boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #31
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253
Default Re: Everything Wrong With Andre Berto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genaro G View Post
How am i not surprised, you writing a ****in 5 paragraph essay on this.

****in bogo....

quality posts from a quality poster, rare species in this forum
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #32
Chappy112
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3000

His physique is all wrong for a boxer IMO. He's got too much muscle up top and I think that's why he has stamina issues, he focuses on the wrong conditioning, just my opinion of course.
Chappy112 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #33
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

vCash: 488

Quote:

****in bogo....
Bogo is probably one of the best posters on the general forum and could write a book on the fight and i'd still read it, you on the other hand are just another dime a dozen nobody with your bull**** 'his chin is china' anlaysis. How about in the future you just STFU the next time you get an urge to **** on posters who can actually offer an insightful technical breakdown of a fight.
Arcane is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #34
LancsTerrible
Different Forms of Game.
ESB Addict

vCash: 2238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Bogo is probably one of the best posters on the general forum and could write a book on the fight and i'd still read it, you on the other hand are just another dime a dozen nobody with your bull**** 'his chin is china' anlaysis. How about in the future you just STFU the next time you get an urge to **** on posters who can actually offer an insightful technical breakdown of a fight.
LancsTerrible is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #35
Chappy112
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Bogo is by far my favourite poster on here.
Chappy112 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #36
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat View Post
seriously think about it for a minute, it doesn't matter what style he uses, no one with that much speed, should ever be easy to hit.
I've thought about it, and it makes no sense.

Having the speed to land punches and having the reflexes, stylistic ability and mental focus to avoid shots yourself are two different things. One is a physical trait, the other is more a skill/focus based trait.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #37
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Put Berto in with Keith Thurman at 147.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #38
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:

****in bogo....
Don't know if that was just a light hearted jab, or if you were being serious, but if you honestly think that post was an essay, then I suggest you read or at least skimread a few actual essays.

Eastside already has a dearth of quality posters. If you don't have the interest or mental stamina to read through a post that's more than just a simplistic two line comment then either don't read the post, or put the user on your ignore list so you no longer have to be exposed to his more than 2-bit opinions.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #39
Collie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 21900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
When Berto came out in the first round using the shoulder roll I could not beleive it. He does not have the body for it or something it looked all wrong. Seemed like the wrong idea to use a different style of fighting all of a sudden like that.
Collie is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #40
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
Started out in the wrong stance, completely unprepared to roll and turn away from the southpaw overhand left.

I agree about the stamina issues, the man explodes and then gasps for air and waits to repeat. He had many opportunities to throw on the inside and seemed to only be able to throw in bursts, while Guerrero almost never stopped punching.

He needs to develop a rhythm and learn how to set punches up. His straight right hand was missing, and every time he went for it, it was only after leading with the jab. He has the advantage at range and should take advantage of it with variety, not pawing the **** out of Guerrero's lead hand and then lunging with a right hand he can easily anticipate.

I remember him looking impressive against Quintana despite the bicep injury, he needs to get back to the basics and work on his fundamentals. He has a lot of speed, power, grit, but he needs to understand he can't just bully everyone and expect them to fold when he lands a right uppercut.
A fighter like Berto is built for short burst explosiveness. Mentally and physically he has to put everything into his shots. He's like Jermain Taylor or Pascal or Haye. All those guys, I'd wager, would make good sprinters, but atrocious long distance runners. Guerrero on the other hand is built more for endurance, long and lean and able to mete his energy out over the course of a fight.

Establishing more of a rhythm to his work might improve Berto to a degree, but I think he'll always have the same problems. He also needs to realise that he's just not a good inside fighter and either work like mad on improving that area of his game, or work like mad to avoid getting on the inside in the first place. As it stands, he's too easily pushed back, too easily moved around, and not dirty enough or active enough to get the better of exchanges when he doesn't have full freedom of space to get his power shots off.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #41
benebox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

If you are a boxer with a weak chin surely you can come up with a better game plan than "if he wants to bang, we'll bang".
benebox is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #42
miniq
神風
East Side Guru

Ortiz and Berto

Both suck.

Top heavy hard hitting wannabe boxers. Berto does have some nice speed though...
miniq is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #43
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1231

I don't think Berto knew Guerrero was gonna get a pass for all those illegal tactics.
He was far too confident in the ref to keep it clean. He's climbed so high in the game, I think he half expected the ref to be in his pocket, and at the very least, neutral.
In the first rd, when Guerrero landed that sweet L hand, then Berto began to retreat, Guerrero was literally holding Berto's face in place while banging away at it. The KD in the second resulted under eerily similar circumstances, and Berto surely was thinking he was gonna get bailed out by the ref.

He's definitely got a feeling of entitlement in there. IDK if it's GBP fault, his corners, or just something built in, but he's gotta realize, that from the first minute of that fight, he was gonna be allowed to be fouled repeatedly. It's completely up to him and his corner to change their game when something like that is gonna occur.

It was obvious to me, that GBP was grooming this fight to be an eliminator for Roid. I couldnt tell if they're courting Berto for it or Guerrero, but Robbie sure got the best of an absentee ref last night.

Berto has to better prepare for being cash out like that.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #44
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

Rematches with Guerrero and Ortiz would be great.

At least he has some ready made matches!
irishny is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #45
brown-bomber
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Robert Guerrero CLEANING up the sport.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToQ0n3itoII[/ame]
brown-bomber is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum