Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #31
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Good article that pretty much sums up Danny Green...Not our best...But he has "HE

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
..I reckon 99% of boxers are made of the right stuff..they're fighters by nature..put in different circumstances there's every chance that proud warrior spirit would kick in..it's in their blood...if a bloke calibre of Green were born a thousand years ago he would've been a general...

agreed. and mundine as well...both can walk the walk.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #32
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Good article that pretty much sums up Danny Green...Not our best...But he has "HE

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
agreed. and mundine as well...both can walk the walk.
..****en oath..absolutely..these blokes are exceptional human beings..and plenty more blokes who never won a title would be right up there too..
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #33
perko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

No evidence in Oz to prove boxers make better soldiers than Fitters , Shearers , Clerks , Bank Johnnys , Taxi Drivers , etc .
perko is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #34
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by perko View Post
No evidence in Oz to prove boxers make better soldiers than Fitters , Shearers , Clerks , Bank Johnnys , Taxi Drivers , etc .

well, fighter do actually make the decision to fight. so in their heart they are fighters and learn strategy etc. they prove their courage in their willingness to do hand to hand combat, that many times has resulted in serious injry or even death.

ive no doubt people from other jobs could become good soldiers. but you are arguing an off the cuff remark from an opinion expressed by one man.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #35
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote=perko;14266364]No evidence in Oz to prove boxers make better soldiers than Fitters , Shearers , Clerks , Bank Johnnys , Taxi Drivers , etc .[/QUOTE
..if i had to choose between a fighter or a tired ****en fitter i know who i'd be pickin'
Old 11-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #36
perko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hey Darkhorse , having either Danny Green or a volunteer Fitter beside you on the Somme in 1917 would'nt make any ****in difference . Young Hans and Herman 400 yards away will **** Danny Green up the same as ''Joe Blow the Fitter '' the second they jump out of the trenches. What do you think Danny Green would'nt be anymore scared than the Fitter .
perko is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #37
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

..just a bad camparision mate..i've worked with hundreds of them and could count on one hand any you'd want to be in a trench with ya..so to speak..
Old 11-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #38
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by perko View Post
Young Hans and Herman 400 yards away will **** Danny Green up the same as ''Joe Blow the Fitter '' the second they jump out of the trenches. What do you think Danny Green would'nt be anymore scared than the Fitter .
never was the bravery of either side put in question. both sides 'went over the top', knowing the outcome, as few returned from the wave of 5 minutes ago. they knew it was suicide. they knew their only chance was to actually make it to the other trenches and beat the enemy. rarely did the tactic work.

the difference COULD have been; danny green on the phone to the english generals that were the english elite....."get ****ed, im not sending any more aussies over the top to die. **** you pommy cunts. come up with a different plan. im not murdering any more of my men because you are elitist bred pommy cunts".

green WOULD say that. he WOULD get shot for it and would know it. mundine would say it also. the aussie generals involved at the time did not. what was their jobs? probably career soldiers that learned to bend over and take it up the ass....from their 'betters', the english elite, that became leaders of the allies because of social status.

we had a chance to say **** you. find another way. instead, we covered ourselves in tragedy, blood and glory by running into maxim guns with our rifles UNLOADED!!!!

would green or mundine do that to a thousand aussies? every 5 minutes?

Last edited by swingin; 11-25-2012 at 03:02 PM.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #39
bulij
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
green doesnt or rarely fights tomato cans, doesnt mouth off, like; "im gunna be boxings bradman, dribble, dribble, dribble." mundine STARTED his career fighting real opponents, even opponents that had much more experience. he pulled many of em out of retirement to do it, but we forgave him because he had little ring time and had few ams experience. but he never stopped dribbling shit. the hate had already strated with some, because of his mouth. i actually still supported him right up to kessler. the dislike of mundine has little to do with jealousy. its his whole package that people dislike.

green fought his way up. he fought few tomato cans. the briggs incident was unfortunate but i believe his heart was in the right place. make your own mind upon that. i actually think there is more racism, or imagined racism where green is concerned. many percieve green fans as rednecks because they are white fellas. the jealously toward green could come from those that see his redneck fans as some sort of proof he is getting an easier ride, hence more money because he is white. i dont believe there is anything in that......but; you can see green in a slouch hat on a horse charging the turkish guns.....but its hard to conjour that vision of mundine.

importantly, there IS some much passion between fans of both green AND mundine themselves, it is quite possible it may be the superfight to end both their careers. that is how closely they have been tied to eachother in this era. so insepperadle and contrasting, that they may end their era and careers in the same ring.
The above statement is truly the biggest load of green huggerish sht ever spoken on these pages...maybe people could see mundine in full tribal gear fighting for his people's land,culture,freedom and pride in this country but who gives a ****....this is boxing
bulij is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #40
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulij View Post
The above statement is truly the biggest load of green huggerish sht ever spoken on these pages...maybe people could see mundine in full tribal gear fighting for his people's land,culture,freedom and pride in this country but who gives a ****....this is boxing
it was in the news areticle that started this thread. and YES, you CAN visualise mundine as a tribal warrior. neither statement is politically correct. but when did ESB aussie forum begin to worry about that shit?
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #41
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
I stopped reading after the trenches bit which was in the first paragragh.

Green made a career off the back of Mundine plan and simple...... good luck to him for that, but as an Aussie anglosaxon myself, he makes me cringe with his ocker persona every time i see him in the public eye

quote: "I just want to be an Aussie and get on the cans with my mates"

I won money on him getting a decision last Wednesday so i have a little bit of love for him at the moment, otherwise i would really say how i feel about him
This.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #42
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstar View Post
Do they have catchweight in the trenches?

Oh wait i know.

"Sir, Germany is frothing for war"

"let's wait till they're older and past their prime"
Do they have epiphanies in the trenches and surrender before facing the enemy?
Old 11-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #43
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
now you are gonna get hated, even though you are right and cameron chased the fight AT THE EXACT WEGHT FOR 3 YEARS.

some dickheads on this forum are jealous cowards, that will not, and can not, admit someone has succeeded where they know they will fail....

in 40 years who will remember decarlo, or demori........or the rest of the jealous crowd?
You post worse stuff about Mundine or mundog and I don't think your jealous of him. Why is everybody who criticizes Green jealous of him? Him and the IBO have made Australia a laughing stock. Sure they have done some good getting 2 high profile past their best fighters too Australia but the bad has far outweighed the good.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #44
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Fact is Camerons people were promised a fight with Danny yrs ago and Danny renegged, thats why Cameron went back up to HW, only to then be enticed back to Dannyweight with an offer he couldnt refuse. It had long been in the works since Cameron droped the weight and was all pre-arranged by Danny and his people. Cameron didnt just wake up one day and say to himself oh i want to fight Danny Green lol.. he was made an offer , thus he was PUT specificly on Greens undercards in order to build up the fight.

Cameron chasing Green for 3 yrs is just a fckwit talking out his ass who dont know any insider info. I spoke to people involved with Camerons camp and they tell a very diffrent story to the one that is being told atm.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 01:17 AM   #45
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Fact is Camerons people were promised a fight with Danny yrs ago and Danny renegged, thats why Cameron went back up to HW, only to then be enticed back to Dannyweight with an offer blah, blah, blah, blah, blah........
youre so full of shit it oooooozes from you.
swingin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum