Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #256
TVLPC
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Do one at the beginning of a single session not both. Don't do 3x5 then up to your 1rm or the other way round, it won't be good for strength gains.

If you really want to up your bench add a dynamic bench day. Look up some videos on Westside Barbell dynamic days or search for Louie Simmons, he's a ****ing god on this stuff.
good advice Virus.
TVLPC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #257
cutthroat22

vCash: 213
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Do one at the beginning of a single session not both. Don't do 3x5 then up to your 1rm or the other way round, it won't be good for strength gains.

If you really want to up your bench add a dynamic bench day. Look up some videos on Westside Barbell dynamic days or search for Louie Simmons, he's a ****ing god on this stuff.
How'd you mean a single session?
Not sure if my post looked like I was doing that twice a week but I'm not. I'm thinking about maybe trying out a local comp, it'd have to be a tested one though and I wouldn't make the top 5 because my deadlift sucks but it'd be nice to have an aim. I'll check the west side barbell cheers!!
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #258
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
How'd you mean a single session?
Not sure if my post looked like I was doing that twice a week but I'm not. I'm thinking about maybe trying out a local comp, it'd have to be a tested one though and I wouldn't make the top 5 because my deadlift sucks but it'd be nice to have an aim. I'll check the west side barbell cheers!!
To me from what you said it looks like you go to the gym and in a single session do 3x5 then work up to your 1RM. Not a good idea. If you're upping your 3x5 weight even just doing 6 reps for your last set you've gotten stronger, why **** that up burning out your CNS doing your 1RM? 1RM is extremely overrated, you don't have to work at that intensity to improve strength levels. It's pure ego. It's also detrimental to gains.

If you want to gain strength do max effort days. Pick a bench variation or something similar and work up to a 3RM each week. Every time you do the lift you should add weight to your max. After around 3 weeks (maybe 1 or 2 weeks depending on your experience level) switch to another variation. Basic idea of the conjugate system.

If you want to enter a powerlifting competition then definitely look up Westside barbell, strongest team in the world because of Simmons.
viru§™ is online now  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #259
cutthroat22

Yea so I'd do xxx x 3x5 then 1 rep of xxx.
I dunno if its an ego thing exactly, it's not like I brag about it, it's just a nice feeling for myself. Maybe I'm best just sticking with the 3 x 5 and working on upping that then instead of adding the extra 1 rep.

I'm gonna look the other stuff up now. Sounds good.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #260
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u10SeIhQGwE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u10SeIhQGwE[/ame]
viru§™ is online now  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #261
cutthroat22

Cheers virus, good vid. I'm gonna have to watch it a few times to take it in though, I'd struggle in that class.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:35 AM   #262
ruttmk42
Journeyman

wouldnt surpirse me if anglo is now making alts to argue with himself to give himself purpose.........wasteman

change the title of the thread u dumbass cos u been getting pwned
ruttmk42 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #263
Anglosaxon
FASTEST HANDS ON ESB
ESB Addict

vCash: 634

Lol while Dealt and Rutt are going haywire with rage, I am touring Australia meeting fans and logging on rarely to update my fans of my progress.

I joined a new gym and have already been complimented by 100's of gym users on my body.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

My arrival

Me meeting fans in Melbourne

this lucky fan got to see what she wanted to see

Touring the beach and bumping into another fan

Another fan steals a kiss

My nutrition while here

Anglosaxon is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #264
TVLPC
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

How you guys get upset at this stuff and not take it as entertaining is beyond me, look at the last post...priceless!!!
TVLPC is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #265
cutthroat22

i think its hilarious, pretty sure the top 'fan' is actually his g/f.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #266
ruttmk42
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglosaxon View Post
Lol while Dealt and Rutt are going haywire with rage, I am touring Australia meeting fans and logging on rarely to update my fans of my progress.

I joined a new gym and have already been complimented by 100's of gym users on my body.

My arrival

Me meeting fans in Melbourne

this lucky fan got to see what she wanted to see

Touring the beach and bumping into another fan

Another fan steals a kiss

My nutrition while here

on holiday myself m8, just find u amusing.....and one post sayin uve created alts to interact with urself is hardly rage sayin uve been abused like the other bloke.....i notice u dont say about the alts, someones been clocked haha have a good holiday looks like u are.....if u take that as hateful then u are confused my friend

n just waondering why u ahve alazy eye not hateful or aggresively but looks like conjuctivitis

Last edited by ruttmk42; 11-27-2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: mistake
ruttmk42 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #267
nick6
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Anglosaxon is a very successful troll
nick6 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #268
Opti
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
i think its hilarious, pretty sure the top 'fan' is actually his g/f.
Its the same girl in all the photos
Opti is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #269
cutthroat22

I know, but it's obvious the top one is his g/f where as I think he will debate the others as different girls.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #270
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Cheers virus, good vid. I'm gonna have to watch it a few times to take it in though, I'd struggle in that class.
Louis Simmons

I take testosterone because you cant be as strong as possible without it.
doylexxx is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing