Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
donnie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default primetime appreciation thread

Ignore the haters primetime, for those that got the channel with no **** ups the production was fantastic!

For standard def the picture quality was brilliant, having paul dempsey on was a masterstroke and ryan and paulie were brilliant analysits...I've subsribed to boxnation from day one but the punditry, production and picture quality is ****in shite.

Props to venus as well....

They taking the piss with 15 charge though but still better then nothing and better then the shitty production on boxnation
donnie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: primetime appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnie View Post
Ignore the haters primetime, for those that got the channel with no **** ups the production was fantastic!

For standard def the picture quality was brilliant, having paul dempsey on was a masterstroke and ryan and paulie were brilliant analysits...I've subsribed to boxnation from day one but the punditry, production and picture quality is ****in shite.

Props to venus as well....

They taking the piss with 15 charge though but still better then nothing and better then the shitty production on boxnation
Good and fair post IMO.

In an ideal world we wouldn't need a channel like Primetime.

Sky would but more fights than they do and Boxnation, as a dedicated channel, would show the rest.

But for one reason or another this doesn't happen.

I am really disappointed with Sky's current attitude towards boxing (apart from the generally very good Matchroom shows) and I am becoming increasingly frustrated with Boxnations failure to fulfil their promises.

They both disappointed me when they didn't show the Hatton fight.

This isn't Primetime's fault though and for me to be annoyed with them because they 'beat' other channels bids to show the fight is silly, any anger should be aimed at the aforementioned channels.

Primetimes coverage was excellent.

They put together a superb team on the night and I have to admit it was far more polished than anything Boxnation have bought us so far.

On this evidence Boxnation need to watch their backs in my opinion.

I'm a big fan of Boxnation, but if Primetime pick up more of the bigger fights that appeal to the casual fans then the channel could be in real trouble.
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
shitstabber

Quote:
On this evidence Boxnation need to watch their backs in my opinion.

I'm a big fan of Boxnation, but if Primetime pick up more of the bigger fights that appeal to the casual fans then the channel could be in real trouble.
One costs 15 a event and another 10 a month, of course a quality difference exists, because one has 10 times the budget to do so.

So let me get this straight, you would rather spend 15 everytime you need to watch a fight over 10 a month for 10+ fights a month. Getting hooked on Heroin will be cheaper than following Boxing under Primetime.
shitstabber is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Other than not being on HD I was very happy with Primetime. I know that doesnt matter to some people but it does to me. I thought the pundit team was one of the best i have seen. Dempsey is class, Malliagnaggi and Rhodes are good pundits and has appropriate knowledge and background, Big Ron is quality and Darke and Woodhall is the best possible commentary team in the UK.

Still think for the US cards they should charge 10 or offer a UK leg. December 7th its Crolla vs Farrell promoted by Coldwell, and Brian Rose vs Sam Webbe for the British is the week after. I am sure they could have struck a deal to have these cards as a UK leg.

it doesnt look like Box Nation can compete anymore.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shitstabber View Post
One costs 15 a event and another 10 a month, of course a quality difference exists, because one has 10 times the budget to do so.

So let me get this straight, you would rather spend 15 everytime you need to watch a fight over 10 a month for 10+ fights a month. Getting hooked on Heroin will be cheaper than following Boxing under Primetime.
No you misunderstood me mate.

I really like Boxnation and for me it absolutely offers far better value for money, I will be with it for some time to come (hopefully).

The point I was trying to make is that the more casual viewers will rather pay fifteen pounds for the ocassional fight rather than a regular tenner.

If Boxnation allows Primetime to show the fights that appeal to a larger audience then they will lose alot of customers and will struggle surely.
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

The treatment I get over the telephone with Primetime is always shit, but I agree last weekend was put together pretty well.

Considering what our Yankee cousins have to pay each fight we do ok.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnie View Post
They taking the piss with 15 charge though but still better then nothing
I'm glad you appreciate them so much.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #8
I Shot JR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Dempsey is now freelance- I wouldn't be surprised if Boxnation or even Channel 5 snapped him up. Is Keys still with Boxnation?
I Shot JR is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #9
HARDCORE HEALEY
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Dempsey shoving the microphone in rickys face at the end and prolonging the interview was a disgrace....fair do's he needs to do an interview but come on ay.
HARDCORE HEALEY is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #10
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

**** primetime
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #11
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Is this the same channel that could not wait to stick a mic in Ricky's face? The same channel, where the man was clearly heartbroken and hurt, and all the TV corp wanted to do was get that mic in his face and ask loads of really pressing difficult questions?

It was almost as bad as that bloke on channel 5 when Tyson Fury went on his rant. But that was quite funny, "Go on then....one more..."

But there was a time and a place for Ricky to speak, and it wasnt at that moment in time. But they dont give a shit, they just want a reaction.

Thats what its all about unfortunately.

Its no different from the happy slap culture, where they cant wait to get a camera down your throat for cheap entertainment. The media and news is exactly the same, they know there is a time and a place, even the interviewers feel embarrassed, but they still push along with it. Prostitutes to their bosses, Sky are the worst for it, they have no heart or decency what so ever! ESPECIALLY the football interviewers. Andy Burton is it? Complete whore, and they've got a new bloke now, he's just as bad as Burton, from the same cloth. School of wannabee's, school of no heart or conscience.

They really, genuinely, dont give a f*ck, as long as it means they get a reaction for TV.

Its ok anyway, cause these corps just dont get any of my money!
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #12
punchdrunkgench
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I njoy prime time coverage I don't have box nation as the thought of me spending one second of my day working to earn money then spending it on a fisheyes business makes my nuts scrivel up
punchdrunkgench is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #13
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

In fairness to the TS he makes a decent point, BN is absolutely car crash TV is dog shit pure and simple

PT put on a good show and i was impressed, but ultimately pissed off with having to pay another bastardin 15 quid!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #14
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchdrunkgench View Post
I njoy prime time coverage I don't have box nation as the thought of me spending one second of my day working to earn money then spending it on a fisheyes business makes my nuts scrivel up
Boxnation is actually worth it as sometimes their is decent cards every week of a month
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #15
punchdrunkgench
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
Boxnation is actually worth it as sometimes their is decent cards every week of a month
As a boxing fan it pains me to make this stand but i simply won't give
A single penny of my money to that awful human being
punchdrunkgench is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum