Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #91
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: What would all of the bull*****ers hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
That's not the point I'm making Rico,we all know Vegas is where it's at and want Ricky to go over.My point is that there's been an onslaught of hate for Burns since Saturday and it's a double standard to say it's OK for Broner to say it but Ricky would be accused of ducking had he said it.
You know that it's true and I'd be shocked if you think that's ok.
I've not really spotted the hate -- as I've not been in the General that much since that win -- but I'm not surprised to hear that's the case. And I have a good idea which posters are directing that hate towards him, seeing as though they've been doing it long before Broner won on Saturday.

But I get your point. I'd disagree with those that say Burns is "ducking". That's just silly. No doubt Frank, understandably, would first attempt to get Broner to come here -- as he'd want every advantage for his fighter -- but that in no way will automatically mean he's ducking him, because I expect Burns to eventually go over there and face him.

Last edited by Uncle Rico; 11-22-2012 at 08:06 AM. Reason: grammar
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #92
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Default Re: What would all of the bull*****ers hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendy View Post
I agree with most of your points but can't help but feel you are missing the point of what is being said.
I probably am . I've not read any of the comments and have jumped straight in. My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendy View Post
Burns hasn't said there is no way he would travel unlike broner who has immediately stated he wouldn't. Yes, broner is in the healthiest position but it still doesn't mean burns has to be his bitch. Burns will travel if the money is right and he is given the respect he deserves as a champion. Broner will not even entertain travelling, this in it's self is a huge difference in attitudes and is a double standard. Especially when you take into account they have both got a lot to loose. Ricky is a well supported world class operator and although beating broner is a big ask it is double standards to suggest broner deserves all the protection.
Yeah, I agree with you. Although I'm not too bothered with Broner saying "I'm not travelling". I kinda' expect him to have that attitude. He's in a superior position, after all. And it's not like he's saying Burns must agree to a shit deal. He's just saying Burns has to come to the States - which, again, is a fair request. And Burns himself, no doubt, would happily do that.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #93
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Ali's most famous fights were abroad, Marvin Haglers TKO of Alan Minter is regarded as a stand out moment in his career, Gerald Mclellan took part in one of the great fights in London, one of Sugar Ray Robinsons most famous fights was in London, Julian Jackson, Winky Wright, and many more yanks had career defining fights when they got on a plane.

The USA is the home of boxing but it's a global ****in sport and fighters get more respect when they travel, wherever they're from.
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #94
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I probably am . I've not read any of the comments and have jumped straight in. My bad.

Yeah, I agree with you. Although I'm not too bothered with Broner saying "I'm not travelling". I kinda' expect him to have that attitude. He's in a superior position, after all. And it's not like he's saying Burns must agree to a shit deal. He's just saying Burns has to come to the States - which, again, is a fair request. And Burns himself, no doubt, would happily do that.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #95
skoorydookatron
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1768

It is a clear double standard.

Sure there are more than a couple of factors to consider like Broner does happen to live in the country where the biggest fights take place and he does happen to have HBO behind him.

But it doesn't change the fact that certain people that are defending what he said would be tearing Burns a new one if he had came out with the same.

Anybody denying this is just telling lies I am afraid.
skoorydookatron is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #96
Rabbie1980
Contender
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: What would all of the bullshitters hating on Ricky Burns have said if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin View Post
they're yanks, what the hell did you expect? hypocrites, shit talkers, deluded... etc, etc

that's the kind of talk you get from them.

i don't even come on this site all that much because of it. it's grotesque and insulting.

broner is from a long line of american cowards who refuse to travel, so it will be up to burns to do so. which he will...

the yanks insult people by calling them stay at home fighters, when they're the worst for doing it. it ****ing pisses me off with the amount of delusion on display. i hope ricky goes over there and gives him a good hiding, but we all know that the corruption will be on full display making it very, very difficult to get a fair win. it stinks.

what is it about "international" that they don't understand? everyone has to do their bit, but the the cowards just sit back and put up their usual arrogant front. **** them and their double standards and hypocrisy!!

rant, over.
****ing yes m8! well said that man
Rabbie1980 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum