Old 11-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #91
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Broner vs Burns PUBLIC POLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
It was a tongue in cheek post, I was trying to be sarcastically humourous against the haters saying Ricky was flawed & a champ cos he met you by accident & you knew how to keep him fit, subtly hinting at the end that you ALWAYS get Burns predictions spot-on but obviously my attempt at humour has backfired

Now how many times have I said here that you have done a fine job with Burns? LOADS. **** sake, I had to buy lypsyl a while back cos my lips had gotten so dry kissing your behind(theres a lot of it to kiss) on the work you have did with Ricky
It would have been nice Billy if you gave me the benefit of the doubt & asked what my post was all about instead of getting all high & mighty on me

But hey, Im a nice guy & im sorry if I inadvertedly offended you, your boxing highness Billy Nelson.

This plain & simple want to be but never will be clown Dunky who makes boxers cringe & is a little bit of a large one who never knew any better bows to your greatness, Sir Billy of Nelson

PS,

For someone who knows nothing about boxing, you sure as hell went a bit mental trying to justify yourself when you thought ole dunk was questioning your ability & credibility So you can relax now Billy, knowing that I respect your ability to train fighters after all
I wasnt looking for any form of praise but i appreciate your reply.thank you
billy nelson is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #92
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
stupidly difficult to hit,

Must be watching a different Broner to me
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #93
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special View Post
Broner is not an elite talent at all he has lost to a journeyman in Fernando Quintero and Daniel Ponce de Leon bullied him all night. Burns is of a much higher class than that that is for sure. I don't even think it will be a hard nights work for Burns

maybe not if Broner sparks him early doors
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #94
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
I wasnt looking for any form of praise but i appreciate your reply.thank you
I cant praise your work with Burns enough Billy, truth be told. Rickys a defining fight away from being arguably the greatest scottish fighter of all time IMHO. You turned Ricky from a kid with amazing natural boxing talent into the complete world class boxer-puncher that he is today.

nuff said.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #95
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
I cant praise your work with Burns enough Billy, truth be told. Rickys a defining fight away from being arguably the greatest scottish fighter of all time IMHO. You turned Ricky from a kid with amazing natural boxing talent into the complete world class boxer-puncher that he is today.

nuff said.
Arguably is right

i'd certainly argue against it
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #96
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Arguably is right

i'd certainly argue against it
But it would still be a fantastic win, right?
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #97
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothrop View Post
You Brits are so incredibly delusional when it comes to your fighters. Burns is a very good fighter, but Broner is in a league above him. No case to be made for Burns taking a win based on styles, either.
Mayweather,Pacquioa, Martinez, those are guys who are "a league above" Burns, not ****ing Broner
Old 11-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #98
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post

maybe not if Broner sparks him early doors
What makes you think Burns could be sparked early doors, bearing in mind Burns has never been TKO'd, ever, and he has fought some strong fighters

Ponce De Leon has been taken out in a round before, Broner didn't exactly destroy him did he? Be realistic
Old 11-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #99
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I don't doubt that, I appreciate that. Lots of people have doubted Ricky in fights, they saw him as a bit of a blind spot, no doubt about it he has improved and he hits harder. But just because people will say Broner beats Burns, doesn't mean they are doubting Ricky again.

People are just using their heads Bill when calling fights, people who predict fights don't get swayed either way when calling it. You look at both and then you analyze, if you predict leaning towards one fighter because you like the fighter, then prepare to come crashing down to earth. Just because you like one fighter, it doesn't mean they are going to win, people need to wake up and realize this. Plenty of fighters I like lose, and most of the time I call it correctly, even fighters I like, I have called them to lose fights if I think they are going to lose, its not about who you like, its about who you think wins. I like Ricky Burns, I don't think he is winning this Broner fight.

And if you predict fights on the back of your love for one of the fighters, you are gonna be made to look a fool after a while.

Craney, he is open to a long range jab, he has been outjabbed, he had been outworked, he has also improved a lot, but what is your obsession with hammering home the point that you think Broner beats Burns? To pick a fight with Billy? lol we get it, and it's a valid POV, but realise that Broner is not invincible
Old 11-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #100
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
But it would still be a fantastic win, right?
In my opinion it would BB my good man

After all, they were telling us on HBO that Max Kellerman was stating if Broner beat Demarco, he should be in the top 10 P4P list.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 05:55 AM   #101
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Beating de marco doesn't justify being in top 10 PFP imo
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #102
rossco666
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
No obsession at all, I maybe obsessed with the deluded fanboys he has, but not Ricky Burns. I don't mind Ricky Burns, as I've said nuff times. His fanboys are right up there with the worst out, and its mainly Scottish lads with a world champion to cling onto....and boy do they f*cking cling onto it.

Nothing wrong with support, but 90% of this is just downright blind support. I heard it all before with Ricky Hatton's fans, they don't think about fights like people who know shit about boxing. They just say every fight, "Oh he'll smash him, KO round 1" every single fight, this is not the case guys. Your being blinded by the love of your fighter.

I called the Broner-DeMarco fight spot on rossco, do you remember? I told you it would be easy work, Broner is an elite fighter, his skill set is extraordinary and I DONT LIKE BRONER. But credit where credit is due, even you and a few others said to me after my prediction, its not going to
be an easy fight, and De Marco is good, and that De Marco may even beat Broner, "Its not set in stone", "Its no gimme", "No forgone conclusion" etc etc etc

.....and now your saying Broner is being over hyped.

What a load of crap Rossco, you just can't take it, you don't want to take it.

I'm not gonna repeat myself on what Broner is good at, I've said it in other threads, but the biggest thing that stands out for me, is the crispness of his boxing and his posture, he can attack, yet have no fear of getting caught, he leaves no room for that, he covers up body and tucks his chin in brilliantly, De Marco couldn't land f*ck all.....neither will Richard Burns.

The KFC stuff is just for laughs, and it's not just me that has a joke, and I'm sure Billy has a laugh also, but he can be very nasty to people on here, and they ain't being nasty to him, they are just giving an opinion on Ricky Burns, and then about 5 minutes later, Billy is here raging and calling people *****s and what not, no f*cking need for it! At all.

I just hope the Broner-Burns fight happens sooner rather than later, so some of you lot can get a reality check and come crashing down to earth. Ricky Burns is good, don't get me wrong, but not that good.

Regardless of what Billy Nelson is telling you, that is simply born from his support of the fighter he trains, which is understandable and totally normal.....it doesn't mean it's gonna happen though.
Dont try and make out your some sort of boxing oracle because you predicted Broner vs Demarco correct.
I never predicted Demarco vs Broner craney, i sat on the fence and pointed out that because Broner is stepping up in class it COULD be a hard fight for him, even a defeat. Broner vs Demarco i viewed as a fight that would give me insight into how good Broner really is at that level. Broner looking impressive didnt surprise me at all, it was only 1 of many potential outcomes in my mind. Demarco has been smashed up before after all.
Broner impressed me alot in area's i never thaught he would tho, that being inside work, toughness and grit. I was actually quite surprised at how easy Broner was to hit at times but i think a bit of that was down to the fact Broner knows he has good whiskers and didnt respect Demarco's power so was willing to take a shot to dish it out. He looks a hardy little bastard!
Broners foot work is in my opinion quite shit, Burns has far better footwork. A technically sound intelligant boxer with a long fast jab, high work rate and the ability to fight at distance is the type of fighter to beat Broner, Ricky burns is all that and more. great chin, physical strengh, teak tough and a big heart is Ricky's other gifts that make him WORLD CLASS, plus his inside work is clever, very underrated. I know it might be a bit boring to watch and im no boxing expert but if i was Burns i would Ronald 'Winky' Wright that mouthy overhyped mutha ****a! Easier said thah done tho.

You keep banging on about the Ricky Burns fan boy's but where are they craney? Im a big Burns fan but defo no fan boy! appart from the odd trolling in the general ive never seen one Burns fan say ''smash him, ko round 1'' and actually mean it. your talking shit AGAIN! As a scot and a big Burns fan i have it 50/50 as of now.

As for you and your little tiff with Billy, i actually think its good to see a bit banter, thats all it should be tho. Keep it boxing. The worst ive read from Billy was things on the lines of ''you know nothing about boxing'' ''your an idiot'' etc. hardly real nasty or personal. Im sure Billy doesnt give a toss what you say but the sarky KFC shit imo is a personal insult on the man and bang out of order. Billy is in the limelight so its easy to get personal. With Ricky Burns Billy has always had the last laugh with the likes of you on here and long may that continue. If its the likes of you that drive them on in the gym then i suppose you should keep up the good work craney ma man.

Last edited by rossco666; 11-25-2012 at 02:58 PM.
rossco666 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #103
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

At the end of the day, your not reading all of what I have said rossco, just the first bit and then had a go as usual.

Please read all of what I said mate, at least have that basic respect, your making yourself look foolish, when you said, you said before the fight "Broner vs. De Marco was a toss up".....thats exactly what I said in the post you replied t!....But no, you cherry picked bits and bobs and then had a swipe.

I said, that people were saying to me, "it was no forgone conclusion", when I predicted a Broner easy work....which it was. But people before the fight, thought De Marco was gonna win!

Every time something happens, your trying to move the goalposts, I've never seen a bicycle move backwards so quickly!

Before the fight, for some, (not necessarily you, before you get your knickers in a twist) it was, "Broner is nothing special and De Marco will win, lar di dar" "Broner is not a good fighter" "Burns will school him when they fight" etc etc etc...all the usual.

But I told you, this fight was in at the deep end, De Marco is better than ANYONE Ricky Burns has fought at this weight, Broner didn't deserve the fight, because it was his first at the weight, I've said that a million and one times. Ricky Burns was more deserving of the shot! I agree!

But the fact is, this is Al Haymon, Sam Watson, of course Broner is gonna walk into fights like this. Open your eyes guys!

He got the fight, it was for the WBC, and he made a good fighter like De Marco, look average. De Marco would give Ricky Burns a tough fight!

And now the fanboys are coming out saying, "this doesn't put Broner in the top 10 and he is still crap."

GET OUTTA HERE! I've seen and heard this shit all before with Floyd Mayweather, whether you like it or not folks, one day, you will have to just accept it for what it is. Your always gonna doubt them, until they expose your boy!

I'm sure some of you lot just get worked up because your from Scotland, and this is your boy. You have something to cling onto. And so you should!

Scotland don't have many like this....and it's not like you can rely on your national team is it?
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #104
Lunny

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Beating de marco doesn't justify being in top 10 PFP imo
Truth, I'm a big Broner fan and have him around 16-17.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #105
pne buz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Time after time ive predicted Burns to lose and got it wrong.He is a massively improved fighter but i think Broner is the real deal and is a step too far for Burns.Hope im wrong.

PS with my prediction record of this fighter everyone down to the bookies and lump on Ricky.
pne buz is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum