Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #16
Beezy
2 Eazzy
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Is anyone aware that Robert is Floyd's Mandatory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
Bradley was being scoped out by Floyd for a while now. Top Rank is going to be tough to deal with. Bob just scarfice Pac to keep Bradley undefeated and people think they are willing to give Bradley, who stands absolutely no chance against Floyd?
Yeah that's the problem I see... Papa Bob will block that fight just like he blocks everything..... I see him putting Bradley against Vargas or JMM or PAc in a rematch or even Rios... and keeping him away from Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatesrats View Post
How much longer does Floyd have to defend before they strip him of both his belts?
^Dont forget he is also sitting on a JMW belt.
Yeah I know.. but they make mad money from his sanctioning fees I think so they could break the rules... the WBA is crooked

Quote:
Robert was a slight underdog. It was an easy pick for me to take Rob. I didn't expect him to give Berto a thrashing though.
I picked Berto.. I wanted to pick Guerrero because of his better boxing skills.. but I honestly thought he would be too weak to compete.. I was super wrong.
Beezy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #17
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

when is the last time FLoyd fought a mandatory?
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #18
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 115412

[/quote] I picked Berto.. I wanted to pick Guerrero because of his better boxing skills.. but I honestly thought he would be too weak to compete.. I was super wrong.[/quote]

Yeah, I was pretty impressed with Rob last saturday and was against in seeing a fight with Floyd but now i think is good enough.

Rob was a massive LW and has been showing up to fight around 150lbs and his words fell on deaf ears about him being bigger than Floyd. I actually didn't think he would outmuscle Berto and was shocked to see that he even knock down Berto twice.
I have always thought that Robert is a good fighter though.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #19
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

I can't remember Floyd ever fighting a mandatory, especially not at 147. The only difference is this time his mandatory is Mexican-American and the belt is the WBC.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #20
Brian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I don't see this fight drawing much interest for Floyd to be interested. Canelo is the logical choice when looking at the dollar signs.
Brian is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #21
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Since Robert's dominance performance over Berto, i have noticed a lot of criticism on a potential Mayweather/Robert fight, whether if Robert deserves a shot at Floyd or not fails to bring up the fact that Robert is Floyd's WBC 147lbs Mandatory.

Rob became the number 1 contender after he beat the ranked 1 WBC WW Selcuk Aydin.

Because of Rob's struggle against Selcuk Aydin, the fight didn't get made but after beating the num2 WW in Berto, Rob clearly have a case and further secure his spot for Floyd's title. So to say that Rob didn't earn it or not good enough is completely false.
Are you aware that Mayweather stopped giving a damn about belts since 2007?
Scar is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #22
Beezy
2 Eazzy
ESB Addict

Quote:

Yeah, I was pretty impressed with Rob last saturday and was against in seeing a fight with Floyd but now i think is good enough.

Rob was a massive LW and has been showing up to fight around 150lbs and his words fell on deaf ears about him being bigger than Floyd. I actually didn't think he would outmuscle Berto and was shocked to see that he even knock down Berto twice.
I have always thought that Robert is a good fighter though.
Yeah I was always high on Robert.. i rank him number 11 or 12 p4p... and really he could be argued as top ten.... everything he is doing defines p4p.. jumping weight classes and stuff.. but 11 or 12 makes sense to me.... he has great skills.. can work the outside, use his jab.. and clearly last night fight on the inside, and fight grudge matches.. plus he can just go to war with someone like the Aydin fight.. so he has the goods when it comes to skills.. he just lacks the speed and power like Pac, Mayweather or Berto has.. but it's clear he is strong enough to KO WW's.... so what he loses in athleticism, he makes up with smarts and skills.. he's a good fighter... good enough to face Mayweather.. I doubt it.. rather see him vs Bradley tbh..
Beezy is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #23
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 115412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Are you aware that Mayweather stopped giving a damn about belts since 2007?

Oh really? So why doesn't he vacant it then instead of holding two titles in two divisions?

It is still part of leaverage to justify more money, even though he is the draw. If he doesn't have a title and wants to fight for someone's title, then he would have to pay the champ extra.
tliang1000 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum