BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: BENDO v Diaz

Nick is tough as nails, will punch til the end and his jits is good but Bendo has a better striking arsenal and is vicious. His wrestling can make the difference.

My only concern for Bendo is sometimes I think he is not the better striker but doesn't go to plan B because he is a vicious fighter who wants to knock you out. If it goes to the ground, he can handle it but soemtimes needs to accept when the fight isn't going his way i.e. Pettis and Edgar and even Cerrone. If he is losing the boxing, will he be stubborn til the end and perhaps lose or will he take to the fight to an area he has a clear advantage - wrestling.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Nick is tough as nails, will punch til the end and his jits is good but Bendo has a better striking arsenal and is vicious. His wrestling can make the difference.

My only concern for Bendo is sometimes I think he is not the better striker but doesn't go to plan B because he is a vicious fighter who wants to knock you out. If it goes to the ground, he can handle it but soemtimes needs to accept when the fight isn't going his way i.e. Pettis and Edgar and even Cerrone. If he is losing the boxing, will he be stubborn til the end and perhaps lose or will he take to the fight to an area he has a clear advantage - wrestling.
That's something to think about, and I believe Ben Henderson has better cardio too. I have a feeling he makes a comeback in this one.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

I think Bendo might find himself in a choke that he can't get out of this time around. He gives up submissions all the time knowing that he has the ability to escape, but I think he will pay for it against Nate.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
blagovech
esbs #1 pedo
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

bendo ud...still rooting for nate tho
blagovech is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
I think Bendo might find himself in a choke that he can't get out of this time around. He gives up submissions all the time knowing that he has the ability to escape, but I think he will pay for it against Nate.
This. So hard to pick this one. Maybe Bendo tries to go all 'champ' on us and vies for control, Nate looks beastly at 155 though and is so active and dangerous on the ground. Bendo is unlikely to try and stay ultra-disciplined IMO, it's gonna' be a war.

Great fight.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #7
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Johnson Vs Schaub is a hilarious train wreck of a fight. I hope
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
concrete sledge
Lord of the quislings
ESB Full Member

Bendo.

Simply because Diaz is a piece of shit.
concrete sledge is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Diaz's boxing will befuddle Bendo and lead to a Diaz points win or late sub.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #10
benebox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I'm going to go with Bendo. I think he has learnt from the Pettis fight and will use his westling to win a close UD.
benebox is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Very true. He does have sick jits though and sometimes looks impossible to submit. However the Diazs and Shields continous training makes jits looks stupidly easy for them.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #12
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete sledge View Post
Bendo.

Simply because Diaz is a piece of shit.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #13
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

I think the number of rounds are going to hurt Henderson. I think he is strong enough to take at least 2 of the first 3 rounds, but I think Diaz will turn the fight around here. I think Diaz will start doing some serious damage with his punches around the 4th round, and really start breaking Henderson down. I look for Nate to find a way to finish Henderson due to strikes, or by setting up a submission based on Henderson's reactions to his strikes.

I think Henderson's only chance is to win the first 3 rounds, and squeak out a decision. I think he is going to be holding on for dear life if the fight goes to round 5.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #14
concrete sledge
Lord of the quislings
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
I think the number of rounds are going to hurt Henderson. I think he is strong enough to take at least 2 of the first 3 rounds, but I think Diaz will turn the fight around here. I think Diaz will start doing some serious damage with his punches around the 4th round, and really start breaking Henderson down. I look for Nate to find a way to finish Henderson due to strikes, or by setting up a submission based on Henderson's reactions to his strikes.

I think Henderson's only chance is to win the first 3 rounds, and squeak out a decision. I think he is going to be holding on for dear life if the fight goes to round 5.
You might be right. I'm not joking when I say, those bitch slaps from Diaz eventually add up. He is tough, but I'll be hoping he eats canvas.
concrete sledge is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #15
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Nate Diaz and Cesar Gracie worried about going to decision at UFC On Fox 5

By Chris Hall on Nov 27, 12:52a

Joe Camporeale-US PRESSWIRE
Just under 2 weeks out from his title fight, Nate Diaz talks about his concern if he goes to decision against Ben Henderson. His coach Cesar Gracie backs him up implying that the judges just don't like the Diaz boys.

On UFC On Fox 5 Nate Diaz is getting his first shot at UFC gold. Since returning to the Lightweight division in September 2011, Nate has been absolutely destroying his competition. He's on a three fight win streak in the division with finishes over Takanori Gomi and Jim Miller. The only person to make it to the judge's scorecards, Donald Cerrone, certainly wasn't happy with how the fight went.

With a resume like that, Diaz should be supremely confident heading into the title fight against Ben Henderson. However, he explained to Inside MMA that he is concerned about going to decision:

I don't think I've got a chance of winning any type of decision, so...I gotta go out there and do what I can do to try and finish my opponent; try to be the better fighter and try to win the fight. But, umm, either way - If it goes to decision, I'm gonna to be the one out-scoring, out-pointing. I'm gonna do what I can.

He's not the only one wary about going to the judges either. Inside MMA also spoke to his coach and manager Cesar Gracie:

Unofrtunately, pretty much it is. You know, it's almost like in Nick's case, he figures he's fighting his opponent and he's fighting the judges. So he's gotta finish people. These guys fight like that anyways. They're gonna fight their hearts out for the team, for themselves, and for the fans. So that's not gonna change. And, end of the day, I think that's what we all respect so much about these guys. So yeah, unfortunately, you know, you gotta get those finishes. Or maybe win something so lopsided we get the decision. We saw that with B.J. Penn. I've never seen a close decision where the nod was given to the Diaz's. If it's close they're gonna lose. I don't know why. I think maybe the judges really don't care for them that much.

To the credit of Cesar and Nate, the Diaz brothers have both seen controversial decisions go against them. In 2010, Nate lost what was supposed to be a title eliminator to Gray Maynard via split decision and Nick's first UFC run was filled with close fights. But the idea that the judges are somehow out to get them reeks of paranoia.

UFC On Fox 5 is coming up on December 8. Diaz and Henderson will face off in the main event at the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington.

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

288 COMMENTS
Nate is a different animal, he will do well. But, I don't think he will win over the distance. I'm glad this is backed by a STACKED card because I'm thinking about Pacman v Marquez more than anything.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum