Guerrero 25 35.71%
Bradley 45 64.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #16
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918
Default Re: Guerrero V Bradley at WW. Who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
both have great chins so it all comes down to boxing ability over 12 rounds. i have guerrero putting on a fairly easy win however due to the style matchup

9-3 UD guerrero
You really don't know what you are talking about. Guerrero isn't a great boxer and isn't really an adabptable fighter.

Bradley is an elite boxer
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #17
Jai C
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I got Bradley winning a decision.
Jai C is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #18
betabong
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Bradley gets this one, UD. I don't think the smothering tactics will work against the style of Timmy. Guerrerro can not outwork Bradley. Both have great chins.
betabong is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #19
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
This will be an interesting chess match. I really can't call it.

Vote.
but you called berto easily over gurrero and bradley is easily much better than the hyped berto.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #20
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

Bradley has too many wrinkles, and unlike Berto, is in shape to fight 12 hard rounds. It will be competitive though. Bradley 9-3 on better defense and cleaner work.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #21
Dedication
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Good fight as both are quite even in quality.

I could see it going either way.

Both have great hearts and chins having taken vicious shots in their last fights and perservering right through to the end.

Could be a classic come to think of it. Bradley won't allow Guerrero to maul him against the ropes like that. Both are solid inside fighters.

It's just a case of who can work the hardest. I must say Bradley has shown that he can box better, I can see him giving Guerrero a lot to think about with his rapier like jab.
On the contrary, Bradley is akin to throwing wide, looping shots something k can see a good accurate boxer like Guerrero taken advantage.

Interesting match up on paper and reality.

After saying all that it's a shame Top Rank and Golden Boy won't come together to make it.
Dedication is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #22
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
but you called berto easily over gurrero and bradley is easily much better than the hyped berto.
And I was wrong. Guerrero beat the shit out of berto. I can't bet against guerrero again so easily at WW unless he stepping in the ring with floyd.
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #23
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

I bet Robert would not use his head as a weapon vs Bradley
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #24
TheMoneyTeam1
Picking cherries
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 254

If that bout were to happen it should be named - Head 2 Head.
TheMoneyTeam1 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #25
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
In all fairness, although Guerrero performed very well last night, it was against Andre Berto. Let's not get carried away here.
Last night went about how I expected.

The reason Bradley-Guerrero is still intriguing is that Bradley still throws too many looping shots and Guerrero throws the quicker, straighter punches. Also, the Ghost is one fighter who won't let Timbo bully him on the inside and possesses the inside skills to keep it interesting. Bradley will land his fair share of punches, but does he hit hard enough to stop Guerrero from imposing his will? Will he be active enough to take most of the rounds?

Guerrero-Bradley is one of the best, most logical fights to be made out there right now. The winner would have a clear path to a superfight with Pac or Money.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #26
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Bradley can fight on the inside and handle his own outside to. Bradley by UD
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #27
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Ultimately, Guerrero outworks him to a decision win, 8-4ish.

Bradley hasn't fought a southpaw as comfortable fighting ugly inside while still being as good on the outside as Guerrero is. Let's not forget that, as comfortable as going to war is for Guerrero, he's actually more skilled on the outside when he controls range with his footwork and accuracy. He'll be doing so with a size and reach advantage, after having had a couple of grueling fights against full-fledged welterweights to adjust to the weight.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #28
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock0052 View Post
Ultimately, Guerrero outworks him to a decision win, 8-4ish.

Bradley hasn't fought a southpaw as comfortable fighting ugly inside while still being as good on the outside as Guerrero is. Let's not forget that, as comfortable as going to war is for Guerrero, he's actually more skilled on the outside when he controls range with his footwork and accuracy. He'll be doing so with a size and reach advantage, after having had a couple of grueling fights against full-fledged welterweights to adjust to the weight.
Guerrero can't control range because he doesn't have the footwork. C level Aydin was forcing him to wear himself out throwing punches to keep him off.

When Guerrero fights inside, he isn't a southpaw anymore. Being left handed is only advantage when they aren't used to the left hand coming from that angle. There is no difference between conventional or southpaw at close quarters.

Guerrero hasn't been in with a guy as versatile as Bradley. Bradley has the better jab, defense, and stamina.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #29
rodney
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Bradley has only ever lost once and that was to pacman. As it is I'd have to favour timbo.
Sorry. But he beat PAC.
rodney is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #30
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawJab View Post
Guerrero can't control range because he doesn't have the footwork. C level Aydin was forcing him to wear himself out throwing punches to keep him off.

When Guerrero fights inside, he isn't a southpaw anymore. Being left handed is only advantage when they aren't used to the left hand coming from that angle. There is no difference between conventional or southpaw at close quarters.

Guerrero hasn't been in with a guy as versatile as Bradley. Bradley has the better jab, defense, and stamina.
Bradley's a more measured fighter than Aydin- I don't see Tim utilizing the Rocky Balboa-esque gameplan of eating punishment to get to the inside like Aydin did. And the straight left is going to get there if he tries it.

Bradley's going to have to bring more than a jab to the table to discourage Guerrero, and I believe he'll get massively frustrated going against a guy who's willing to give him more than a taste of his own medicine on the inside quarters.

I'm not saying this to dis Bradley, whose abilities I respect. Where Bradley does have a distinct advantage is that he's a more disciplined fighter. Guerrero can be too quick to abandon a gameplan and slug it out, where as Bradley has shown the composure to stick to the script. He also does have a conditioning edge.

The bigger issue is that even if Bradley executes, Guerrero can beat him at his own game. Tim doesn't pack the punch that Aydin and Berto did, and neither could discourage Guerrero. How's he going to outscore a more active, skilled fighter that he can't knock out?
Rock0052 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum