Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #31
Kurushi
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 871
Default Re: Are the Klit Brothers ATG?

As a package, yes. Wlad definitely is solo. Vitali solo, possibly. I understand what people are talking about when they say it's currently a weak division but I don't think entry to ATG status is dependent on the strength of the division. For me it's relative to what you achieve compared to your contemporaries rather than how your resume matches up to already established ATGs.
Kurushi is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 12:46 AM   #32
Nay_Sayer
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Wlad is *not* an ATG. How can Wlad be an ATG heavyweight when he's never beaten any worthwhile opposition and has been KO'ed by BUMs during his prime years?

You Klitschko nut huggers heed to S T O P.
Nay_Sayer is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 02:42 AM   #33
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

they should be considered HOF and possibly great with an asterik because of size, but they have done what other greats have done and maybe a little more.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 02:44 AM   #34
DrBanzai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

If thew were American they would be top 5 ATG.
DrBanzai is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 03:27 AM   #35
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Both will make the HOF, but only Wlad is an ATG. Vits resume is very weak and he's never beaten the best fighter in his division. He may scrape in at 25, but that's it. Wlad could very well break the top 10 before the end of his career and has fought far better competition than his brother along with excellent longevity. Both would be contenders in any era though if not outright champions in my opinion. But fighters careers are based on what they've done and who they've beaten, not who we think they could beat.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 03:28 AM   #36
SteelShoulders
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

never fought each other, therefore is not possible
SteelShoulders is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 03:29 AM   #37
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Wlad is getting there.... yes.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 04:11 AM   #38
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Wlad is getting there.... yes.
jisi is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 04:57 AM   #39
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Both will make the HOF, but only Wlad is an ATG. Vits resume is very weak and he's never beaten the best fighter in his division. He may scrape in at 25, but that's it. Wlad could very well break the top 10 before the end of his career and has fought far better competition than his brother along with excellent longevity. Both would be contenders in any era though if not outright champions in my opinion. But fighters careers are based on what they've done and who they've beaten, not who we think they could beat.
Co-sign this

One caveat: If Wlad will have to be careful not to be knocked out in an embarrassing fashion by a non-descript opponent from hereon. His entire Top 10 ATG claim is based on the idea that he is a different fighter now than 10 years ago. If he can retire undefeated from here it will be hard to dismiss him from being ranked with the best HWs in history.

Last edited by madballster; 11-24-2012 at 05:50 AM.
madballster is online now  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 05:15 AM   #40
Talivar
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Why does it take 10 years undeafeated vs what "some" are saying is weak competition to be maybe considered HOF or ATG tho?, As stated earlier fighters like Ward get the ATG status thrown at them way way faster even tho they too only beat what many on here class as slow plodding eurobums. Why is there much harsher rules and requirements for certain fighters?. Even Broner is already getting so much overhype that it wont be long before some here start claiming top 10 P4P status and then HOF and ATG.
Talivar is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #41
stebinn
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Wladimir is an ATG, too soon to tell where his standing is though. Even though I think Vitali was better at one point, it is highly debatable if he is ATG or not.
stebinn is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #42
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Yes, they are both ATG heavyweights. How high is certainly up for debate but I believe both brothers Klitschko have carved out enough of a legacy by winning and defending their various championship belts over the years to be worthy of inclusion of any discussion on great heavyweight boxers.

I know on Fight Night they are both hard as **** to beat. I can use Mike Tyson to flatten Wladimir - but Vitali always puts Mike out.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #43
Marciano
AmicoDiNessuno
ESB Senior Member

Iam not a Klitschko fan But yes the Klitschkos are ATG but not in the Top 10 ATG list no chance.
Marciano is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #44
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazylegs View Post
I don't understand what sports you are talking about. The only major sports Americans really care about are the NFL,NBA,MLB,NHL. And they don't compete against teams from other countries besides Canada. So how can they lose ground? or be considered weaker then teams of the same sports from different countries? Besides the Latinos in the MLB and the Russians(generalizing the USSR to one) in the NHL, the teams are filled with Americans, and would be heavily favored to beat any team from any country in competition. We also win the most medals in the Olympics, and although we definitely have programs and schools for these events, are not like China, who literally groom and create athletes from their booming population from the time of their inception.

But you are right about if the fighter is not American, or overly charismatic, it's hard for Americans to notice or appreciate the athlete. It also doesn't help that if you don't get premium channels( HBO,Showtime,Epix) or have the money to afford the PPV's, you can't find boxing on Tv besides FNF. And that talent is on such a low compared to the elite, it's hard to gain new fans, or make people wanna learn the science behind it. We're lucky to even get highlights or fight results announced on ESPN, if it doesn't have to do with Mayweather or Pac.

I left out Racing because i don't consider it a sport, and Tennis and Golf, which are usually dominated by one or two people for yrs ie, Tiger, Williams sisters, Federer, or won by a complete nobody that pulls off an epic upset.

It should be 51 Ko's right?? if memory serves me right, before the Haye fight Wlad had 50 written on his had, suggesting Haye would be #50 KO victim, and although Haye went the distance, Wlad then went on to stop Mormeck, and Thopmson by KO, so there would be #'s 50, and 51
wrong, boxing doubled in popularity in US in the last 10 years

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BadDog is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #45
Marciano
AmicoDiNessuno
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
Yes, they are both ATG heavyweights. How high is certainly up for debate but I believe both brothers Klitschko have carved out enough of a legacy by winning and defending their various championship belts over the years to be worthy of inclusion of any discussion on great heavyweight boxers.

I know on Fight Night they are both hard as **** to beat. I can use Mike Tyson to flatten Wladimir - but Vitali always puts Mike out.

I dont Think so sorry Prime Tyson would Beat Vitali Klitschko a Prime Tyson was not only a 4 round Boxer renember The Fight with Bornecrusher Smith or Tony Tucker he goes 12 rounds with Them Tyson was a very strong complete Fighter in his Prime with a great Jab - Power - Speed and great Boxing skills and Combination, Vitali was to slow for Tyson and Vitalis Defends ??? you have see when comes a strong Boxer with skills power and good jab Like Lennox Lewis wat will happen with Vitalis face.Renember Tyson is not Areola or Peter or gomez and all this fat slow Bums what vitali has beaten easy. Prime Tyson is a other story and other Level thats sure. And Prime Tyson had absolute no Problems with Big Guys in the Ring.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W2iGbwn1Qw[/ame]
Marciano is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum