cippi is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #32
The Mangler
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Robert Guerrero will beat Andre Berto

I don't think Robert has the power to stop Berto. But he consistent enuf to outwork Berto for a UD. Even against smaller guys like Robert, Berto has never looked all that impressive. I think Robert can force a fast paced fight and wear Berto down over the distance.
The Mangler is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #33
MrPR
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Ive said it before and i'll say it again . Andre Berto is a very flawed fighter . He seems like a very likable guy but he always fails to impress me and to think people actually thought he would stand a chance against Floyd or Manny . Nobody thinks that anymore, Courtesy of Victor Ortiz .
MrPR is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #34
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPR View Post
Ive said it before and i'll say it again . Andre Berto is a very flawed fighter . He seems like a very likable guy but he always fails to impress me and to think people actually thought he would stand a chance against Floyd or Manny . Nobody thinks that anymore, Courtesy of Victor Ortiz .
Ortiz took the Collazo fight plan and fought it to perfection. Berto can't fight inside. He can't defend inside. He can only hold in a flawed manner that gets him hit. Collazo stayed in his bread basket and worked. Only problem is that Collazo tired himself out doing it and Berto came on strong at the end. Ortiz did the same thing. Stayed close and worked inside, and was whipping Mike's ass...and he tired. Zaveck was doing the same thing...and he tired. Guerrero's got to stay inside and work the body. If he tries to outbox him, he's going to get bombed out.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #35
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

Guerrero UD. I agree with everything the OP has said.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #36
WildStyle
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Berto is gonna walk right through him and Guerrero will bail just like he started to do against Yordan.
WildStyle is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #37
BagsWithDust
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Kind of off topic but i thought berto was fighting K9 at 154 or did i just read some imaginary post a month ago?
BagsWithDust is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #38
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

The basic principle should be - It doesn't matter how good your opponent is as long as you give your best effort - I trully believe that Robert Guerrero would be successful against Andre Berto if he fights at his own best. There's nothing exceptional that Andre Berto brings to the table that disables Robert Guerrero to fight his fight and remember, Robert fights as a Champion throughout the 12 rounds. Whether it is Berto's handspeed, punching power, flashy style, whatever it is, nothing stands in between Robert and his main objectiv...
Of course if it was Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao, then Robert would have to bring more to the table cause these fighters, Floyd or Manny, already bring that much that whatever Robert does or tries to do remains overshadowed by them.
For instance, if Floyd Mayweather would fight Guerrero and would sistematically break his gameplan by being busier, then it would play against Guerrero and he would look bad. If it was Manny dictating the pace and building a solid win based on volume of punches, Guerrero wouldn't stand a chance. However, Berto is not surely busy enough or that much controlling the tempo of the fight to put Guerrero in second place behind him.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #39
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Love the Ghost here, although I believe he has his work cut out for him big time. I believe Gurerro to be the techically superior fighter here, and has a better chin and a ton more heart then Berto. But Berto packs a good punch, has solid power at 147, and his speed will be a factor. And while this isn't set in stone, Berto hasn't looked like anything special facing south paws. ONe thing Guererro can do is adjust well, and bang when he needs to. Guererro is so underrated here, and hated for the most part becasue he wants big fights. YEt when it came to his time to face the champs, they dropped belts or just moved on to bigger and better fights, to no fault of anyone. Ghost's time to shiine is overdue, and I hope he makes the most of it.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #40
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

I don't think Guerrero's quite good enough to outbox him from the outside (though turning him and throwing behind his jab is his best bet), and on the inside, Berto has too much physicality and power for the ghost to withstand without fading.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #41
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Nandre Bertroid will be fully exposed tomorrow by a guy who has no place at 147, lets see what his power and speed are like when he aint juiced to the eyeballs
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #42
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I don't think Guerrero's quite good enough to outbox him from the outside (though turning him and throwing behind his jab is his best bet), and on the inside, Berto has too much physicality and power for the ghost to withstand without fading.
Would have agreed with Berto's physicality being key even before I saw Guerrero at the weigh in. Looks very soft.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #43
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Think Berto is too strong and fast for the Ghost at 147.. He doesn't belong there IMO. Don't think the Guerrero will get Berto's respect enough to discourage him. Berto is lost on the inside, but his power and size will probably be too much for Robert there.. Not sure if Robert can outbox Berto to a decision, guess that's why we watch the fights!
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #44
Sug3
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 14587

Somebody make a poll.
Sug3 is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #45
motownsiu
Belt holder