Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
Tomato Can
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Team Golovkin 'Best need to fight the best'...who has GGG fought tho?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNHV7RGD8tI&feature=share&list=UUoNbXZgX1k6pnyz9yAAagjw[/ame]
Tomato Can is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300
Default Re: Team Golovkin 'Best need to fight the best'...who has GGG fought tho?

Yes wise words spoken from the god of war!!
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
masterorder19
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Team Golovkin 'Best need to fight the best'...who has GGG fought tho?

i hate when ppl say ”well who has he faught” how the **** is he supposed to fight someone when everybody turns the other direction
masterorder19 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
TheManBearPig
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
i hate when ppl say ”well who has he faught” how the **** is he supposed to fight someone when everybody turns the other direction
Besides Sturm and N'Dam, who has ducked Golovkin?

Quote:
Yes wise words spoken from the god of war!!
I see you are still a walking pile of stupid who DKSAB.
TheManBearPig is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'm sure somebody in the top 15 would want to fight him, after all he has a title and a HBO date. I don't believe everybody is ducking him, he has only been chasing guys who don't need to fight him. Try calling out guys like Macklin, Murray, Rubio or even Sakio Bika is he thinks he can take someone at 168, I don't think any of these guys would scoff at a 6 figure pay day...
MidniteProwler is online now  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManBearPig View Post
Besides Sturm and N'Dam, who has ducked Golovkin?
I'd kinda' like to know this, too.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's been ducked up until now, since he is incredibly dangerous yet previously not well known to the general public. Like Wilder, he's the classic "no upside to fighting him" opponent.

But now he has worldwide exposure, and a major network behind him, so their is a LARGE upside to facing him.

Also, while he is very, very good, he's not unbeatable. He hasn't exactly proven himself in the pros yet. I'm sure guys like Geale & Maravilla think they can win. (they might be wrong, I'm just saying they would probably think so, having the mindset of a true champion.)

------------

You know who would definitely fight GGG, if given the chance? Keith Thurman. He could easily make the weight, and wants to fight everyone. Now THAT would be an exciting bout!
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
Nonito Smoak
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1500

Proksa
Ouma
Simon
Crickets
Nonito Smoak is online now  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #8
t.reznor

Gaele chose to fight Mundine instead of playing ball with the WBA who said he had to fight Golovkin. Mind you, it was a sound decision from a business point of view even if HBO was involved in a potential GGG-Gaele clash.

Didn't hear much regarding Pirog's injury, he was supposed to fight Golovkin on HBO as well. Anybody knows when he's coming back? Might have shat his pants.

That's who might have ducked him in addition to Sturm & N'Dam.

Quillin vs GGG for a crack at either Maravilla or Chavez Jr, that's what I wanna see. Make it happen at the Barclays or MSG, both Kid Chocolate and GGG are building a fanbase in the NYC area.
t.reznor is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #9
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
I'd kinda' like to know this, too.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's been ducked up until now, since he is incredibly dangerous yet previously not well known to the general public. Like Wilder, he's the classic "no upside to fighting him" opponent.

But now he has worldwide exposure, and a major network behind him, so their is a LARGE upside to facing him.

Also, while he is very, very good, he's not unbeatable. He hasn't exactly proven himself in the pros yet. I'm sure guys like Geale & Maravilla think they can win. (they might be wrong, I'm just saying they would probably think so, having the mindset of a true champion.)

------------

You know who would definitely fight GGG, if given the chance? Keith Thurman. He could easily make the weight, and wants to fight everyone. Now THAT would be an exciting bout!
Thruman's handlers wouldn't put Thruman anywhere near Golovkin. That would be an incredibly bad decision on their end to try and make that fight.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #10
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawk888 View Post
Thruman's handlers wouldn't put Thruman anywhere near Golovkin. That would be an incredibly bad decision on their end to try and make that fight.
I agree, but I'd still like to see it.

I believe strongly in the "jump into the frying pan" school of management. If it doesn't kill you .....
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #11
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
I agree, but I'd still like to see it.

I believe strongly in the "jump into the frying pan" school of management. If it doesn't kill you .....
It would most certainly be exciting while it lasted.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #12
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteProwler View Post
I don't believe everybody is ducking him, he has only been chasing guys who don't need to fight him.
That'd be 'the best' guys.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #13
The Akbar One
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato Can View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Who has any other middleweight fought though? This is a middleweight era that is lackluster, and the best guys won't even fight each other most of the time.

Analyzing opponents, and looking at what opposition was amongst the ten best middleweights at the time of the respective fights.

Martinez, has wins over Macklin, and Chavez Jr.(hype job but still a top 10 guy)

Quillen, has N'Jkam.

Geale, has a win over Sturm(debatable whether Sturm was still at top 10 level)

Golovkin, best wins, are against Simon, and Proska, neither of which was among the ten best middleweights when he beat them.

Pirog, has a win over Jacobs, (Jacobs was a top ten guy at the time.)

I agree with Golovkin the best need to fight the best.
The Akbar One is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #14
TheManBearPig
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Geale, has a win over Sturm(debatable whether Sturm was still at top 10 level)
Sturm not top 10?? You are a ****ing idiot.
TheManBearPig is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #15
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
That'd be 'the best' guys.
That's true, but why should the best guys fight him now when he is unproven? He has only beaten on top 15 guy.
MidniteProwler is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum