got a lot to loose. Ricky is a well supported world class operator and although beating broner is a big ask it is double standards to suggest broner deserves all the protection.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #90
weegriffin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1300

Are the people fine with Broner staying at home, fine with fighters based in Germany doing the same? Sturm probably makes more in Germany than he would do otherwise and same goes for the away fighter.
weegriffin is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum