Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 02-03-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103
Default How good is Vladimir Tereschkin?

Can somebody tell me if Vladimir Tereschkin is a future world level fighter? I have never seen him fight.

Tereschkin, just 20 years old, is now 6-0. He is a big favorite who seems to have a decent punch.

Does anyone know Tereschkin's amateur pedigree?
kenmore is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: How good is Vladimir Tereschkin?

Nothing special at this point... Fat, decent skills... a basic boxer. He is very young, so can be a good Euro level fighter at some point.
Toney is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2008, 07:01 AM   #3
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmore
Can somebody tell me if Vladimir Tereschkin is a future world level fighter? I have never seen him fight.

Tereschkin, just 20 years old, is now 6-0. He is a big favorite who seems to have a decent punch.

Does anyone know Tereschkin's amateur pedigree?
BUMP.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #4
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

On yesterday's fight undercard of Kentikian vs that McDonalds test eater Tereshkin scored a point decision against a Hungarian no-hoper.In his previous fight he also had to go the full route with another very limited journeyman.
Doesnt really bode well for his future fights against better opposition,does it!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #5
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
On yesterday's fight undercard of Kentikian vs that McDonalds test eater Tereshkin scored a point decision against a Hungarian no-hoper.In his previous fight he also had to go the full route with another very limited journeyman.
Doesnt really bode well for his future fights against better opposition,does it!
Okay...so it sounds like Treshkin is not going to be another Klitschko.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2008, 04:58 PM   #6
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmore
Okay...so it sounds like Treshkin is not going to be another Klitschko.
If he merries Wladimir, he just might get the surname. So, don´t count him out yet!

I belive that Treshkin can someday be a good European level fighter, but not anything great.
Toney is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #7
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Vlad has some decision also. Give him time, we will see.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2008, 07:47 AM   #8
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer
Vlad has some decision also. Give him time, we will see.
You are right,farmboxer! Far too early to judge him correctly at this point of time.

I just wanted to point out that Tereshkin had to go the distance with two totally overmatched opponents.Doesnt mean that much!
Tereshkin is still a very young talent.He needs some years before he can take on some good names.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2008, 05:36 AM   #9
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Tereshkin will face his first real test on Sturm's undercard. He is scheduled to fight Turkish toughman Adnan Serin(19-.
The Turk has already shared the ring with some known names like Danny Williams,Vladimir Virchis,Rene Monse,and Konstantain Onofrei.In one of his last fights he lost a mayority decision to Tereshkin's touted stable mate Dieter Roth.
Good test for the former russian kickboxer! We will know about Tereshkin and his abilities after he has fought Serin.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2008, 11:05 AM   #10
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toney
Nothing special at this point... Fat, decent skills... a basic boxer. He is very young, so can be a good Euro level fighter at some point.

Heavyweight (6 Rounds)
Vladimir Tereshkin (RUS) vs. Adnan Serin (TUR)
D PTS; 57:57, 57:57, 57:57

Very disappointing outcome of Tereshkin's first test with a live body. A draw with a decent journeyman who seems to be at the end of his pro career.
I dont intend to sound too harsh on Tereshkin as he is still a very young heavy with only a handful of fights in the paird ranks,but to tell you the truth I hadnt thought that he would have to settle with a draw against Serin.
Tereshkin still has to learn a lot of things before thinking of mixing it up with better opposition.
A draw with Serin doesnt bode really well for his further future at the big boys' league.
I know that fighters like Mazikin,Fields,or Serin are the kind of sub gate keepers that stop the touted talents who just dont have the class to be a big player one day.Nevertheless, I am quite disappointed with yesterday's outcome of Tereshkin ' s encounter with Serin.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2008, 11:38 PM   #11
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Heavyweight (6 Rounds)
Vladimir Tereshkin (RUS) vs. Adnan Serin (TUR)
D PTS; 57:57, 57:57, 57:57

Very disappointing outcome of Tereshkin's first test with a live body. A draw with a decent journeyman who seems to be at the end of his pro career.
I dont intend to sound too harsh on Tereshkin as he is still a very young heavy with only a handful of fights in the paird ranks,but to tell you the truth I hadnt thought that he would have to settle with a draw against Serin.
Tereshkin still has to learn a lot of things before thinking of mixing it up with better opposition.
A draw with Serin doesnt bode really well for his further future at the big boys' league.
I know that fighters like Mazikin,Fields,or Serin are the kind of sub gate keepers that stop the touted talents who just dont have the class to be a big player one day.Nevertheless, I am quite disappointed with yesterday's outcome of Tereshkin ' s encounter with Serin.
So it looks like Tereshkin is no big deal. Thanks for the feedback.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #12
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1208

Making a comeback of sorts against the poor mans Valuev Evgeny Orlov on the Boytsov, Chagaev card.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Manning is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #13
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Somebody buy this dude a cheeseburger.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #14
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1208

Quote:
The young Russian heavyweight prospect Wladimir Tereshkin (14-0-1,7) has signed a contract with Klitschko brothers’ K2 Promotions Ukraine.

He is 198 cm (6’6’’) tall, his weight is about 240 lbs. He feels comfortably in both orthodox and southpaw stances.

“Wladimir Tereshkin is the future World heavyweight champion. Being only 24 he has 14 victories with 7 KOs and one draw in 15 bouts. Our plan is very simple – we tune him up after a long break and proceed with facing the best heavyweights in the world. I anticipate that within the next couple of years Wladimir will get his chance to fight for the world title” – said K2 General Manager Alexander A. Krassyuk.

In 2007 Wladimir signed with Universum Box Promotions. His pro debut happened on the Luan Krasniqi vs Tony Thompson undercard when the 19-year old boxer knocked out his opponent in the first round. He won 7 more bouts within next 10 months. This series of victories was broken in April 2008 when judges scored the draw with the Turkish Adnan Serin.

He won two more bouts with Universum and afterwards being already a free agent he had two more successful fights in Finland and Russia. Then he left for Los Angeles where he trained at Freddie Roach’s Wild Card Gym. On April 4th 2010 in Las Vegas he gained a convincing unanimous decision over the American Joseph Rabotte. In January 2012 he came back to the ring winning the Russian giant Eugeniy Orlov despite the long break and considerable weight difference (Orlov was 6’9”, 330 lbs).

In July 2012 Wladimir Tereshkin was invited to Wladimir Klitschko’s training camp as the southpaw sparring partner (Klitschko was getting prepared for Tony Thompson). He impressed Klitschko with his skills and again was invited to the camp this fall, then Tereshkin helped Wladimir (as the orthodox) to prepare for Wach.

“Wladimir is a very gifted sportsman he is one of my best sparring partners. He has a very precious talent – he fights both in Orthodox and Southpaw stances. I truly consider him to be one of the biggest Russian heavyweight prospects” – noted Wladimir Klitschko.

“If you want to be the best – work with the best! I kept this idea in mind when taking the decision about my professional career. While working with Klitschko I made sure that talent is 1 percent of inspiration and 99 of perspiration. I was inspired by the Klitschko brothers and now ready to work hard to overcome all the obstacles on my way to the World Championship. I want my homeland (Republic of Mordovia in Russian Federation) to be proud of me!” – said Wladimir Tereshkin.
They should have just invested in someone like Dyko I feel. Maybe this guy will be brought in to just take over from Ustinov and fill the undercard fights.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 05:41 AM   #15
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
They should have just invested in someone like Dyko I feel. Maybe this guy will be brought in to just take over from Ustinov and fill the undercard fights.
Is Ustinov hanging them up?

I mean, 35 y/o, but hasn't had too much wear on him. I was hoping to see him vs another slow european puncher.....I wanna see him beat down that kiddie fiddler, Leif Larsen.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum