Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Thumbs up Anyone believe Glengoffe is gonna do Groves?

Been thinking about it for the last few days, and after seeing how ****y, arrogant and deluded Groves has been in recent weeks, (even taking the piss out of his main man Booth) Some people said he was prating about, but Booth wasn't laughing along.....Groves looked like a punk who had just gotten up from bed in that PC.

I feel a Carl Thompson-David Haye, Corrie Sanders-Wladimir Klitschko all over again here.

Groves will be unprepared and ****y, throw loads of flash, gas early, get tagged by a trademark Glen Johnson right, Johnson will throw punches in bunches, Groves will be out on his feet against the ropes, ref steps in and stops the fight....with everyone saying Johnson rolled back the years.

It might not get that far, and Groves will take the 1st shot and go to sleep......

I just don't think Johnson should be underestimated....regardless of his obvious decline in the last couple of fights.

He comes to fight, always, just ask Frochy who won a MD...and if Groves goes into the fight like he did in that PC, I can see Johnson humbling and exposing his ass.

Groves will bemoan a poor training camp, underestimated his opponent,

Booth will say its the lesson he needed to learn, will make him a better fighter etc etc.

I can see it.

But can you?

(....I hope I haven't cursed it, with this prediction...)
craney91 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
Candyman

Default Re: Anyone believe Glengoffe is gonna do Groves?

his current 'vote for david' videos are nothing short of an embarassment
Candyman is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
his current 'vote for david' videos are nothing short of an embarassment
Not taking it very seriously at all!

This ain't no joke, this is the sport of boxing.

A brutal sport, where the jokers get found out, and the punks get punked.

Take it for granted, take your eye of the ball, end up like Dereck Chisora.

Groves has got it coming, it could be this fight. The yardie aint no pushover, he'll come to fight and he will press, the fights got disaster written all over it, especially with the way Groves has been going on of late. It just stinks of a humbling to me, the young apprentice who pisses about, is gonna get humbled.

I'm not a betting man, but what are the odds, anybody know?
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
nick6
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Johnson is a dangerous fight. He best be read to go 12 round because hes not knocking him out and after watching the froch fight he better be careful of his overhand right. This is a big test for George and we will see how good he actually is here. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he ends up getting stopped.
nick6 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick6 View Post
Johnson is a dangerous fight. He best be read to go 12 round because hes not knocking him out and after watching the froch fight he better be careful of his overhand right. This is a big test for George and we will see how good he actually is here. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he ends up getting stopped.
Over hand right is the punch I can see coming, but Groves wont. He will be ****y in the ring, throw his best early on, Glen will catch him with the over hand right, depending on how well it connects, it will either send Groves all over the place, and Johnson will finish the fight, or Groves will be sparked out.

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, and I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
Logan_87
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

groves will win with a mid to late round bodyshot.
Logan_87 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #7
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Can see Groves tryin to take him out early then wastin his stamina then gettin stopped by right hands landin on his jaw
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #8
saintsmike
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I can see this fight being a very close decision.

Groves will be taken the whole 12 against a tough expierenced operator who can still compete.
saintsmike is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #9
Special
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1141

Love it when the ****iness comes back to haunt him, hope it happens this fight Johnson can teach him a few lessons
Special is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #10
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

I think Booth understands what Johnson is and isn't, I predict a comfy decision for groves
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

i think johnson might have something left...but his last few performances have ranged from gritty wars that he has taken the rhythm of the fight to plodding move foreward get tapped and throw wild right hand.

i think johnson has it in him to beat groves i dont think johnsons style is based on any form of athleticism that would be deteriorated from age. he is hard to time, he is hard to catch cleanly and he has a very good engine on him. groves might get too loose with the combos and get caught on the way out and might tire out as johnson walks him down hard.

but thats just looking at the best of johnson has to offer and it mght of left him.

groves i think might be able to walk away with it.
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #12
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

The only "good" performance GJ has put in recently imo was a spirited effort against Froch.

And Froch did everything wrong in that fight and still won comfortably imo. Since then he's looked awful

Groves will just need to show a bit of movement and pitter patter his way to glory.

If he chooses those horrible tactics he used against dirrell he'll shut Johnson out
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #13
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

I'll LMAO if he does.

Retired, cherry-picked...still full of piss and vinegar.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #14
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

No.

Groves will be too quick for him and while I expect Johnson to be competitive in the early rounds, he will begin to get broken up in the mid rounds and I would not be surprised to see a late stoppage. Ref stepping in as he stumbles around, shipping too much punishment.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 12:33 AM   #15
sniffmybadger
trust me I'm a stomach
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Been thinking about it for the last few days, and after seeing how ****y, arrogant and deluded Groves has been in recent weeks, (even taking the piss out of his main man Booth) Some people said he was prating about, but Booth wasn't laughing along.....Groves looked like a punk who had just gotten up from bed in that PC.

I feel a Carl Thompson-David Haye, Corrie Sanders-Wladimir Klitschko all over again here.

Groves will be unprepared and ****y, throw loads of flash, gas early, get tagged by a trademark Glen Johnson right, Johnson will throw punches in bunches, Groves will be out on his feet against the ropes, ref steps in and stops the fight....with everyone saying Johnson rolled back the years.

It might not get that far, and Groves will take the 1st shot and go to sleep......

I just don't think Johnson should be underestimated....regardless of his obvious decline in the last couple of fights.

He comes to fight, always, just ask Frochy who won a MD...and if Groves goes into the fight like he did in that PC, I can see Johnson humbling and exposing his ass.

Groves will bemoan a poor training camp, underestimated his opponent,

Booth will say its the lesson he needed to learn, will make him a better fighter etc etc.

I can see it.

But can you?

(....I hope I haven't cursed it, with this prediction...)
Hi James
sniffmybadger is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum