Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #31
JamieC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez looking like a beast . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
Not just Jamaican, that whole line up

Gatlin! Banned for using performance enhancing drugs, then comes back to appear at the Olympics running faster than he's ever ran before
every one in the starting blocks in the final Gatlin is one of the worst examples of a "sportsman" going
JamieC is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #32
LovePisBack
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
But that's the misunderstanding. PEDS aren't a miracle drug, they're not going make a 39 year old man faster than ever, hit harder than ever and have more endurance than ever. But they are going to help him build muscle mass to fight above his natural weight class, burn off that excess fat that is hard to shed at that age, give him more energy to train harder than a 39 year old would usually be able to, recover faster from exercise etc etc.

It's not about making a huge transformation it's about slowing down and maybe turning back the clock a few years.
I agree, but where is the evidence that he has turned back the clock a few years?

His last fight with Pac was close, just like the two before that, nothing suspicious there surely? He is a little more muscular than when he fought Mayweather, but perhaps he's using weights more and improved his diet (more protein, less urine).
LovePisBack is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #33
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Just because Drug cheats are being caught..? its killing boxing.

What kind of retarded ideology is that..?

You ****ing mongs.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #34
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePisBack View Post
I agree, but where is the evidence that he has turned back the clock a few years?

His last fight with Pac was close, just like the two before that, nothing suspicious there surely? He is a little more muscular than when he fought Mayweather, but perhaps he's using weights more and improved his diet (more protein, less urine).
When I say turned back the clock I don't mean go back to being in your prime, I mean defy the effects of aging, like finding it harder to build muscle mass, finding it hard to burn off fat, recovering quicker from training etc. This enabled him to get in great shape to go in the ring and perform.

The fact he hired a notorious PED dealer into his camp and then tried to hide his identity behind a new name is also a pretty big hint.

Why higher a PED expert and dealer unless you want PEDs and PED advice?
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #35
LovePisBack
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

[quote=shaunster101;14252668]When I say turned back the clock I don't mean go back to being in your prime, I mean defy the effects of aging, like finding it harder to build muscle mass, finding it hard to burn off fat, recovering quicker from training etc. This enabled him to get in great shape to go in the ring and perform.

The fact he hired a notorious PED dealer into his camp and then tried to hide his identity behind a new name is also a pretty big hint.

Why higher a PED expert and dealer unless you want PEDs and PED advice?[/quote]

Yeah fair point, that is very dubious.
LovePisBack is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #36
happydrinks
@elPrincipeFeliz
ESB Addict

vCash: 666

It's interesting the lengths people will go to to not believe that their heroes are juicing. I couldn't even convince my friend that Tom Hardy juiced up to play Bane and he's not even a sportsman, I had no hope convincing them about Nadal or Bolt.

I understand the stigma associated with sports because juicing when your opponent isn't will give you an unfair advantage but I don't understand why it's so hush hush with actors and members of the public who want to bulk up.

I think steroids should be legal in sports either way. I don't see how taking more testosterone is any different than taking protein shakes or drinking energy drinks to hype you up. They're all just giving you more of what you can get naturally. Legalising them would actually level the playing field too.
happydrinks is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #37
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

The most ridiculous thing about boxing is that the most prominent anti-doping agency is putting the needs of proven cheaters ahead of it's own agenda.

Other sports like cycling are going to great lengths to catch and ''out'' cheats - including probably the biggest name in the history of the sport.

What's odd here is that cycling are using the same agency as GBP are manipulating....

I'm not sure why Schaefer is so afraid of Margaret Goodman either. As far as I'm concerned she'd be the ideal person to govern the medical aspect of the sport - from catching cheats to saying to guys like Meldrick Taylor that the game is up and it's time to retire.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #38
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
It's interesting the lengths people will go to to not believe that their heroes are juicing. I couldn't even convince my friend that Tom Hardy juiced up to play Bane and he's not even a sportsman, I had no hope convincing them about Nadal or Bolt.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #39
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I'm not sure why Schaefer is so afraid of Margaret Goodman either. As far as I'm concerned she'd be the ideal person to govern the medical aspect of the sport - from catching cheats to saying to guys like Meldrick Taylor that the game is up and it's time to retire.
I think he would have been quite sincere about cleaning up the sport, until he realised the extent of the problem. Their first dabble with VADA ended up causing a right mess and losing them a load of money. VADA and Goodman obviously arent ones for compromising their services. Hence the fall out with them and their insistence on working with USADA, who seem far more open to providing a bespoke service to it's customer - even if it does cost $80k more than VADA!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #40
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1419

It funny how people use weight in looks as a factor for presumed PED use but check out the pics:

Pac/JMM 1
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Pac/JMM2

Pac/JMM 3

There's not a huge lot of difference between the second and third fights and the first they are a bit smaller but nothing outrageous. If anything Marquez looks to have blked more than pacquaio has but I don't think there looks (size wise) make a great argument for PEDE use at all.
chatty is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #41
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

Quote:
I think he would have been quite sincere about cleaning up the sport, until he realised the extent of the problem. Their first dabble with VADA ended up causing a right mess and losing them a load of money. VADA and Goodman obviously arent ones for compromising their services. Hence the fall out with them and their insistence on working with USADA, who seem far more open to providing a bespoke service to it's customer - even if it does cost $80k more than VADA!!!
whats funny is how hard usada went after lance but are so crap here
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #42
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Anyone would look and perform better when they haven't spent there camp running and collecting rocks .
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #43
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
I'm not sure what will be the hardest negotiations soon.

Purse splits, catchweights or what will and won't be tested for.

It seems Bob Arum was right when he said USADA have no credibility and wanted WADA for a Floyd/Pac fight.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #44
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

Have a gut feeling Marquez will stop Pacman this time
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #45
JamieC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post

I understand the stigma associated with sports because juicing when your opponent isn't will give you an unfair advantage but I don't understand why it's so hush hush with actors and members of the public who want to bulk up.

I think steroids should be legal in sports either way. I don't see how taking more testosterone is any different than taking protein shakes or drinking energy drinks to hype you up. They're all just giving you more of what you can get naturally. Legalising them would actually level the playing field too.
agree with it all up tho the bold. just because it's hard to root out doesnt mean we should give up, i dont want to see a "who can afford the best PED" competition, we just have to keep improving testing, it can be done, but its difficult in boxing to get a consensus, but it is the right thing to do
JamieC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum