Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #226
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Memphis, TN.
Posts: 13,842
vCash: 160
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TI99/4A View Post
Did you actually see any of the tournament? The proof was plain to see. If you want some kind of Watergate-style secret recordings of secret meetings hatching the diabolical plot, you're out of luck.



You just answered your own questions. If, as I suggested, the Super 6 was a vanity tournament, set up purely to build a reputation for Ward with the viewing public in order to try and increase the buyrate for fights involving him, then the organisers aren't in any danger of getting punished for achieving their mission objectives.



I already stated that's exactly what I do think, and I think it's fairly straightforward to arrive at such a conclusion by watching the fights. You haven't offered any logical reason to think otherwise - calling me "****ing dumb" doesn't cut it.



Blah blah, nothing of value was said here...



Who am I a fan of, exactly? If anything, Kessler may have more of a right to complain about his treatment in the S6 than Froch...but I don't even think Kessler is all that. Joe Calzaghe showed him up years ago, and he hasn't shown much progress since then. The problem is, I don't buy the Ward hype either - that's what grinds your gears.
So you expect people to buy into your bullshit conspiracy theory???

And if Kessler wasnt considered much as you're trying your best to pass off, why was the favorite going into the tournament??? You're trying your best now to rewrite history...Kessler was seen as a good fighter with the mechanics to win this tournament...Its easy to sit here now and say that Kessler was no good.

You're seriously sounding like a butthurt loser trying to pass of your conspiracy theory as if it actually happened. Ward won the tournament on skills and grit, not by the help of the guys that set the stage for the S6.

Be for real!
Rudyard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #227
TI99/4A
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
So you expect people to buy into your bullshit conspiracy theory???
No, not really. "People" buy any piece of shit product with a marketing campaign. "People" go to see autotuned puppets "perform" "their" "music" "live". "People" vote against their own interests at the drop of a hat. "People" are, in the main, idiots. I don't have any expectations about "people".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
And if Kessler wasnt considered much as you're trying your best to pass off, why was the favorite going into the tournament??? You're trying your best now to rewrite history...
Did I mention all that stuff about "people" yet? Kessler was the favourite because that's what the media led people to believe, and they dutifully did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
Kessler was seen as a good fighter with the mechanics to win this tournament...Its easy to sit here now and say that Kessler was no good.
Yes, it is easy. I'm not even saying he's not a good boxer, just that he is more limited than people made out. I think he was suckered into taking part in this whole Super 6 farce anyway, and badly served by his management, so I don't have specific criticisms about Kessler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
You're seriously sounding like a butthurt loser trying to pass of your conspiracy theory as if it actually happened.
I'm not "butthurt" because Ward won - I would have been disappointed if he hadn't, given the advantages he had going in. I just thought the whole Super 6 thing was a stage-managed TV show from the start. I had/have no fan loyalty to any individual boxer who took part. I'm also not "trying to pass off" anything, I'm just calling it how I saw it at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
Ward won the tournament on skills and grit, not by the help of the guys that set the stage for the S6.
Ward still had to go out and do the job, sure. Congratulations to him for that. But the "help of the guys that set the stage for the S6" ...that probably didn't hurt his chances any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
Be for real!
I think I'm being the realest poster here. I don't buy the hype. I'm sad about that, I really am. I wish I could also enjoy chart music and believe politicians - life would be a lot simpler. Unfortunately, it isn't simpler, I don't enjoy or believe those things, and don't buy into Showtime's boxing version of the Fox News reality bubble. Sorry.
TI99/4A is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #228
Godsavethequeen
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 774
vCash: 75
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Reminds me of Hatton fans

"So How's Hatton gonna beat Mayweather?"

"With his two fist innit! Pow pow boom boom! One Ricky Hatton!"
I would love to hear how YOU think Hatton was going to try to beat Fraud Willnever.. I await your reply
Godsavethequeen is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:02 AM   #229
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 744
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof View Post
My point is why is Ward being criticized for being a stay at home fighter? DLH NEVER left the USA. Mayweather has NEVER left the USA. RJJ when he was relevant and not old and battered, NEVER left the USA. Ward dominates three Euro's in en route to winning the S6, so now travel is an issue? Ward doesn't have to and shouldn't go beat up Kessler and/or Froch a second time just because some butthurt whiny ass fanboys want him to.

Cotto has a ton of fans, how come they aren't asking for a second fight with Floyd in PR? Were Hatton's fans demanding Manny come to the UK and fight him again? The answer is because nobody wants to see a replay of what they already saw, it serves NO PURPOSE. Could Cotto and Hatton do better, sure they could, just like Froch and Kessler could as well, but the outcome whether it's here, over there or on the ****ing moon will most likely be the same.


At the end of the day if these fighters have as much heartburn over Ward fighting at home as their fans do, then Kessler and Froch should move on then. It's that simple. Besides if Ward can't sell a fight and these clowns can make so much more money fighting in their hometowns, then they should do so right?
All of which would be a relevant point to raise against me if I have not added that proviso "if they earn a rematch"

Honestly. The way you attacked me it was as if I was saying Ward had robbed both Froch and Kessler, as if I was demanding he had rematches with them immediately and just agreed to any terms put forward by their camps for the fight.

I've never said he has to fight Froch in England or Kessler in Denmark, but it seems odd to me that all Ward's fans are totally convinced that he'd beat either man in any situation yet are completely against the notion of him ever doing so in any country other than America.

Why is that? If your so convinced he'd beat them easilly anyway then why get so up-in-arms when anyone suggest he do it on their turf? I'm convinced he'd beat them in pretty much any situation, and as a fan I'd like to see him fight them in front of a massive crowd, which they're not going to get in the US with the current trend of UFC and MMA attracting fans away from Boxing.
MAJR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:57 AM   #230
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,207
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
What's your logic? You want him to fly to Denmark and England to fight guys he's beaten easily? I didn't say he shouldn't fight abroad. I said at the moment, he doesn't need to. It would be nice if he fought Carl in England, but he's just outclassed him, less than a year ago.
I see more point in a Kessler rematch given the controversy of the first fight. Not so much a Froch return.

Quote:


Scully came on here just after the fight, and he said something happened half way through camp, but he couldn't divulge what it was. He wasn't referring to Miranda I don't think, I'll have to read it again. I'd love to know what happened.



Yes, there's different stories around. It'll come out at some point.
Maybe, maybe not.

Quote:

Lots of fights have been cancelled late on. If he was that bad, they could have made an injury up. His career and his health was at stake as well as Shaw's investment.
They could but my guess would be that Dawson wanted to fight regardless and his team didn't have the guts to pull the plug likely because of money as I already said.



Quote:
What are you asking me for? 7 pounds exactly? or fighters going from 175 to 168? I agree with you. It's hard, and I know Roy went through hell. But the fight was seen as an even fight on the assumption that Chad wasn't drained. Obviously it was a big assumption. But if, he could have made the weight with no problems, it had the potential to be a good fight, based on styles. I appreciate it was a big if. Like I say, when Chad was oozing confidence in interviews and Shaw didn't kick up a fuss, I thought we were going to get a good fight. Let's just hope Chad rebuilds himself, and Andre rematches him, if he moves up.
You believed Chad when he said he could easily make 168. I didn't.


Quote:
Fair point, but does he seek a new challenge, or fight guys that he's beaten already? The Super Six is over, he won easily, will he be motivated to fight these rematches?


Regards, Loudon.
Will he be motivated to fight an alcholic? Listen. Kessler is the most dangerous opponent for Ward.
BatTheMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:34 AM   #231
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
All of which would be a relevant point to raise against me if I have not added that proviso "if they earn a rematch"

Honestly. The way you attacked me it was as if I was saying Ward had robbed both Froch and Kessler, as if I was demanding he had rematches with them immediately and just agreed to any terms put forward by their camps for the fight.

I've never said he has to fight Froch in England or Kessler in Denmark, but it seems odd to me that all Ward's fans are totally convinced that he'd beat either man in any situation yet are completely against the notion of him ever doing so in any country other than America.

Why is that? If your so convinced he'd beat them easilly anyway then why get so up-in-arms when anyone suggest he do it on their turf? I'm convinced he'd beat them in pretty much any situation, and as a fan I'd like to see him fight them in front of a massive crowd, which they're not going to get in the US with the current trend of UFC and MMA attracting fans away from Boxing.

First of all relax dude, you weren't attacked. This is an internet forum for crying out loud, it's not that serious!

Secondly, and once again, why the criticism of Ward for not traveling when two of boxings biggest stars of the last 20 years or so (DLH/Mayweather) never traveled outside the USA? Now from where I sit the majority of the whining is coming from butthurt Euro's/Froch/Kessler fans and appears to nothing more than sour grapes and bitter tears! Ward beat the three Euro's convincingly!!!! Now it's Ward needs to travel and re-match two of those guys. For what? To validate the original results? Is it because Froch said he had an "off night", which we as fans have NEVER heard from a losing fighter before right? This is crazy, it's like some kid you beat up in your backyard then a week later he's running off at the mouth demanding you fight him again in his backyard.

These re-matches serve NO PURPOSE at all, even if they are "earned" as you say. JMM-Pac for example, all those fights made sense because of the outcomes. A Pac-Bradley re-match makes sense. The Kessler and Froch fights don't to me, neither would Cotto- Mayweather 2 or Pac-Hatton 2. Like I said before, Cotto has a HUGE fanbase, however I don't see them butthurt and up in arms wanting Floyd to go to PR to fight him and criticizing him because he probably wouldn't. The same with Hatton fans. Was there an outcry for Pac to come to the UK? No, because nobody wants to see those fights again.


Finally, just because I'm convinced Ward would beat both those guys anywhere, anytime, doesn't mean he should do so just to satisfy so called critics. Is that where we are at in the sport? Fighter A beats fighter B handily in fighter A's country, then Fighter B and his legion of butthurt fans want Fighter A to come to the country of Fighter B because they are all so positive that the venue was the reason for the original outcome. Or does this only apply to Ward for some ridiculous reason, because the last time I checked he isn't the only American fighter to not travel. Besides, he's 28 and has said he'd like to fight in the UK, so let's see what happens. However, where does it end? Let's say Ward beats Froch in Nottingham or Kessler in Denmark, either will probably make another excuse as to why he lost, so then should there be a third fight, a fourth? Maybe in a "neutral" country somewhere like Bolivia? I'm not up in arms at the notion of a re-match with either guy, I just ask for what? I'm sure Pac would flatten Hatton a second time, it doesn't mean he should go to the UK to do it. As far as re-matches go if anyone deserves one, like him or not it's Andre Dirrell. Even with that, I didn't see any Froch needs to come to Flint, Michigan to fight Dirrell again threads from butthurt Yanks!
Bulletproof is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #232
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 5,763
vCash: 500
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof View Post
First of all relax dude, you weren't attacked. This is an internet forum for crying out loud, it's not that serious!

Secondly, and once again, why the criticism of Ward for not traveling when two of boxings biggest stars of the last 20 years or so (DLH/Mayweather) never traveled outside the USA? Now from where I sit the majority of the whining is coming from butthurt Euro's/Froch/Kessler fans and appears to nothing more than sour grapes and bitter tears! Ward beat the three Euro's convincingly!!!! Now it's Ward needs to travel and re-match two of those guys. For what? To validate the original results? Is it because Froch said he had an "off night", which we as fans have NEVER heard from a losing fighter before right? This is crazy, it's like some kid you beat up in your backyard then a week later he's running off at the mouth demanding you fight him again in his backyard.

These re-matches serve NO PURPOSE at all, even if they are "earned" as you say. JMM-Pac for example, all those fights made sense because of the outcomes. A Pac-Bradley re-match makes sense. The Kessler and Froch fights don't to me, neither would Cotto- Mayweather 2 or Pac-Hatton 2. Like I said before, Cotto has a HUGE fanbase, however I don't see them butthurt and up in arms wanting Floyd to go to PR to fight him and criticizing him because he probably wouldn't. The same with Hatton fans. Was there an outcry for Pac to come to the UK? No, because nobody wants to see those fights again.


Finally, just because I'm convinced Ward would beat both those guys anywhere, anytime, doesn't mean he should do so just to satisfy so called critics. Is that where we are at in the sport? Fighter A beats fighter B handily in fighter A's country, then Fighter B and his legion of butthurt fans want Fighter A to come to the country of Fighter B because they are all so positive that the venue was the reason for the original outcome. Or does this only apply to Ward for some ridiculous reason, because the last time I checked he isn't the only American fighter to not travel. Besides, he's 28 and has said he'd like to fight in the UK, so let's see what happens. However, where does it end? Let's say Ward beats Froch in Nottingham or Kessler in Denmark, either will probably make another excuse as to why he lost, so then should there be a third fight, a fourth? Maybe in a "neutral" country somewhere like Bolivia? I'm not up in arms at the notion of a re-match with either guy, I just ask for what? I'm sure Pac would flatten Hatton a second time, it doesn't mean he should go to the UK to do it. As far as re-matches go if anyone deserves one, like him or not it's Andre Dirrell. Even with that, I didn't see any Froch needs to come to Flint, Michigan to fight Dirrell again threads from butthurt Yanks!

Great post!
Loudon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #233
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 5,763
vCash: 500
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

BatTheMan,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatTheMan View Post
I see more point in a Kessler rematch given the controversy of the first fight. Not so much a Froch return.
Fair enough. I respect your opinion.


Quote:
They could but my guess would be that Dawson wanted to fight regardless and his team didn't have the guts to pull the plug likely because of money as I already said.
That's a strong possibility.


Quote:
You believed Chad when he said he could easily make 168. I didn't.
Fair enough. I did buy into it. But like I say, it was on the basis of Chad's confidence and Shaw making the fight. I just don't think Shaw would have made the fight, even if he saw it as a 50/50 chance of Chad being strong and healthy. I believed that everyone involved with Chad, must have been confident that everything would be ok. Because if they weren't confident, it would be ridiculous for Shaw to have gone through with it. Chad is Shaw's investment at the end of the day. So maybe they all bought into it? I don't know. Hopefully we'll see Chad come back strong.


Quote:
Will he be motivated to fight an alcholic? Listen. Kessler is the most dangerous opponent for Ward.
I think so. I think it's a good fight for him at this stage. He's only fought once in a year, so it keeps him active against a popular fighter in the U.S.

The promotion might be a success.

I respect your opinion regarding Kessler. He's a great fighter!


Regards, Loudon.

Last edited by Loudon; 11-23-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Loudon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #234
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 744
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof View Post
First of all relax dude, you weren't attacked. This is an internet forum for crying out loud, it's not that serious!
I'm sorry but weren't you the one who went off on some rant about me being a "butthurt fanboy" because I happened to say that I thought it hypocritical that Ward's fans were promoting the idea that you have to take the title from the champ's turf when he never did and that I saw no reason why a rematch could not take place somewhere other than America?

Undue ferocity in you response, completely diregarding my opinion because it happened not to agree with yours. And before you say you didn't I will remind you that finished that post by saying "Well keep dreaming pal, and I wonder if the sky is blue in the dream world that you live in....." and if that's not high-handed dismissal then I dont know what is.

Quote:
Secondly, and once again, why the criticism of Ward for not traveling when two of boxings biggest stars of the last 20 years or so (DLH/Mayweather) never traveled outside the USA? Now from where I sit the majority of the whining is coming from butthurt Euro's/Froch/Kessler fans and appears to nothing more than sour grapes and bitter tears! Ward beat the three Euro's convincingly!!!! Now it's Ward needs to travel and re-match two of those guys. For what? To validate the original results? Is it because Froch said he had an "off night", which we as fans have NEVER heard from a losing fighter before right? This is crazy, it's like some kid you beat up in your backyard then a week later he's running off at the mouth demanding you fight him again in his backyard.
Point out where I have ever said Ward has to travel, point out where I have ever said that staying in America in detrimental to Ward's career or that I dont respect his accomplishment because he's never fought abroad. You wont be able to, because I've never said that.

The closest you will come to it is a post a while back where I said that it might be a legitimate criticism of him for not travelling in the Super Six when everyone else had to, but you'll note that even then I did not say anything about not travelling lessening Ward's legacy, or the level of respect he's due or whatever.

All I have said is that I would like to see him travel and I do not understand why others dont - particularly those who think him vastly superior to everyone else in that division.

Quote:
These re-matches serve NO PURPOSE at all, even if they are "earned" as you say. JMM-Pac for example, all those fights made sense because of the outcomes. A Pac-Bradley re-match makes sense. The Kessler and Froch fights don't to me, neither would Cotto- Mayweather 2 or Pac-Hatton 2. Like I said before, Cotto has a HUGE fanbase, however I don't see them butthurt and up in arms wanting Floyd to go to PR to fight him and criticizing him because he probably wouldn't. The same with Hatton fans. Was there an outcry for Pac to come to the UK? No, because nobody wants to see those fights again.
So your argument in this bit is what? That Froch and Kessler fans shouldn't be calling for a rematch if they think their fighter is capable of winning? That neither Forch or Kessler should ever think of fighting Ward again if they think they can do better?

When Hatton lost to Pac he was through. He was beaten mentally and physically and retired. This is completely different. Ward clearly beat Kessler and Froch, he did so with relative ease, but both think they can do better against him and working towards rematch, and I sorry but I do not have a high level of respect for someone who would dismiss their efforts to reach the top and fight the best guy in the division, especially if that guy had beaten them already. They're not just packing their bags and giving up, they're trying to recover, to prove themselves worthy of a shot again and to try and avenge their losses. That's admirable to me regardless of whether its a forelorn hope or not.

And who's to say a second fight wouldn't go differently. Boxing history is full of examples of fights turning out completely different from the way people expect them to - the Ward/Kessler for instance. You dont know how the fight's going to go until the bell rings. Most would expect Ward to beat Froch or Kessler now, but that doesn't mean a fight against one of them would be pointless if they earnt it through beating the other top competitors in the division.

Quote:
Finally, just because I'm convinced Ward would beat both those guys anywhere, anytime, doesn't mean he should do so just to satisfy so called critics. Is that where we are at in the sport? Fighter A beats fighter B handily in fighter A's country, then Fighter B and his legion of butthurt fans want Fighter A to come to the country of Fighter B because they are all so positive that the venue was the reason for the original outcome. Or does this only apply to Ward for some ridiculous reason, because the last time I checked he isn't the only American fighter to not travel. Besides, he's 28 and has said he'd like to fight in the UK, so let's see what happens. However, where does it end? Let's say Ward beats Froch in Nottingham or Kessler in Denmark, either will probably make another excuse as to why he lost, so then should there be a third fight, a fourth? Maybe in a "neutral" country somewhere like Bolivia? I'm not up in arms at the notion of a re-match with either guy, I just ask for what? I'm sure Pac would flatten Hatton a second time, it doesn't mean he should go to the UK to do it. As far as re-matches go if anyone deserves one, like him or not it's Andre Dirrell. Even with that, I didn't see any Froch needs to come to Flint, Michigan to fight Dirrell again threads from butthurt Yanks!
Well, first, you see no call for Froch/Dirrell2 because Dirrell's disappeared. When was the last time he fought? What, exactly, has he been doing for the last three years? Nothing. He might deserve a rematch against Froch but he can't get that if he's pretty much retired. And if he were an active fighter you probably would see calls for Froch to come fight him in Michigan.

Secondly, I'm not calling for Ward to fight Froch in England or Kessler in Denmark out of some ridiculous notion of his wins not being legitimate enough in America. All I have said on the matter is that I fail to see how an argument that fighting a legitimate challenger who has earnt a shot at him in that challengers own country would be pointless to Ward, where Ward would gain no benefit from beating that fighter in that fighters country.

Nor have I said that Ward's wins weren't legitmate or that he isn't better than Kessler or Froch, but I fail to see how a rematch against Froch or Kessler would be dismissed as pointless if either of them worked hard enough and beat enough credible fighters to earn that shot.

All I have seen from Ward fans is irate denial of any justification whatsoever for any potential fight he could ever have outside the US. This may be a backlash against the considerable criticism their fighter has recieved for fighting the majority of his fights in California but even so the level of ferocity put into denying reason why he could benefit from travelling abroad for a fight is starting to get as bad as that displayed by the people who criticise him for not travelling.
MAJR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #235
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Reminds me of Hatton fans

"So How's Hatton gonna beat Mayweather?"

"With his two fist innit! Pow pow boom boom! One Ricky Hatton!"
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #236
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
I'm sorry but weren't you the one who went off on some rant about me being a "butthurt fanboy" because I happened to say that I thought it hypocritical that Ward's fans were promoting the idea that you have to take the title from the champ's turf when he never did and that I saw no reason why a rematch could not take place somewhere other than America?
Quote:
Undue ferocity in you response, completely diregarding my opinion because it happened not to agree with yours. And before you say you didn't I will remind you that finished that post by saying "Well keep dreaming pal, and I wonder if the sky is blue in the dream world that you live in....." and if that's not high-handed dismissal then I dont know what is.
Now that I know you are sensitive, I will tone down the ferocity in my responses and remove the high handed dismissals.

Quote:
Point out where I have ever said Ward has to travel, point out where I have ever said that staying in America in detrimental to Ward's career or that I dont respect his accomplishment because he's never fought abroad. You wont be able to, because I've never said that.

The closest you will come to it is a post a while back where I said that it might be a legitimate criticism of him for not travelling in the Super Six when everyone else had to, but you'll note that even then I did not say anything about not travelling lessening Ward's legacy, or the level of respect he's due or whatever

All I have said is that I would like to see him travel and I do not understand why others dont - particularly those who think him vastly superior to everyone else in that division.
I never accused you of saying anything like that! All I asked is why the criticism of Ward and not Mayweather or DLH when he was still active. I then gave my opinion as to why Ward was criticized (butthurt fans). I don't see what the real difference or glaring need to see this man fight outside the US is. Especially because as long as I can remember nobody was clamoring for DLH or Floyd to do the same. I'm asking why now and why Ward?


Quote:
So your argument in this bit is what? That Froch and Kessler fans shouldn't be calling for a rematch if they think their fighter is capable of winning? That neither Forch or Kessler should ever think of fighting Ward again if they think they can do better?

Froch and Kessler fans can call for whatever their hearts desire. I will point out that every guy who loses thinks he can do better the second time around
and if you are interested in seeing a re-match, then good for you. You obviously see a purpose for it where as I do not. We are each entitled to that, it is what it is.


Quote:
When Hatton lost to Pac he was through. He was beaten mentally and physically and retired. This is completely different. Ward clearly beat Kessler and Froch, he did so with relative ease, but both think they can do better against him and working towards rematch, and I sorry but I do not have a high level of respect for someone who would dismiss their efforts to reach the top and fight the best guy in the division, especially if that guy had beaten them already. They're not just packing their bags and giving up, they're trying to recover, to prove themselves worthy of a shot again and to try and avenge their losses. That's admirable to me regardless of whether its a forelorn hope or not.
Ok, so do you want to see Martinez-Chavez jr 2 in Mexico? I'm sure Jr thinks he can do better than winning 30 seconds of a 12 round fight. Cotto-Mayweather 2 in PR? I could go on and on and on. Those two fights were more high profile than either fight Ward had with Froch and Kessler, yet nobody is wetting their pants for a re-match of the aforementioned, but yet they want to see Ward travel to fight guys he beat handily a second time. It just makes no sense to me. People want what they want, that's fine, it still doesn't make sense. Fights people should be clamoring for like Pac-Bradley aren't being mentioned but EVERYONE wants to see Ward fight Froch or Kessler again. IDK, whatever, my head hurts...

Quote:
And who's to say a second fight wouldn't go differently. Boxing history is full of examples of fights turning out completely different from the way people expect them to - the Ward/Kessler for instance. You dont know how the fight's going to go until the bell rings. Most would expect Ward to beat Froch or Kessler now, but that doesn't mean a fight against one of them would be pointless if they earnt it through beating the other top competitors in the division.
Well you can say a re-match may go differently about any fight right? Maybe in a re-match Cotto knocks Floyd out. Maybe Bradley beats Pac definitively the second time around. You are right nobody knows how a second fight with Kessler of Froch would turn out, however the vast majority of folks here still pick Ward to win and let's say he does, do you want a third fight if either guy works up through the ranks again? If Ward were to lose, then you have the option for a rubber match if both agree. I just don't see any evidence from either fight that makes me believe the outcome in a different venue would be any different. None at all. If the fights were close, I'd be all for a re-match, like I am with all close competitive fights. Does that mean Froch/Kessler and their fans can't want another go at Ward? Of course not, all I have been saying is I as an individual A) Have no desire to see what would most likely be a replay of the first fight. B) Do not feel like Ward needs to travel to silence critics or for his legacy or anything other than his own desire to do so. Simply! No more or less, you obviously feel otherwise and god bless you for it.

Quote:
Well, first, you see no call for Froch/Dirrell2 because Dirrell's disappeared. When was the last time he fought? What, exactly, has he been doing for the last three years? Nothing. He might deserve a rematch against Froch but he can't get that if he's pretty much retired. And if he were an active fighter you probably would see calls for Froch to come fight him in Michigan.
I was just saying as far as a re-match I felt was actually warranted because of the dubious circumstances in the first fight, I brought up Dirrell. Hell, I can't stand Amir Khan but I was right on board for a second fight with Petersen until he failed the drug test. You are right again in that Dirrell is M.IA. ,but I doubt if he were active people would be whining about Froch fighting him in Michigan like folks are doing about Ward going across the pond.

Quote:
Secondly, I'm not calling for Ward to fight Froch in England or Kessler in Denmark out of some ridiculous notion of his wins not being legitimate enough in America. All I have said on the matter is that I fail to see how an argument that fighting a legitimate challenger who has earnt a shot at him in that challengers own country would be pointless to Ward, where Ward would gain no benefit from beating that fighter in that fighters country.
Ok, so we are saying the opposite. I fail to see how fighting a guy in his country that you have already beat convincingly is going to prove anymore than when it was done the first time. The only hope is that Ward may lose the second time around. It's more than possible of course, but not very likely, based on the evidence we all have to go off of!!!


Quote:
Nor have I said that Ward's wins weren't legitmate or that he isn't better than Kessler or Froch, but I fail to see how a rematch against Froch or Kessler would be dismissed as pointless if either of them worked hard enough and beat enough credible fighters to earn that shot.
Again, I never said you didn't see those wins as legit. I personally would rather see Ward take on a new challenger(s) than fight guys who weren't overly competitive the first time around, regardless if they worked their way back into the "mix" or not.Again, EVERY fighter thinks he can do better the second time around, or the third, or the forth or the fifth......

Quote:
All I have seen from Ward fans is irate denial of any justification whatsoever for any potential fight he could ever have outside the US. This may be a backlash against the considerable criticism their fighter has recieved for fighting the majority of his fights in California but even so the level of ferocity put into denying reason why he could benefit from travelling abroad for a fight is starting to get as bad as that displayed by the people who criticise him for not travelling.
I just don't see why it matters soooo much to soooo many people why this PARTICULAR individual, who happens to be AMERICAN fights in the USA. People give Floyd grief for everything under the sun, but not for being a stay at home fighter. Like I said DLH never traveled, RJJ didn't when he was relevant and on and on and on. It just seems like you have a guy come along and beat 3 Euro fighters so now we all want to see him do it all over again abroad. Ward would make a ton of money fighting overseas I'm sure, no denying that, but so would Floyd, so would have Oscar, etc, etc... Ward is supposed to be soooo boring so I don't see how his fan base overseas would increase. Other than financially what real tangible benefit is their for Ward to fight overseas? I'm not against it at all, he can do whatever the **** he wants to do, it's him getting punched in the head not me. Silencing critics or trying to validate the outcomes of the first encounter is ridiculous if you ask me, because there will always be critics no matter what. Ray Robinson had critics, that just comes with the territory!! I just don't know what fan says "I like John Doe, he's a great fighter, but I want to see him travel the world". "I like other fighters too, but I only want to see John Doe travel". It is what it is I guess...
Bulletproof is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #237
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,207
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

BP:

The difference between DLH/Floyd and Ward is that

1: They are waaaaayyyy bigger earners than Ward. It made financial sense to fight in the states.

2: They didn't have rivals from Europe.


It is worth noting that when they DID fight euros in Fatyankeestan, the euros got shafted. Sturm was very unfortunate to not get the decision over DLH and some brits (I don't necessarily agree) think that Cortez' officiating was biased.
BatTheMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #238
Rangersfan1982
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rule Britannia
Posts: 1,899
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler and Froch fans are pathetic!!

Yet we always fill our arenas.
Rangersfan1982 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013