Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 11-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #76
davidwatts
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Isn't it funny how most UFC fans don't like boxing, yet want to see more stand up

i forgot that its absolutely impossible for a person to like both sports, and that they have to choose one or the other.

i would believe that most mma/ufc fans like boxing, i'd be amazed if that isn't the case, tbh.
i love a good boxing match and have done for the last 40 years or so.

i've never compared the two because THEY ARE DIFFERENT SPORTS!!!

the boxing fans who use their time to go on and on about how they hate mma and how useless it is as opposed to boxing, are frightened.
it's because of their narrow-mindedness that they view mma as a threat.
they believe mma is taking away boxing fans. [remember, if you like both, you'll spontaneously combust, or shit yourself.]

mma will never be more popular than boxing, lets face it.
mma will never be an olympic sport either.
mma will never be able to pay their fighters the obscene amounts that some boxers get.
mma has less appeal to the general public, it will always be seen as 'cage-fighting' by some people.[and it doesn't have to.]
however mma will always have a good sized core base, and will continue to do quite nicely.

'who is your favourite, mccartney or lennon?'
ridiculous, just like that.
davidwatts is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #77
The Spider

vCash:
Default Re: Isn't it funny how most UFC fans don't like boxing, yet want to see more stand up

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwatts View Post
i forgot that its absolutely impossible for a person to like both sports, and that they have to choose one or the other.
Full points for your sarcasm
Old 11-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #78
Toker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwatts View Post

i would believe that most mma/ufc fans like boxing, i'd be amazed if that isn't the case, tbh.
i love a good boxing match and have done for the last 40 years or so.

i've never compared the two because THEY ARE DIFFERENT SPORTS!!!

the boxing fans who use their time to go on and on about how they hate mma and how useless it is as opposed to boxing, are frightened.
it's because of their narrow-mindedness that they view mma as a threat.
they believe mma is taking away boxing fans. [remember, if you like both, you'll spontaneously combust, or shit yourself.]

mma will never be more popular than boxing, lets face it.
mma will never be an olympic sport either.
mma will never be able to pay their fighters the obscene amounts that some boxers get.
mma has less appeal to the general public, it will always be seen as 'cage-fighting' by some people.[and it doesn't have to.]
however mma will always have a good sized core base, and will continue to do quite nicely.

'who is your favourite, mccartney or lennon?'
ridiculous, just like that.
I REALLY hate the beatles, still to this day don't know why they are so effing popular???
Toker is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #79
brixtonbeat
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

****, these threads still get made?
brixtonbeat is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #80
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brixtonbeat View Post
....and there's no end in sight
Old 11-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #81
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
They want to see more stand up in UFC because wrestling on the ground for a UD is boring. If they want to see more stand up, why don't they turn to boxing?
they are turning to more boxing,

it will happen more and more, so many people are still so confused how well boxing as a REAL combat sport holds up against other combat sports. Boxing was NEVER created to hold up well against other combat sports. Boxing evolved as a sport whereby one if down was off limits but if up was in limits, the BEST way to take somebodys head off if STANDING is to train boxing. Alot of deadly grabblers are only going to get better by training boxing, boxing is also great for the overall fight reflexes as your ONE second away from potentially being TKOed repeatedly,,,,

if you only train boxing and dont know the ground game then if you come up against a experienced fighter you will get your ass shattered

that is no discredit to boxing, thats reality, the point is boxing and boxing training is making mma fighters everywhere FAR better overall without doubt, wasnt but a decade or a few ago when so many boxers got their asses whooped that a IMBALANCE of negative perceptions kept building towards boxing in general. The entire misperception was ridiculas in the first place, boxing had been built on over a century of NOT TRAINING to be takin off your FEET whereas street fighting etc was created from dudes that would go for a take down at first sense they were overmatched on STANDING and trading. The misperception was so complete that grapplers like Mark Coleman often destroyed their opponents via throwing punches on the ground. Punches that boxing would only make better. Punches that in his grappling background were not allowed, not trained for and thus never used.

Match the two best grapplers in the world together and during the fight more often than not if punching/striking is not allowed a time will come whereby IF one could use a STRIKE "they would" , at everyone of these times if one could use a strike and had trained to throw it, its going to be that much more effective.
latineg is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #82
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toker View Post
I REALLY hate the beatles, still to this day don't know why they are so effing popular???
totally agreed, right from the very start i hated them

that dude had a freaking excellent post going right up until the end when he uses the beatles and blows some damned good typing
latineg is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #83
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Many MMA fans began as boxing fans who are now totally and completely disillusioned with boxing's corruption, top fighters avoiding each other, insane amounts of belts and weight divisions, etc etc etc.

I know that I started as a boxing fan and switched to MMA because the state of boxing is totally ****ed. I like combat sports in general, and the reality is that at this moment and for the forseeable future, MMA is where the action is. Simple as that.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 06:27 AM   #84
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brixtonbeat View Post
Seems like we get a thread like this at least once a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Many MMA fans began as boxing fans who are now totally and completely disillusioned with boxing's corruption, top fighters avoiding each other, insane amounts of belts and weight divisions, etc etc etc.

I know that I started as a boxing fan and switched to MMA because the state of boxing is totally ****ed. I like combat sports in general, and the reality is that at this moment and for the forseeable future, MMA is where the action is. Simple as that.

In the combat sports world there's a strong argument to say the Muay Thai scene is where the honest consistent action is and always has been.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #85
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
In the combat sports world there's a strong argument to say the Muay Thai scene is where the honest consistent action is and always has been.
Great.

Too bad I can't watch a second of it on my TV.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:55 AM   #86
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Great.

Too bad I can't watch a second of it on my TV.

That's a fair point. I didn't think of it like that as when I'm in the west I use my computer to stream most things including boxing.

It's pretty easy these days to keep up with the main MT scene as its all on TV in Thailand. The stations all have legal live streams for those outside Thailand. Most of the rest of the big international cards held outside Thailand are available to stream to.

The word "action" to MT fans doesn't mean financial success it means what it should, a large healthy competitive exciting fight scene.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #87
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
That's a fair point. I didn't think of it like that as when I'm in the west I use my computer to stream most things including boxing.

It's pretty easy these days to keep up with the main MT scene as its all on TV in Thailand. The stations all have legal live streams for those outside Thailand. Most of the rest of the big international cards held outside Thailand are available to stream to.

The word "action" to MT fans doesn't mean financial success it means what it should, a large healthy competitive exciting fight scene.

Unfortunately there's not the international presence. Boxing and MMA are on my TV, MT is not.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #88
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:

Unfortunately there's not the international presence. Boxing and MMA are on my TV, MT is not.

That's right Thais are a victim of their own success. It's the Thais total dominance of the of sport, a lack of international fighters that can compete anywhere near the top level as well as Thai disinterest with what happens outside Thailand that combine to keep it of western screens.

If the very unlikely scenario that any of the above situations change anytime soon the west may just get lucky enough to get access to highly competitive, expertly matched top level striking by true masters with bags of experience.

We can dream.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #89
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Seems like we get a thread like this at least once a week.
They pop up quite often but lets be honest there comes a thread like these once a month at most
greathamza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum