Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #76
Peter__1987

vCash:
Default Re: Thoughts on Hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam249390 View Post
no way should hatton have been allowed any where near a ring
****ing hell mate, he wasn't THAT bad. he was competitive against a former world champion for 9 rounds not like he got ****ing blasted out in 30 seconds is it
Old 11-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #77
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
I have limited sympathy for the multi-millionaire Ricky Hatton. Yes, he may have problems and he may be suffering from depression, but so are millions of others.

He can afford the best counselling, he can move away from Manchester and start a new life, he can get involved in making others' lives better rather than focusing solely on his own misery.

To say that Dempsey was being unfair somehow is missing the point. Ricky made a good stack of money from this comeback. If he'd pulled out a points win we wouldn't have heard any of this depression spiel. If you choose to live in the spotlight, you need to be comfortable with its glare.
I agree.
Life is tough for all of us.
Hatton's is a much better position that most to pick himself up and find new opportunities.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #78
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
I thought it was hilarious. Especially watching it live round a mates house (did I **** pay towards that shit card) who was your typical stereotype Hatton nuthugger. The look on his face when Hatton got banjoed again was priceless. I don't think I've ever seen a man get so upset with what happened to some prick on the telly who he didn't even personally know.

Yeah, that is a bit weird.
It's not like Hatton losing was any great surprise either.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #79
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
I have limited sympathy for the multi-millionaire Ricky Hatton. Yes, he may have problems and he may be suffering from depression, but so are millions of others.

He can afford the best counselling, he can move away from Manchester and start a new life, he can get involved in making others' lives better rather than focusing solely on his own misery.

To say that Dempsey was being unfair somehow is missing the point. Ricky made a good stack of money from this comeback. If he'd pulled out a points win we wouldn't have heard any of this depression spiel. If you choose to live in the spotlight, you need to be comfortable with its glare.
Yeah i think he needs to man the **** up and have a nice life with his millions.. How many people would want to be in his position he is a promotor/ trainer to keep him busy now..
Happy days..
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #80
bruthead
REAL TALK
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
I am very sad, and very upset for Ricky Hatton, this has ruined by mood and night slightly.

I could see from the start, that Hatton's timing, speed and co-ordination was way off. Thats what years of eating shit and boozing does to you, Ricky Hatton in general has aged beyond his years compared to other athletes/boxers who have lived disciplined lives, when it comes to nutrition and lifestyle.

Very sad for Ricky Hatton because i could see how much this meant to him, and no loss, no loss in sport is more emotionally hard, than a boxing loss! Very emotionally saddening, and disturbing.

I honestly will probably not post for awhile now, i am really upset.

Even though most people would think i would be more upset for David Haye or Audley Harrison..? You are wrong.

I worry for Ricky Hatton's general mental health, and the affect this loss will have on his life.

Fighters like David Haye & Audley Harrison, in general just love life and can cope in general life and move on from a loss.

Ricky Hatton seems to be unable to move on from a loss.
Great post, PK.

Wish Ricky all the best...

What else is there to say?
bruthead is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #81
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

and not to forget the real PRIMARY reason he fought last night....to give the flagging hatton promotions a boost.
other reasons he had are well and genuine but thats what got him to come back first and foremost.

greed may well be his undoing in life i think..maybe i'm wrong...but what will his next stunt be if hatton promotions starts going tits up again....he could lose the fortune he made very easily in the part of the boxing game that he wants to be in now...he is aiming to be britains de la hoya.

..and he is a very very rich man, now...he can sit back in comfort knowing he got to the top of his sport....a world champion......bet he'd have taken that the day he turned pro.....but its human nature to always want more
doug.ie is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #82
bruthead
REAL TALK
ESB Senior Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md7a9ZH1Z0M[/ame]
bruthead is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #83
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I've changed my perspective somewhat with regards to his choice of opponent. I think it was an ok choice reason I say that is because Senchenko isn't a destructive puncher albeit a solid one with a good jab but doesn't really have the power to take Ricky out cold (though it was a good body shot)

I think if he went for a string of soft touch opponents and he looked good beating them his ego would have likely gone into over drive and he would have been talking about big fights against dangerous fighters who could really hurt him. It was clear he started talking about world titles in his post fight interview. It's a blessing in disguise that Senchenko took him out the way he did. I would not like him to have been pole axed again, especially at 147 by a hard punching welterwight.

Can just imagine him taking out a bum or two and everyone would have been building him up again for a really big fall. This was the best thing to have happened to Ricky in my opinion.
rainmaker is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #84
Candyman

vCash: 500

hatton was the least professional boxer of all time

imagine if he had hired floyd mayweather to train him for the past 3 years instead of eating pies and twinkies
Candyman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum