Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-25-2012, 04:29 AM   #1
KasperLokz13
Aztec Warrior
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Andre Berto wishes he was Adrien Broner.. What a Phony

i think he sees the noteriety, popularity, and respect Broner has gotten lately. something he's never really had in his career.

from the jump, he tried to do the ****ing shoulder roll defense and failed miserably. broner is imitating floyd, but at least he's been doing it for a while and he started young. Berto seems to think he can do it out of nowhere. it goes to show that the shoulder roll defense is not as easy as it looks and it isn't for everyone. he also tried the little ****y smiling after he lands/dodges a punch similar to what Broner and floyd does. i also hated the excuses after the fight.

what a clown. get yourself an identity.
KasperLokz13 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 04:59 AM   #2
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Default Re: Andre Berto wishes he was Adrien Broner.. What a Phony

Give the dude some credit. Berto has never been in a boring fight. He's either going to KO his opponent or go down but not without putting up a fight. At this point I don't think anyone wants to be like Broner. It's a case of young guys looking up to Floyd (or J. Toney). Even Canelo used the philly shell/shoulder roll briefly. To a certain degree Richard Abril has it in his game. The shoulder roll does not work like magic but it's still a good example for any fighter as Kellerman has pointed out several times on HBO.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 05:06 AM   #3
KasperLokz13
Aztec Warrior
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
Give the dude some credit. Berto has never been in a boring fight. He's either going to KO his opponent or go down but not without putting up a fight. At this point I don't think anyone wants to be like Broner. It's a case of young guys looking up to Floyd (or J. Toney). Even Canelo used the philly shell/shoulder roll briefly. To a certain degree Richard Abril has it in his game. The shoulder roll does not work like magic but it's still a good example for any fighter as Kellerman has pointed out several times on HBO.
i honestly dont think he would have attempted to do the shoulder roll if he didn't see how much success Broner has had using it.
and that's my point, he wasn't being himself. if he would have been the explosive, no defense having berto that we all know he probably would have done better.
KasperLokz13 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #4
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasperLokz13 View Post
i think he sees the noteriety, popularity, and respect Broner has gotten lately. something he's never really had in his career.

from the jump, he tried to do the ****ing shoulder roll defense and failed miserably. broner is imitating floyd, but at least he's been doing it for a while and he started young. Berto seems to think he can do it out of nowhere. it goes to show that the shoulder roll defense is not as easy as it looks and it isn't for everyone. he also tried the little ****y smiling after he lands/dodges a punch similar to what Broner and floyd does. i also hated the excuses after the fight.

what a clown. get yourself an identity.
Pot kettle black

Berto wants to be Broner and Broner = Mayweather

In all honesty Berto and broner are both a bunch of cardboard cut out cunts...
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #5
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

Floyd has populerised the shoulder roll I even have to say James Toney was very good at it also but has never been popular.

I can't agree that he is copying Broner when he has been fighting longer than him, the likelihood is he is copying Floyd just like Canelo and Broner are!

Broner hasn't really achieved much other than copying Mayweathers blueprint of fighting and selling himself as a villain
Emeritus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum