Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #31
OttkeRuiz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I cannot even do 1 pull up. What muscles should I train to improve this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
It's all down hill from here Bballchump, sorry to break it to you. When you turn 24 your dick falls off too
OttkeRuiz is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #32
Dynamito_2012
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: I cannot even do 1 pull up. What muscles should I train to improve this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
hahaha only on esb, guys watch a brutal sport but cant even do 1 pull up u *****
I used to belong to a boxing club when I was younger. But then I had an injury, lost motivation for working out, and put on lots of weight. I want to get back into it, but I want to get some kind of strength and muscle back before I do.
Dynamito_2012 is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #33
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttkeRuiz View Post
It's all down hill from here Bballchump, sorry to break it to you. When you turn 24 your dick falls off too
I'm twenty god dammit
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #34
don owens
Contender
ESB Senior Member

do more calf work
don owens is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #35
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamito_2012 View Post
I used to belong to a boxing club when I was younger. But then I had an injury, lost motivation for working out, and put on lots of weight. I want to get back into it, but I want to get some kind of strength and muscle back before I do.
alright ill let u off lol
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #36
Chrystophilax
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamito_2012 View Post
I do about 15 minutes of cardio after my workouts. I heard this is the best way to burn fat. Thanks, I look into interval training.
Interval training is basically running fast enough (at about 80/85%) for long enough (about a minute) to put your body into anaerobic exercise, and then jogging slow enough (a really light job) to get your heart back to a fairly normal speed (about a minute and a half), and then sprint again.
Chrystophilax is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #37
Manfred
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilesey View Post
Your gaping vagina.
That's cold.
Manfred is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #38
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

If you struggle to do pull ups try using a chair to help you so kneel on a chair and start from the top and slowly lower yourself slowly down until your arms are extended and you are not being supported by the chair.

Then get back on the chair and start at the top and repeat and keep doing these until you build up enough strength to complete one pull up on your own. Body weight exercises can be quite difficult dependent on your shape/weight/size so dont get disheartened because you see other people can do more than you.

Stick with it......pull ups will give you some very good benefits in terms of strength and improve your appearance to
Emeritus is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #39
Overhill
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1109

The ones that pull trigger finger.
Overhill is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #40
Diomedes

vCash: 3900

Jump to assist you in getting to the top, then as slowly as possible lower yourself down. Keep doing that and eventually you'll be able to pull yourself up.
Diomedes is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #41
Mr. Sandman
27-2 (21 KO)
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I can do 15 with 1 arm you ****ing nancy boy.
Mr. Sandman is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #42
fighter86
Belt holder
ESB Addict

One pull up equals 2 pushup or 1-one pushup somethings wrong here.
fighter86 is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #43
InHumanForm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

As others have said, having one of your feet on a chair as support will help you at first.

Also, don't be a *****, go full extension.

Best of luck to you, sir!
InHumanForm is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 11:28 PM   #44
InHumanForm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Get one of these:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I have one and it's awesome. You can move it anywhere you want and do a variety of pull ups. Watching tv and a commercial comes on? Do some pull ups. Playing a game and waiting for it to load? Do some pull ups. You get the idea.
InHumanForm is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 11:33 PM   #45
daddycool
Journeyman

Start off by hanging from the bar to increase grip, forearm strength etc as these often go first. Then do negatives, i.e. start at the top and try to hold, then over the course of ten seconds lower to the bottom. Do three of these in succession then rest. Make sure when you do graduate to pull ups that you use correct form. Otherwise it's pointless.
daddycool is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing