Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #16
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Robert Guererro is the Mexican version of Bernard Hopkins

No he's not. Berto is just so limited and off ped's so relax. The ghost will never be the executioner. I like Robert but he gets slid by Ortiz, Maidana, and gets outboxed by Alexander and Bradley and I dont even like Alexander or Bradley.
GOW7 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #17
lightsoutoli
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Guerrero grabbing smothering and pounding Berto into almost submission is just like Hopkins the only difference is he gets hit too much and that is detrimental if he fight Mayweather but Guererro destroys Broner. I like him he comes to fight I believes he destroys pacquiao as well
lightsoutoli is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #18
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 103865

Robert doesn't typically fight in that Smothering nature. He does fight on the inside pretty good but i think his outside game is better. Hell he scored the kds on Berto from the outside coming in. He was getting tagged more on the inside against Berto.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #19
Consu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

''Ruff house style fighter.. pure inside brawler.. B-Hop... dirty''

People don't know shit. I guess many saw Guerrero fighting first time last weekend? This is getting ridilicious. I mean I'm not a big fan of Robert Guerrero but attention he got after fight is screwing the truth. He is not a
crazy brawler that people makes him to be. NO. It is not like he loves to brawl
and its everything that he is capable of. Give him Rios and I promise he will box, box and box and do everything to avoid brawl with Rios. Last weekend was just fight plan to beat Berto. And he was succesful. He is a masterful tactician. Have you seen his fight against Katsidis? Katsidis only way to fight is make it to be a brawl. Guerrero gave Katsidis beating of his life with pure boxing skills. He didn't go inside cause he knew that it is Katsidis strength. Berto was fast and powerful puncher. Guerrero can't (and didn't) fight him from long distance cause he knew it's Berto's way to success. He took Berto out of his game just like he did against Katsidis. Different styles, different fights. Guerrero knows how to get the job done. Such a genius fighter if you ask me.
Consu is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #20
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 103865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consu View Post

People don't know shit. I guess many saw Guerrero fighting first time last weekend? This is getting ridilicious. I mean I'm not a big fan of Robert Guerrero but attention he got after fight is screwing the truth. He is not a
and its everything that he is capable of. Give him Rios and I promise he will box, box and box and do everything to avoid brawl with Rios. Last weekend was just fight plan to beat Berto. And he was succesful. He is a masterful tactician. Have you seen his fight against Katsidis? Katsidis only way to fight is make it to be a brawl. Guerrero gave Katsidis beating of his life with pure boxing skills. He didn't go inside cause he knew that it is Katsidis strength. Berto was fast and powerful puncher. Guerrero can't (and didn't) fight him from long distance cause he knew it's Berto's way to success. He took Berto out of his game just like he did against Katsidis. Different styles, different fights. Guerrero knows how to get the job done. Such a genius fighter if you ask me.
+1 Well said.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #21
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

He isn't a genious fighter, more than just a smart fighter. He fights the fight that gives him the best chance.

That said, he fights poor opposition, when he fought Salido and Yourdan he was embarassed.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #22
lightsoutoli
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
He isn't a genious fighter, more than just a smart fighter. He fights the fight that gives him the best chance.

That said, he fights poor opposition, when he fought Salido and Yourdan he was embarassed.
Well said
lightsoutoli is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #23
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

he reminds me more of holyfield the way he uses his head as a battling ram with an occasional elbow
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #24
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consu View Post

Very true, this is the first time I have seen Guerrero fight in this manner and I have seen plenty of his fights. he usually boxes his opponents. So he showed he has another dimension to his fight game. He stated that Berto was faster than him so he would have to smother him and rough him up to negate his game plane and speed.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #25
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

RG brings some spark to 147 but we have so many impressionable people here. He's now some kind of Godly figure because he beat Berto? Haha. I can understand when Ortiz beat him since he was undefeated at the time. But this is getting out of hand. I hope Floyd doesn't give RG what he wants. RG would then be forced to go down to 140 to fight some real sharks which I honestly don't think he's confident enough to do so.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #26
daallo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
No, but he may be the Californian version
Still Mexican.
daallo is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #27
Consu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
he reminds me more of holyfield the way he uses his head as a battling ram with an occasional elbow
''I've only seen his fight against Berto and now I have opinions''
Consu is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum