Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #16
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: LDN
Posts: 4,551
vCash: 2000
Default Re: Why are people complaining? Broner over Froch, it's simple.

log off - YDKSAB
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #17
Dedication
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why are people complaining? Broner over Froch, it's simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
DeMarco was the top guy according to?

Froch lost to Ward and Kessler, Carl Froch SD12 Andre Dirrell.

Plenty of fighters get props for losing when they take on top competition, no one at 160-175 would get close to beating Ward at the minute so no shame in that, and the fight with Kessler was a war.



Pascal- Nobody great, but then again who between losing to Froch and beating Dawson (I'd be very surprised if you didn't have on your P4P list before the Ward fight) did he beat who was worth mentioning?

Taylor- Beat Jeff Lacy in a WBC eliminator (No big deal I know but still not that bad)

Dirrell- Think he proved against Froch that he is very tough to beat.

Johnson- Yusaf Mack and Allen Green in his last three bouts.

Bute- As much as I think he was protected and felt although Froch would win that bout he was far from favorite and Bute was regarded as #2 in the division.

Abraham- Was still regarded as a power puncher, made Dirrell visit Dr.Shawhi

Stop twisting shit to fit your agenda, the most legit thing you could have posted is that a two division champion should be ranked above a one division champion, however to say that you would have to rate Ricky Burns as high as Broner, now if you think they deserve to be rated the same fair enough Broner > Froch, however if you are going to say Broner > Burns the only way you can do that is by saying Broner has fought a higher standard of competition which would therefore make Froch > Broner.
Nothing you've said has made me change my mind about Broner being ranked higher than Froch.

Froch deserves to be where he is.
Dedication is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #18
Dedication
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why are people complaining? Broner over Froch, it's simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
W Bute
W Pascal
W Abraham
W Johnson
W Taylor
W Magee
W Mack
W Dirrell
L Ward
L Kessler

OR

W DeMarco
W Litzau
W Escobedo
W Perez
W Rodriguez
W Ponce de Leon

You tell me which set of career fights is worthy of higher ranking.
Hilarity at it's finest.

Brian Magee? He was coming off a loss to Robin Reid before he fought Carl.
Mack? Need I say more.
Taylor? C'mon really!
.....
Not gonna waste my breath going through the rest of your list, as I've stated my reasons beforehand.
Bute was Froch's best win. I'm not going to discredit. However, Broner's win over Demarco was better (but not by far).
Dedication is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #19
Dedication
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why are people complaining? Broner over Froch, it's simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite View Post
This. Also beating Demarco wasn`t anything special. Not like Demarco was elite or a great fighter.
Same could be said about Bute though.
Works both ways.
Dedication is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #20
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 14,721
vCash: 121
Default Re: Why are people complaining? Broner over Froch, it's simple.

Bute > DeMarco. There's no argument for overall resume, Broner loses badly, and even if you try to define pound for pound as what a fighter has accomplished lately, Bute is a good step up from DeMarco.

DeMarco has beaten Linares. Gutsy and impressive, but big ****ing deal. Linares > Johnson.

Any way you trace the wins, Broner is not more accomplished.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #21
VBOX
JOURNEYMAN
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,081
vCash: 200
Default Re: Why are people complaining? Broner over Froch, it's simple.

You do realize that a competitive loss to a top fighter can sometimes be equal to a totally uncompetitive win against an overmatched opponent? Not in frontrunner Dedication land I suppose.

Edit: I actually think Broner is a better boxer, I just don't agree with your logic. Broner has done just about sweet F.A. up until 135. I don't really rate his super featherweight resume and I'm thrilled that his team is moving him along because he is clearly ready.
VBOX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #22
Godsavethequeen
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 774
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why are people complaining? Broner over Froch, it's simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedication View Post
Broner just moved up a division and beat the top guy with ease.

It's laughable that all these people here are complaining.

What has Froch done other than lose to Ward, Dirrell and Kessler?

Since when do fighters get props for losing?
Hmmm You say Ward never lost to PDL, which is right as Ward has a W next to his name in the record books. But you then state that Froch lost to Dirrell when Froch has a W next to his name in the record books..
You are obviously a Troll with a GAY ass Avatar
Godsavethequeen is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #23
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why are people complaining? Broner over Froch, it's simple.

You're exactly right. Froch has never moved weight divisions either so he's not exactly p4p material when he's probably around 4th in his own weight division.
Johnson is still fighting and has beaten better fighters than Froch as well as losing to better names than anyone Froch's lost to. Froch fanboys think he deserves credit just for fighting tough comp (which was his duty as part of the super six), he couldn't even beat half of his super six competitors. Ward, Kessler and Dirrell (should've) beat him so how anyone can have him anywhere near a p4p list is beyond me. He's not elite and he'll always lose against top fighters, just because Bute was hyped up doesn't make that a good win. Andrade had already cracked that chin in Canada and everybody who was paying attention knew that Bute was a fraud. It's amazing what hype can do for a fighter, doesn't matter what happens in the ring... Froch is tough and determined, that doesn't put you on a p4p list. Ward showed us where Froch stands as a 'skilled' boxer.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #24
Godsavethequeen
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 774
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why are people complaining? Broner over Froch, it's simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
you're exactly right. Froch has never moved weight divisions either so he's not exactly p4p material when he's probably around 4th in his own weight division.
Johnson is still fighting and has beaten better fighters than froch as well as losing to better names than anyone froch's lost to. Froch fanboys think he deserves credit just for fighting tough comp (which was his duty as part of the super six), he couldn't even beat half of his super six competitors. Ward, kessler and dirrell (should've) beat him so how anyone can have him anywhere near a p4p list is beyond me. He's not elite and he'll always lose against top fighters, just because bute was hyped up doesn't make that a good win. Andrade had already cracked that chin in canada and everybody who was paying attention knew that bute was a fraud. It's amazing what hype can do for a fighter, doesn't matter what happens in the ring... Froch is tough and determined, that doesn't put you on a p4p list. Ward showed us where froch stands as a 'skilled' boxer.
troll alert troll alert
Godsavethequeen is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #25
TheJuggernaut
HITCHSLAP!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,525
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why are people complaining? Broner over Froch, it's simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedication View Post
Nuthuggers taking this all to heart I see
Nobodies taking anything to heart, you're just talking stupid. Calling everyone who disagrees a nutthugger doesn't make you any less stupid
TheJuggernaut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #26
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why are people complaining? Broner over Froch, it's simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsavethequeen View Post
troll alert troll alert
Calling me a troll doesn't make what I say any less true. Your name is Godsavethequeen, I'm sure we can count on you for an unbiased, objective point of view on British fighters
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013