Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 115412
Default Is anyone aware that Robert is Floyd's Mandatory?

Since Robert's dominance performance over Berto, i have noticed a lot of criticism on a potential Mayweather/Robert fight, whether if Robert deserves a shot at Floyd or not fails to bring up the fact that Robert is Floyd's WBC 147lbs Mandatory.

Rob became the number 1 contender after he beat the ranked 1 WBC WW Selcuk Aydin.

Because of Rob's struggle against Selcuk Aydin, the fight didn't get made but after beating the num2 WW in Berto, Rob clearly have a case and further secure his spot for Floyd's title. So to say that Rob didn't earn it or not good enough is completely false.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is anyone aware that Robert is Floyd's Mandatory?

yes and wbc has let floyd keep the belt without stripping him
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
yes and wbc has let floyd keep the belt without stripping him
WBC requires the champs to fight their mandatory once in a 18months period. It is a long freaking time for the guy to wait. Obviously, Floyd is still in the window but not that much longer bc WBC is threatening Floyd to strip him.

However Floyd also have a title at 154 and Cotto/Austin Trouth is right beneath him. If Austin Prevails than he is in line for Floyd's title there.

And of course Floyd can fight his WW counterparts in LMAO Paulie which is much worse than Robert or Pac that have issue with TR. Or Devon alex who stands less of a chance than Robert.

Floyd's option is not much here.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
Beezy
2 Eazzy
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Robert earned it... but to say Floyd should take it is a different story.. Floyd has a 154 belt (the WBA I think).. he can defend that against Alvarez, the winner of Cotto/ Trout, Martinez... or face Pacman... anyone else is honestly obsolete.. he wants big money fights... Guerrero ain't bigger money than none of thsoe guys right now....

If Floyd wanted to take on Bradley because Bradley has a "win" over Pac.. I would hate it.. but understand it.... but Guerrero should not get the fight against FLoyd.. He should get the fight for the 147 WBC BELT.. BUT NOT.. the fight vs FLoyd.. imo.... FLoyd apparently doesn't fight for belts.. so he should whoop Pac or Alvarez instead... I'm hoping PBF doesn;t take this fight.. I'd be pissed
Beezy is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
Beezy
2 Eazzy
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
WBC requires the champs to fight their mandatory once in a 18months period. It is a long freaking time for the guy to wait. Obviously, Floyd is still in the window but not that much longer bc WBC is threatening Floyd to strip him.

However Floyd also have a title at 154 and Cotto/Austin Trouth is right beneath him. If Austin Prevails than he is in line for Floyd's title there.

And of course Floyd can fight his WW counterparts in LMAO Paulie which is much worse than Robert or Pac that have issue with TR. Or Devon alex who stands less of a chance than Robert.

Floyd's option is not much here.
???? What??? He has Cotto/ Trout/ ALVAREZ/ Martinez or Pac... what are you talking about??
Beezy is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

Yes, everyone is aware. It was discussed in the lead-up to Guerrero vs. Berto, and his call-out and claim that he deserves it weren't just plucked out of thin air.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #7
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
???? What??? He has Cotto/ Trout/ ALVAREZ/ Martinez or Pac... what are you talking about??
Oh Guerrero doesn't deserve a shot at Floyd but Canelo does, what type of stupid shit have I been reading in these threads today

People just want to see lil Floyd fighting MW's
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191

Floyd's 147 belt should be made vacant.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Floyd is not going to fight Martinez. People can quit dreaming. I don't even think Floyd likes competing at 154 neither does Pac.

As for Pac, who knows what can be done about that.

Floyd doesn't have much options. THere is Canelo and GBP already expressed that they do not want Floyd to fight him yet. (probably due to making money reasons)
Old 11-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #10
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Robert earned it... but to say Floyd should take it is a different story.. Floyd has a 154 belt (the WBA I think).. he can defend that against Alvarez, the winner of Cotto/ Trout, Martinez... or face Pacman... anyone else is honestly obsolete.. he wants big money fights... Guerrero ain't bigger money than none of thsoe guys right now....

If Floyd wanted to take on Bradley because Bradley has a "win" over Pac.. I would hate it.. but understand it.... but Guerrero should not get the fight against FLoyd.. He should get the fight for the 147 WBC BELT.. BUT NOT.. the fight vs FLoyd.. imo.... FLoyd apparently doesn't fight for belts.. so he should whoop Pac or Alvarez instead... I'm hoping PBF doesn;t take this fight.. I'd be pissed

Bradley was being scoped out by Floyd for a while now. Top Rank is going to be tough to deal with. Bob just scarfice Pac to keep Bradley undefeated and people think they are willing to give Bradley, who stands absolutely no chance against Floyd?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #11
Beezy
2 Eazzy
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbigmike View Post
Oh Guerrero doesn't deserve a shot at Floyd but Canelo does, what type of stupid shit have I been reading in these threads today

People just want to see lil Floyd fighting MW's
Floyd is a JMW..... Canelo is a JMW... so is Cotto Trout and Martinez..... They ar enot fighting FLoyd at MIDDLEWEIGHT.. so what are you talking about.............

people barely gave Guerrero a chance against Berto... what do you think the odds will be in a fight vs the p4p number one fighter in the world Floyd Mayweather who only fights ONCE A YEAR?........ Do you really think Floyd should fight Guerrero next year if you had your choice of opponents for Floyd?...

Canelo might not deserve the fight agaisnt Floyd.. but honestly, neither does Guerrero.. yeah he's a mandatory.. but he brings no advantages to the fight outside of reach, he sales no where near the other fighters on that list (outside of Trout) and remember Money said he wants fights against big names who bring money to the table... i.e. Pac, Canleo, Cotto, Martinez, Khan, JMM.... Guerrero is the mandatory but no one really wants to see that fight... and FYI... I got Money beating Canelo, Cotto, Trout, and 50/ 50 with Martinez at 154.. so shut up with "people want to see FLoyd fight MW's..." the guy is a two time champ at 154..... idiot
Beezy is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #12
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 3583

How much longer does Floyd have to defend before they strip him of both his belts?
^Dont forget he is also sitting on a JMW belt.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #13
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Floyd is a JMW..... Canelo is a JMW... so is Cotto Trout and Martinez..... They ar enot fighting FLoyd at MIDDLEWEIGHT.. so what are you talking about.............

people barely gave Guerrero a chance against Berto... what do you think the odds will be in a fight vs the p4p number one fighter in the world Floyd Mayweather who only fights ONCE A YEAR?........ Do you really think Floyd should fight Guerrero next year if you had your choice of opponents for Floyd?...

Canelo might not deserve the fight agaisnt Floyd.. but honestly, neither does Guerrero.. yeah he's a mandatory.. but he brings no advantages to the fight outside of reach, he sales no where near the other fighters on that list (outside of Trout) and remember Money said he wants fights against big names who bring money to the table... i.e. Pac, Canleo, Cotto, Martinez, Khan, JMM.... Guerrero is the mandatory but no one really wants to see that fight... and FYI... I got Money beating Canelo, Cotto, Trout, and 50/ 50 with Martinez at 154.. so shut up with "people want to see FLoyd fight MW's..." the guy is a two time champ at 154..... idiot

Robert was a slight underdog. It was an easy pick for me to take Rob. I didn't expect him to give Berto a thrashing though.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
Beezy
2 Eazzy
ESB Addict

I understand where Guerrero is coming form ( I'm rooting for the guy).. but he should fight Bradley, or Khan, or Brook, or even Pac if he could.... if he wins another fight. then one could say, yeah he should fight Floyd... but during this month.. the fight doesn't really sound interesting...

But hey, maybe in January it will sound better.. this is boxing....
Beezy is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #15
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Yes, everyone is aware. It was discussed in the lead-up to Guerrero vs. Berto, and his call-out and claim that he deserves it weren't just plucked out of thin air.
@ IB

I know you follow the sport closely but i can't say about the others.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum