Old 11-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #32
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Quigg is a level above Frampton

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuinty View Post
Frampton's called him out every chance he get's and Quigg just turn's a bright pink and stutter's.
noticed this last night when he was asked about a fight with frampton.

He got all embarrassed and started stuttering, went all red and started going on about it being his night.

Quigg looks decent and the body shots were nice. I just think frampton could well be the tougher of the two and see him stopping quigg.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #33
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Ages ago when both were prospects that had fought nobody of any substance I thought Quigg.

But as they've matured, I say Frampton has to be edged. He's just a little more varied. He boxed well against Hirales who would give Quigg a real tough night in my opinion. Yet he showed he can seek and destroy and has power when needed, see Molitor. I also think he's that bit better defensively, as well as Quigg picked off Munroe's predictable forays with a good guard and parrying I think you have to consider something I said before this fight...Munroe is not a great offensive fighter by any means. He doesn't punch with any authority, has no snap, most of his shots are looping mediocre speed punches that are very easy to see, words apart from Frampton, see his leaky defense vs Arthur.

I also have this sneaky feeling Frampton takes a shot better, I think he takes Quigg's best shot, I have a nagging doubt Quigg can't take Frampton's.

Also, styles. Quigg's a lovely boxer when he isn't going in there macho, but Frampton is a little more advanced in his thinking. He's not an orthodox fighter in many ways, I prefer these types of fighters when they have substance up against a completely text book guy.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #34
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Ages ago when both were prospects that had fought nobody of any substance I thought Quigg.

But as they've matured, I say Frampton has to be edged. He's just a little more varied. He boxed well against Hirales who would give Quigg a real tough night in my opinion. Yet he showed he can seek and destroy and has power when needed, see Molitor. I also think he's that bit better defensively, as well as Quigg picked off Munroe's predictable forays with a good guard and parrying I think you have to consider something I said before this fight...Munroe is not a great offensive fighter by any means. He doesn't punch with any authority, has no snap, most of his shots are looping mediocre speed punches that are very easy to see, words apart from Frampton, see his leaky defense vs Arthur.

I also have this sneaky feeling Frampton takes a shot better, I think he takes Quigg's best shot, I have a nagging doubt Quigg can't take Frampton's.

Also, styles. Quigg's a lovely boxer when he isn't going in there macho, but Frampton is a little more advanced in his thinking. He's not an orthodox fighter in many ways, I prefer these types of fighters when they have substance up against a completely text book guy.

I think Quigg would fight quite similar to what we saw vs Munroe and make Frampton come to him. Frampton really struggled and looked horrible against Robbie Turley, who moved constantly. Quigg would employ moving tactics and then the sharp 1-2s would come in. On the other hand, Frampton could be a bit better defensively and be able to avoid Quiggs shots, even as he comes forward. He would have to show Quigg a lot of respect though. Quigg is actually quite good defensively as he covers up and pivots away quite quickly. He's hard to hit.

I see the fight playing out as a high stakes chess match. Lots of tough rounds to score.
lirva is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 11:45 PM   #35
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Quigg knows it would be a hard fight though and would rather avoid Frampton.
lirva is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 03:48 AM   #36
sharpy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I think quigg is just respectful of frampton rather than running his mouth like a fool. It's easy to say munroe isn't a puncher but neither is molitor, kris hughes, hirales etc. With these 2 boxers depending who you favour it's easy to pick holes in the opposing boxers opponents
sharpy is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #37
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Really good thread.

What it shows me is just how much the fight divides opinion.

This board will light up if this fight happens.

Genuine 50/50 for me, can't think of a better domestic match-up out there (Fury Price would be interesting though! )

A really hope this one happens though and they don't wait too long.
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 06:28 AM   #38
gandalf

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirva View Post
I think Quigg would fight quite similar to what we saw vs Munroe and make Frampton come to him. Frampton really struggled and looked horrible against Robbie Turley, who moved constantly. Quigg would employ moving tactics and then the sharp 1-2s would come in. On the other hand, Frampton could be a bit better defensively and be able to avoid Quiggs shots, even as he comes forward. He would have to show Quigg a lot of respect though. Quigg is actually quite good defensively as he covers up and pivots away quite quickly. He's hard to hit.

I see the fight playing out as a high stakes chess match. Lots of tough rounds to score.
Good point on the turley fight but I do think frampton was feeling the pressure that night with it being his sky debut and the expectancy from everyone from listening to mcguigan, I think now frampton would deal better with a mover. Quigg I thought looked really strong on Saturday. They def have power to hurt each other. My money would be on frampton though. Really hope it's gets made next year
gandalf is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #39
Dreamer

give jazza dickens a few more fights and he will be ready for quigg!!
Dreamer is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 07:04 AM   #40
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
TBH each time I see each one fight I favour them to beat the other when they meet!

I just think it is a real 50/50 fight; probably the best domestic match-up out there.
i do the same. I hope they keep them apart for a while longer and make a mega fight.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #41
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
Really good thread.

What it shows me is just how much the fight divides opinion.

This board will light up if this fight happens.

Genuine 50/50 for me, can't think of a better domestic match-up out there (Fury Price would be interesting though! )

A really hope this one happens though and they don't wait too long.
Fury vs Price would have the buzz but its never a 50-50. Price is lightyears ahead of him.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #42
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I hate that line of thinking Rob.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #43
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
Fury vs Price would have the buzz but its never a 50-50. Price is lightyears ahead of him.
How is he 'light years ahead of him'?!? Less fights, even more woeful opposition.

He hits harder I'll give you that.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #44
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

I was impressed by Quigg, he showed restraint & patience vs Monroe & when he did open up & let his hands go he looked dynamic & powerful.

Frampton has generally looked better vs his competition but its a tough fight to call. I'd slightly favour Frampton but its a competitive fight if (& its a big if) it happens.

Galahad will beat them both imo.
DrMo is online now  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #45
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
I was impressed by Quigg, he showed restraint & patience vs Monroe & when he did open up & let his hands go he looked dynamic & powerful.

Frampton has generally looked better vs his competition but its a tough fight to call. I'd slightly favour Frampton but its a competitive fight if (& its a big if) it happens.

Galahad will beat them both imo.
I have been very impressed with Kid Galahad and although he has more exposure being on terrestrial I hardly ever hear his name mentioned when the other two (and monroe) are spoken of.

Not sure why because I definitely think he is in the mix.

I would like to see him against Monroe perhaps that would give us a good idea.

His only real downside is power, but as Malignaggi has shown you don't necessarily need it to be a success in the modern game.
Michael300 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum