Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
avenel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default so canelo is boss now?

how does he get to choose mayweather cotto and martinez like he is in the drivers seat? what has he done exactly? not hating on the kid at all i like him but shouldnt it be the other way around cotto mayweather should be the shotcallers not canelo and his team. and if it is cotto next im sure venue is going to be an issue cotto would want it in msg
avenel is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: so canelo is boss now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenel View Post
how does he get to choose mayweather cotto and martinez like he is in the drivers seat? what has he done exactly? not hating on the kid at all i like him but shouldnt it be the other way around cotto mayweather should be the shotcallers not canelo and his team. and if it is cotto next im sure venue is going to be an issue cotto would want it in msg
Exactly, shit just irks me all around, I can't wait til this Blake Griffin looking fraud gets exposed
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 3000

De La Hoya recognizes the future of the sport.
Canelo Promotions puts on many shows in Mexico.
In a sense dude is a "Boss".
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
avenel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

in mexico hes boss thats about it he cant be calling out guys like may n cotto just because he has a belt its the other way around bro if may n cotto dont feel like fighting him in may they have the right
avenel is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
Beezy
2 Eazzy
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbigmike View Post
Exactly, shit just irks me all around, I can't wait til this Blake Griffin looking fraud gets exposed

Had me rolling.....

Yeah he is talking a lot for someone who hasn't beat anyone significant outside of Ryan Rhodes.. that being said.. I would love to see him fight either May or Cotto... he might not win but this kid is the future of boxing
Beezy is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenel View Post
in mexico hes boss thats about it he cant be calling out guys like may n cotto just because he has a belt its the other way around bro if may n cotto dont feel like fighting him in may they have the right
No, for a fighter boxing is a business first and foremost, and if you dont want to fight the guy who brings the most money/popularity to the table that means you're blatantly afraid of him.

Let's say, if Mayweather or Cotto dont want to fight Canelo so they can fight/rematch Pac, then it's OK, as Pac is a much better option business wise

but if Canelo is calling them out (assuming purse split and other conditions are acceptable for both sides) and they still go and pick, let's say a Robert Guerrero, that means they're clearly ducking the young hungry lion like a couple of chicken shits
locard is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatesrats View Post
De La Hoya recognizes the future of the sport.
Canelo Promotions puts on many shows in Mexico.
In a sense dude is a "Boss".
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

ALL ROADS LEAD TO CANELO.

you guys better get used to that. It aint Broner that is going to fill PBF shoes. It's Canelo.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
cippi
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 11570

He's been saying he wanted may after he wooped on cintron. but still continues not to get the fight. which he doesnt deserve it either. however though i believe he wants the big fights but he isnt the one calling the shots. but now i think he is going to have a little more say.

i still cant believe he fought lopez. golden boy must of been really pissed that lopez spoiled there plans so they wanted to make him pay. cuz everyone knew what was going to happen to poor lopez making him move up in weight like that once again.
cippi is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Canelo is just doing what a fighter should do. GBP works for him and he wants to step up and is demanding they get the fights he want now done.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #11
Elite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 143

Since when is challenging the best a bad thing?
Elite is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #12
santiagoraga
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He's calling out A level talent, okay, but maybe he should fight some B level talent first...because he ain't been fighting nothing but C and D level talent. Oh, and he's been fighting dudes two weight classes removed from their natural weight and burnt out has-beens as well.

I don't give a shit how much money he makes or how many 'fans' tune in to watch him wail on mismatched opponents. Means jack shit. Nickelback sells a shit ton of records...they still suck Liberace's **** seven days a week.
santiagoraga is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #13
TheJuggernaut
HITCHSLAP!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite View Post
Since when is challenging the best a bad thing?
Thats what im thinking....if he was calling out Corrie Spinks everyone would say hes looking for an easy fight. When he calls out May and Cotto, "who the **** do you think you are"

TheJuggernaut is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #14
the_truth
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The dude does have a large fan base and his team has been doing a great job bringing him up and putting him with the right opponents so far. Canelo has reach a level at this point where he could demand some names. Right now Canelo will continue to use and show up in large fight venues such as this Saturday to grow his fan base and popularity. It's one thing to call out names and another thing to actually sign the contract and fighting the Cotto's and Floyds. Let's see if he cant land Floyd or Cotto who will he be facing in May? Could it be someone like Lara or Rosado? Or would it be another small guy like Guerrero who will move up to face him because of his performance against Berto.
the_truth is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #15
avenel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

ALL ROADS LEAD TO CANELO.

you guys better get used to that. It aint Broner that is going to fill PBF shoes. It's Canelo

yea keep smoking that shit

not saying its a bad thing call out the best im all for it but who has canelo fought??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
avenel is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum