Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #16
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: alex leapai. the southern hemespheres first heavyweight world champ.

one thing i notice in the fight with demori, is alex displays better head movement than he does in recent fights. perhaps something he should bring back to his game......? perhaps not move so far, just a 'slip' not so much upper body movement..

hes using the head\body movement to weight shift to select punches. that fine, but it doesnt have to be so 'exagerated'. smaller movement will still shift weight, and reduce energy output.

alex got hit clean early but didnt blink. he took some wicked uppercuts and didnt blink. great chin alex. no problems.

Last edited by swingin; 11-25-2012 at 06:32 PM.
swingin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #17
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044
Default Re: alex leapai. the southern hemespheres first heavyweight world champ.

Alex seems like a good bloke, but he'll never be a genuine world champ, not even close IMO.
The Klits would have him gone within 2 rounds, to big, to strong. Alex would have no strength advantage against either Klit, and their skill levels is light years apart.

Any genuine top 10 HW would also have him gone within 6 rounds.

Alex can be proud to be our top HW for the moment, but that's as far as he'll ever go.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #18
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Alex seems like a good bloke, but he'll never be a genuine world champ, not even close IMO.
The Klits would have him gone within 2 rounds, to big, to strong. Alex would have no strength advantage against either Klit, and their skill levels is light years apart.

Any genuine top 10 HW would also have him gone within 6 rounds.

Alex can be proud to be our top HW for the moment, but that's as far as he'll ever go.

thats what don king thought when they matched maselino masoe with evans ashira....

one bomb on vlads bad chin and its world title time.....

anyone that doesnt admit alex has a punchers chance against vlad has no idea of boxing.

swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #19
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
one bomb on vlads bad chin and its world title time.....

anyone that doesnt admit alex has a punchers chance against vlad has no idea of boxing.
I could say the same about your opinion, but I won't because I know you're a hugger.

Wlad and Vitali are several levels above Alex, they've proven that by demolishing boxers that are considerably better than Alex.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #20
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I could say the same about your opinion, but I won't because I know you're a hugger.

Wlad and Vitali are several levels above Alex, they've proven that by demolishing boxers that are considerably better than Alex.
we will see.....

a hugger is not someone who knows someone personally and supports them.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #21
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
we will see.....
Ahahaha he has zero chance against either Klitchko he would be done in 2 or 3 rounds, even Povetkin & Adamak stop him inside 6
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 07:17 PM   #22
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteProwler View Post
Ahahaha he has zero chance against either Klitchko he would be done in 2 or 3 rounds, even Povetkin & Adamak stop him inside 6
and you know this because......
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #23
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

The nuthugging is starting to border on the ridiculous

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #24
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeave View Post
The nuthugging is starting to border on the ridiculous

yeah, you blokes that leach onto 'an gelodic arlos' nuts are outrageous...
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #25
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
we will see.....

a hugger is not someone who knows someone personally and supports them.
True, that's an extreme hugger.

I admire someone who strongly supports a fighter they know personally, but you still need some perspective.

I know Joel Brunker personally, not real well, but I've bumped into him more than a handful of times, we've all seen him fight plenty, and most of us know his current level.
I personally feel he won't beat the best in his weight class, perhaps just beyond the top 10 or thereabouts, but not the top 10. He has some very good attributes, mainly his stamina and chin, but I feel he's a bit robotic and one dimensional for the best guys.

I say this with the utmost respect for him, as I like the bloke.

Perspective Sally.

Last edited by Sox; 11-25-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #26
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
True, that's an extreme hugger.

I admire someone who strongly supports a fighter they know personally, but you still need some perspective.

I know Joel Brunker personally, not real well, but I've bumped into him more than a handful of times, we've all seen him fight plenty, and most of us know his current level.
I personally feel he won't beat the best in his weight class, perhaps just beyond the top 10 or thereabouts, but not the top 10. He has some very good attributes, mainly his stamina and chin, but I feel he's a bit robotic and one dimensional for the best guys.

I say this with the utmost respect for him, as I like the bloke.

Perspective Sally.
vision and immagination sox. 'nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come.' you just have to visualise, and believe.

alex is capable of hitting vlad on the chin. all he needs is his shot.

a shot like this against the same height guy....same ending. i dont care what his name is. no man is going to handle this sort of shot..
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvMvR9W9BFw[/ame]
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #27
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
vision and immagination sox. 'nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come.' you just have to visualise, and believe.
I'll believe it, if and when I see something from Alex to support it, so far I haven't.
Quote:
alex is capable of hitting vlad on the chin. all he needs is his shot.
No, I can't agree.
Maybe when Wlad is 50, maybe.
Quote:
a shot like this against the same height guy....same ending. i dont care what his name is. no man is going to handle this sort of shot..
True, no one will take that shot, but then I don't see even a top 50 HW stand in front of Alex to be hit like that either. Let alone Wlad.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #28
The Spider

vCash:

The Klitschkos have a handy habit of not letting stocky, big punching heavyweights get close enough to hit them. I have no doubt if Alex Leapai caught either Klitschko completely unprotected and unaware he could hurt them. I just don't see either of them giving him that chance.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #29
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
The Klitschkos have a handy habit of not letting stocky, big punching heavyweights get close enough to hit them. I have no doubt if Alex Leapai caught either Klitschko completely unprotected and unaware he could hurt them. I just don't see either of them giving him that chance.
alex has mugged every world class fighter he has fought. he had no problems getting close to any of them. his last fight was 2 seconds from a win, so effectively did he get close to ol mate.

alex throws unusual punches. from under and over. he also hooks. he doesnt throw a lot of straight punches which puts most boxers rythum off. if youve boxed, you understand that you react to what is thrown or how your opponent is moving. you both understand what is coming and you dont even think of how to react or defend.

when you get a guy like alex, throwing bombs from under and over the top bowlo punches, its unusual, and confuses fighters enough to cover up and let alex get close. alex will get close to the klits where most fighters wouldnt. its his point of difference that makes him so dangerous and special. he also has the power to back his unusual assult style.

the klits will have seen nothing like him before. they would have seen hookers, and big right hands, and the occaisional uppercut. but they have never seen anything like the unusual combinations alex throws. if they duck it could be into an uppercut bomb. if they retreat it could be into an overhead bowlo punch.

alex only needs to land one to unleash a barrage of dangerous bombs. as ive said, his unusual style guarantees he will get in close. who yet has kept him at bay? they have all eaten his leather because of his unusual, effective style and power.

john ruiz was never looking like becoming a world champ. he kept getting beat when he stepped up. he had his knockers. but what happened. he learned by his losses and eventually won the title. alex is like john ruiz. he's learning and improving with each fight. he is stepping up in class at each outing. he takes his losses with his wins. but keeps stepping up.

he has confused all his opponents. the klits will be no different. alex will get to them. they cant run forever. remember, if you want to hit your opponent, you have to be close enough to do so. so the klits will have to stop and trade at some point. thats when the fun begins.

one bomb. one exchange. he's a punchers chance every day of the week. to say the klits could go through a fight with alex without getting hit at least once is bullshit. every fighter gets hit. its just that when alex hits you, its from unusual angles, and there is going to be more than one punch coming from an unusual angle.

the two most underused and explosive punches that can be thrown are uppercuts and bowlos, as there is little muscle holding the head down, as gravity provides that. so when a big shot comes from underneath, its devestating.

the overhead 'bowlo' punch is a skull punch. it puts massive preasure on the joint of the skull, and on the spine. it sloshes the brain like a washing maching. alex throws both punches constantly. no fighter ive ever seen does that. he also does it with massive power. its been quoted he "is the biggest puncher in boxing since tyson'.

a few more fights. a bit more fitness, then put him in with vlad. while it lasts it will be awesome. either way, you KNOW the fans are going to get their moneys worth...
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #30
The Spider

vCash:

I'd like nothing more than to see Alex Leapai bomb a Klitschko outa there with a bolo punch or that big uppercut of his. But the most likely outcome is either Klitschko would just jab Alex's head off round after round.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum