Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #16
errsta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 181
Default Re: Thoughts about Richard Hatton's current state

He tried. Good for him (for that).

Hopefully he finds a sense of identity outside of fighting. On a human level, don't want to see him go to his dark place again.
errsta is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #17
Philphy Rich
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Lot's of talk about this interview...Someone post it up.
Philphy Rich is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 10:42 PM   #18
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

This is why I think he is better off fighting on, but against easier opponents. With his current mental state I think he's a danger to himself if he has too much time on his hands, so if he keeps himself active he'll have more time to come to terms with the fact his prime is gone and can win a couple of fights before considering what to do next- probably with a clearer perspective on things

The benefit now is we know where he is at, ability wise. Nobody really knew before this fight so it was more of a gamble. It's safe to say if he fights somebody a level or two below Senchenko he will most likely win
Squire is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #19
Chappy112
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3000

When I watched that documentary before the fight I really thought that he was in a dark place and he seemed to be trying to convince himself he could still do things. I was praying he won this fight because it could go really bad for him, worse than it already has been if he lost. Then when he lost and I saw him crying on his stool and then that interview, I really wouldn't be surprised if he ended it all.

It's obviously really hard for him to come to terms with being the peoples champion and unbeaten to losing fights. He see's himself as a failure even though no one thinks he is, like he says it's what is in his head. He said before the fight that if he lost he could hang up the gloves and know that the demons are put to rest because he tried, I'm not so sure, I think his demons could get worse but I pray that isn't the case.

He needs all the help he can get right now but he's reminding me of Gazza and it seems like all the help in the world can't help him.
Chappy112 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 04:55 AM   #20
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGZlpJKdCZQ[/ame]

Here it is
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 05:04 AM   #21
UniversalPart
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I am a big Hatton fan.

But I'm not a fan of the neurotic personality he has become.

He has a new baby daughter as fas as I know. He should concentrate on being a good father to her and his 10 year old boy, Campbell. They are the ones who need him the most in their life. Him wallowing in self pity isn't healthy for their futures either.

Come on Ricky lad, snap out of it son.

There's only ONNNEEEEEEE Rickyyyyyy Haaattttooooon!!!!!
UniversalPart is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 05:10 AM   #22
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

there's nothing wrong with him, he's just an attention seeker without the self-discipline to look after himself. He needs to shake the ridicuous ego, dry his eyes and get on with it.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 05:16 AM   #23
bowerboy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Swollocks View Post
there's nothing wrong with him, he's just an attention seeker without the self-discipline to look after himself. He needs to shake the ridicuous ego, dry his eyes and get on with it.
Absolutely agreed
bowerboy is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 06:00 AM   #24
Derrick_Rose
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Am i the only one who thinks that Hattons mental state could be the result of the brain damage he took in his career?
I recently read somewhere that blows to the head can cause depreession and change in personality etc.

But if he is just sad/mad because he lost a couple of fights it is just stupid. He made Millions of Dollars ata very young age, has a very loyal fan base and a good wife/kids etc. If thats a reason to commit suicide then we should a be dead. There are people who work 40 years in a ****ing factory 9 to 6 everyday and canīt afford a house or
canīt send their kids to college.
Derrick_Rose is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 06:36 AM   #25
bowerboy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick_Rose View Post

But if he is just sad/mad because he lost a couple of fights it is just stupid. He made Millions of Dollars ata very young age, has a very loyal fan base and a good wife/kids etc. If thats a reason to commit suicide then we should a be dead. There are people who work 40 years in a ****ing factory 9 to 6 everyday and canīt afford a house or
Precisely

Sadly those people are the ones that will defend Hattons silliness to the bitter end..forking up their money to see him fight..
bowerboy is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #26
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick_Rose View Post
Am i the only one who thinks that Hattons mental state could be the result of the brain damage he took in his career?
I recently read somewhere that blows to the head can cause depreession and change in personality etc.

Yes that is true.

Many celebs live above their means... once this slowly fizzles out it's hard for them to cope with 'normality'. By the looks of it his wife is an angel. She's not using him for money/fame etc. she really does love him. I just feel Ricky needs a reality check and move forward with his life.
Prince. is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum