Pacquiao Stoppage 2 11.11%
Draw 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #31
Spitfire7
Gadfly
ESB Addict

vCash: 750
Default Re: --- Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez - Ratings, Build Up --- (Videos)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO-KING View Post
Thanks.

With Versatility I rated it different styles used during fights, JMM adjusts in fight tremendously but still uses the same style, however pacquiao has changed his style alot fight to fight, JMM fights similarly in every fight, Adjustments during fights doesn't mean versatility in my opinion, that's more to do with Ring IQ in my opinion.

KD by who, am assuming Pacquiao.

Versatility in common non-technical parlance, simply means adaptability, all-roundedness, dexterity, adjustability, etc. primarily. One who is versatile can adapt to anything, and can change from one state/quality to another with relative ease in relation to an immediate situation--and as such could imply variety, multiplicity, etc. secondarily. JMM has shown those qualities more than Pacquiao as the former had been put into more adverse and hard situations, even picking himself up from the canvas 4 times, but was able to adapt and adjust, even turn the tide in many rounds. That is adaptability more than variety/multiplicity per se.

If im not mistaken, you implied and must've meant by your usage of the word 'versatility' what boxing experts would specifically call "ring generalship" which is what ring IQ is all about...

I see where you're coming from mate. No disagreement here, just some minor and subjective semantics and subjective interpretations to help avoid moot misunderstanding.

And oh yeah, it's JM who i think is gonna taste the canvas again (as had been in the previous fights, but will be able to pick himself up yet again and box in spurts and even dominate to make it close, shades of fight 2).
Spitfire7 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #32
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 119
Default Re: --- Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez - Ratings, Build Up --- (Videos)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire7 View Post
Versatility in common non-technical parlance, simply means adaptability, all-roundedness, dexterity, adjustability, etc. primarily. One who is versatile can adapt to anything, and can change from one state/quality to another with relative ease in relation to an immediate situation--and as such could imply variety, multiplicity, etc. secondarily. JMM has shown those qualities more than Pacquiao as the former had been put into more adverse and hard situations, even picking himself up from the canvas 4 times, but was able to adapt and adjust, even turn the tide in many rounds. That is adaptability more than variety/multiplicity per se.

If im not mistaken, you implied and must've meant by your usage of the word 'versatility' what boxing experts would specifically call "ring generalship" which is what ring IQ is all about...

I see where you're coming from mate. No disagreement here, just some minor and subjective semantics and subjective interpretations to help avoid moot misunderstanding.

And oh yeah, it's JM who i think is gonna taste the canvas again (as had been in the previous fights, but will be able to pick himself up yet again and box in spurts and even dominate to make it close, shades of fight 2).
ring generalship is control of the ring, controlling where the action takes place in the ring and at what pace, this is a part of Ring IQ not all of it.

Versatility in my opinion means the variety of skills shown and adaptability is part Versatility, by meaning you need slight variations to adapt, but not necessarily the change of styles, I personally feel that adaptability comes more under Ring IQ. I think the misunderstanding comes from the interpretation on the meaning of Versatility and adaptability in terms of boxing.

What ratings would give it then?

KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #33
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
i can't believe i actually enjoyed the 1st 24 7. I didn't think i would.

People on here forget that this will go down as one of the greatest rivaliries in the sports history.

And we're lucky that both fighters still have enough left to give us a 4th war.

It was better than I thought it would be, Don't think it will be a war though
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #34
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: --- Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez - Ratings --- (Videos) 24/7, Trilogy

HBO 24/7 Episode 2

Part 1

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Part 2

KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #35
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: EPISODE 2 - 24/7 --- Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez - Ratings ---

Pacquiao Vs Marquez 4 (2012) - The End Is Near

KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #36
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: EPISODE 2 - 24/7 --- Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez - Ratings --- (Videos)

HBO ring life PAC/JMM

KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #37
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000
Default Re: EPISODE 2 - 24/7 --- Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez - Ratings --- (Videos)

Excellent thread!

Very good breakdown and appreciate the effort you've put in here.

I think Marquez takes this one. He looks to be better physically at this stage and I think he can prove this, possibly getting a stoppage victory, if not then finally a win on the scorecards.

The impression seems to be that we will see a more aggressive Marquez and that is a slight concern as Pacquiao can hurt you at any given stage, and although we hear Manny could adjust his style I think that is unlikely.

I am predicting another great fight with Marquez opening up cuts on Manny and pushing for a late stoppage.

Pacquiao has declined recently and I would welcome a performance from him that turns back the clock but I think Dinamita will finally get that win.
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #38
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by perspicacity View Post
Excellent thread!

Very good breakdown and appreciate the effort you've put in here.

I think Marquez takes this one. He looks to be better physically at this stage and I think he can prove this, possibly getting a stoppage victory, if not then finally a win on the scorecards.

The impression seems to be that we will see a more aggressive Marquez and that is a slight concern as Pacquiao can hurt you at any given stage, and although we hear Manny could adjust his style I think that is unlikely.

I am predicting another great fight with Marquez opening up cuts on Manny and pushing for a late stoppage.

Pacquiao has declined recently and I would welcome a performance from him that turns back the clock but I think Dinamita will finally get that win.
Glad you appreciate it, would you change anything?

KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #39
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

Quote:
Glad you appreciate it, would you change anything?

Pacquiao looks good there

I aint changing nothing though, Juan Manuel looks to be in beast mode and I think he can do it, and would like to see him win.

If Pacquiao can pull it off I hope it is not disputed, I'd like to see a clear winner.
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #40
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Great to see Marquez training in a modern way now.

No more throwing rocks around mountains and drinking piss!
irishny is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #41
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Great to see Marquez training in a modern way now.

No more throwing rocks around mountains and drinking piss!
Throwing rocks can be effective for the body, just simpler ways to get the same results are available, the piss thing is purely psychological, he drank it to get the minerals that is flushed out through urine - ignoring that alot of waste product is in urine aswell

HBO 24/7 Pacquiao/Marquez 4: Marquez Music Video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDdtZUGlTdk&feature=g-high[/ame]
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #42
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: EPISODE 2 - 24/7 --- Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez - Ratings --- (NEW Vid

Officials for the fight

Referee: Kenny Bayless
Judges: Adalaide Byrd, Steve Weisfeld, John Keane
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #43
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Arum: Gate is near 11 million, less than 1,000 seats left for Pacquiao-Marquez 4.

doubt it's actually over 10
Why? Pacquiao-Marquez III did a $11.6 million gate, and the tickets are the same price for this one.

Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #44
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
Why? Pacquiao-Marquez III did a $11.6 million gate, and the tickets are the same price for this one.

am sure it goes to that close to the fight, but when arum mentioned it, I doubt they already did that much.
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #45
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: --- Manny Pacquiao vs J M Marquez - Ratings --- Officials for fight (NEW Videos)

HBO under the lights

KO-KING is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum