Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #46
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: alex leapai. the southern hemespheres first heavyweight world champ.

Bob Fitzsimmons (claimed by some), Gerrie Coetzee, Francois Botha.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #47
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: alex leapai. the southern hemespheres first heavyweight world champ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
yes i knew about fisimons...but he wasnt fighting negros...didnt realise the other two. how legit were they?
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #48
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Corrie Sanders aswell.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #49
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
Why doesn't Leapai show us something extra. He has the punch to be legitimate at heavy. Lets see some youtube videos like de Mori, sans Boa, putting some punches together and destroying a heavy bag and talking about what a big swinging dick he is. Being the biggest, heaviest slugger on the block is no longer a selling point. Post some of his silky smooth boxing moooooves..........Give us something to build so hype around.
im pretty sure they have a promo vid. i think its only for 'structured' promo purposes and isnt available online yet...but ive seen the near finished product. looks the goods, very professional.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #50
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Corrie Sanders aswell.
Hard to recognise the lineage of the WBO to be honest.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #51
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Hard to recognise the lineage of the WBO to be honest.
You don't recognize beating Wlad Klitschko as world title worthy?
Old 11-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #52
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Lennox Lewis was champion at that point in time, I believe.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #53
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Lennox Lewis was champion at that point in time, I believe.
I don't remember the politics. Too long ago. But Wlad was the WBO titleholder at the time and Sanders KOed him.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #54
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Technically Botha wasn't world champ. Same as James Toney they both failed there post fight drug tests.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #55
'LIONHEART'
Leati
ESB Jr Member

Hey guys been a very long time since posting....but I can see everyone is well lol....Alex's next fight will be in China on the 21/12/12 not only his return but to get that confidence on his hand since his operation,he's in full flight learning new things with a new style of fighting & conditioning like their's no tomorrow.....the pass is the pass lessons were taken & learned from & we're back track.

I take my hat off to all fighters in all contact sports for stepping in the ring having a taste of it & I sure how take my hat off to my brother to be where he is today who did time @ Maximum prison & fought his biggest battle drugs & alcohol....to be where he is today 100% clean & sober & chasing a shot at the World Heavyweight title.

Next year will be a big year for team LIONHEART & will post up info when time comes but for now next months fight is priority no.1

My last post for a while,this is what you get when you have 3 kids & 1 on the way with the missus working nights .....so wishing you guys a early Merry X-Mas & a Happy New Year....stay safe during the holidays everyone & God Bless
'LIONHEART' is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #56
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'LIONHEART' View Post
Hey guys been a very long time since posting....but I can see everyone is well lol....Alex's next fight will be in China on the 21/12/12 not only his return but to get that confidence on his hand since his operation,he's in full flight learning new things with a new style of fighting & conditioning like their's no tomorrow.....the pass is the pass lessons were taken & learned from & we're back track.

I take my hat off to all fighters in all contact sports for stepping in the ring having a taste @ it & I sure how take my hat off to my brother to be where he is today who did time @ Maximum prison & fought his biggest battle drugs & alcohol....to be where he is today 100% clean & sober & chasing a shot at the World Heavyweight title.

Next year will be a big year for team LIONHEART & will post up info when time comes for now next months fight is priority no.1

My last post for a while,this is what you get when you have 3 kids & 1 on the way with the missus working nights .....so wishing you guys a early Merry X-Mas & a Happy New Year....stay safe during the holidays everyone
Welcome back

China is an interesting venue for Alex. Very interesting?
Old 11-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #57
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
I don't remember the politics. Too long ago. But Wlad was the WBO titleholder at the time and Sanders KOed him.
There wasn't much in the way of politics going on. Lewis was the world champion, recognised by all and sundry. Just like I don't recognise Francesco Damiani or Michael Bentt as the world champion. There's a pretty clear line of succession or lineage at Heavyweight.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #58
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Technically Botha wasn't world champ. Same as James Toney they both failed there post fight drug tests.
Good point. That'll teach me for going off the top of my head! Gerrie Coetzee it is then.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #59
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
There wasn't much in the way of politics going on. Lewis was the world champion, recognised by all and sundry. Just like I don't recognise Francesco Damiani or Michael Bentt as the world champion. There's a pretty clear line of succession or lineage at Heavyweight.
The purist in me only recognizes lineal champions. The less titles the better.

Yes Lennox Lewis had all the best belts at the time and was the lineal champion. But Wlad was the reigning WBO titlist when Sanders KOed him, and Sanders subsequently became the WBO champion.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #60
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
What about the duke isn't that who Micheal Bentt beat?
Crusher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum