boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 390 46.04%
Disagree 457 53.96%
Voters: 847. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #7006
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: People talk bad about Pacquaio's competition, yet say Mayweather fights the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
Last time Manny fought a top ranked ww was in 2009 since then he hasnt faced a #1 or #2 or even a #3 ww...he hasnt faced a ww champion since 2009

since 2009 floyd has faced the #1 ww(shane)the #2 ww(ortiz) the #1 154 fighter(cotto)
dominated the guy Manny is facing for the 4th dam time(Jmm)

he has won 2 world titles in 2 divisions and beat 3 current world champions since 2009
Numbers don't mean ****.

Berto got ranked number 2 after getting hte **** beat outta him by Ortiz.

How the **** does that happen?

You get your ass whupped, and then get ranked #2?

LOL.

You're a joke.

You're RUINED on this forum. Time to change your name.

ROACH is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #7007
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

vCash: 571251
Default Re: People talk bad about Pacquaio's competition, yet say Mayweather fights the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Numbers don't mean ****.

Berto got ranked number 2 after getting hte **** beat outta him by Ortiz.

How the **** does that happen?

You get your ass whupped, and then get ranked #2?

LOL.

You're a joke.

You're RUINED on this forum. Time to change your name.

After Berto lost to Ortiz Ortiz was #2 genius so what are you even talking bout? Manny has fought less then great comp since 2009

Clottey-coming off of a loss never beat anyone
Margo?-unranked coming off of getting ktfo and a year suspension
Shane?lol coming off of a loss and a draw
Jmm-unranked at ww
Bradley-unranked at ww
Jmm (again)unranked at ww
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #7008
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
After Berto lost to Ortiz Ortiz was #2 genius so what are you even talking bout? Manny has fought less then great comp since 2009

Clottey-coming off of a loss never beat anyone
Margo?-unranked coming off of getting ktfo and a year suspension
Shane?lol coming off of a loss and a draw
Jmm-unranked at ww
Bradley-unranked at ww
Jmm (again)unranked at ww
Bradley has one of the best resumes in the sport and is undefeated.

He is a better fighter than Hatton ever was.

JMM already gave Pac the hardest fights of his career and he's ranked in the top 5 PFP.

Pacquaio fights PFP fighters.

Floyd fights bull**** fighters with guys that are ranked when they haven't done anything or proven anything.

Who has Guererro beat? LOL?

Berto?

Who has Berto beat? Maybe Floyd should fight Collazo.

LOL.

ROACH is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #7009
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

Quote:
Bradley has one of the best resumes in the sport and is undefeated.

He is a better fighter than Hatton ever was.

JMM already gave Pac the hardest fights of his career and he's ranked in the top 5 PFP.

Pacquaio fights PFP fighters.

Floyd fights bull**** fighters with guys that are ranked when they haven't done anything or proven anything.

Who has Guererro beat? LOL?

Berto?

Who has Berto beat? Maybe Floyd should fight Collazo.

LOL.

manny fights p4p fighters???lmfao Floyd beat #2 Jmm and #3 shane back to back..what the hell are you talking about? this isnt even up for debate since 2009 floyds resume ****s on mannys i posted facts you are posting babbling garbage....

Jmm-#2 p4p
shane-#3 p4p and wba ww champ and #1 ww
ortiz-#2 ww and wbc champ
Cotto-#1 154 fighter and wba champ

show me 1 damn current ww champ manny has faced since 2009..show me 1 damn top ranked ww he has faced since 2009
Old 11-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #7010
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
manny fights p4p fighters???lmfao Floyd beat #2 Jmm and #3 shane back to back..what the hell are you talking about? this isnt even up for debate since 2009 floyds resume ****s on mannys i posted facts you are posting babbling garbage....

Jmm-#2 p4p
shane-#3 p4p and wba ww champ and #1 ww
ortiz-#2 ww and wbc champ
Cotto-#1 154 fighter and wba champ

show me 1 damn current ww champ manny has faced since 2009..show me 1 damn top ranked ww he has faced since 2009
The same JMM that Floyd had to cheat on the scales and couldn't even make a fair fight against a tiny dude?

I have no problem with Shane.

The same Ortiz who got the **** beat outta him by Maidana and Peterson? The same Maidana who got dominated by Alexander who got dominated by Bradley? And the same Peterson that got dominated by Bradley?

Really, Floyd was just fighting Bradley's left overs.

And Cotto?

The same Cotto that got a beating of a lifetime against Pacquaio almost half a decade ago?

That Cotto?
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #7011
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

Quote:
The same JMM that Floyd had to cheat on the scales and couldn't even make a fair fight against a tiny dude?

I have no problem with Shane.

The same Ortiz who got the **** beat outta him by Maidana and Peterson? The same Maidana who got dominated by Alexander who got dominated by Bradley? And the same Peterson that got dominated by Bradley?

Really, Floyd was just fighting Bradley's left overs.

And Cotto?

The same Cotto that got a beating of a lifetime against Pacquaio almost half a decade ago?

That Cotto?
ok now i see you are straight up trolling
Old 11-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #7012
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
ok now i see you are straight up trolling
Uh, what did I say that was a lie?
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #7013
Skilletscuz
mma champ Ronda Rousey
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

another thread clean-up by IB!!!

"Clean-up in aisle 6!"
Skilletscuz is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #7014
DEFoverOFE99%
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
didnt floyd dominate the guy manny is about to fight again?
Hallelujah and even after said domination by floyd he still imho went own to beat pac witch is why there is a 4th fight yet Despite this FACT there is still droves of people that honestly think pac has a real chance against $MAY now IM sure one of you pactards is going to say styles make fights blah blah blah so OK yes I agree styles make fights so lets break it down super simple so even you pactards that are blinder with a load of Pacquaio's cum can understand it
mayweather is a bigger faster stronger more technically sound version of marquez with a vastly superior defense so with that said how do you think pac is going to match up to that "style"?
DEFoverOFE99% is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #7015
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFoverOFE99% View Post
Hallelujah and even after said domination by floyd he still imho went own to beat pac witch is why there is a 4th fight yet Despite this FACT there is still droves of people that honestly think pac has a real chance against $MAY now IM sure one of you pactards is going to say styles make fights blah blah blah so OK yes I agree styles make fights so lets break it down super simple so even you pactards that are blinder with a load of Pacquaio's cum can understand it
mayweather is a bigger faster stronger more technically sound version of marquez with a vastly superior defense so with that said how do you think pac is going to match up to that "style"?

Mayweather doesn't have the same style as Marquez.

WTF are you talking about?

You do realize that there are different types of counterpunchers, don't you?

Uh...does Bernard Hopkins have the same style as James Toney?

They're both counterpunchers. They must be the same.

I'm about to go Sesame Street on your ass and take you back to the basics.

You know where they got two fire hats and a police hat. Something is not like the other. Do you know which?
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #7016
BagsWithDust
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Mayweather doesn't have the same style as Marquez.

WTF are you talking about?

You do realize that there are different types of counterpunchers, don't you?

Uh...does Bernard Hopkins have the same style as James Toney?

They're both counterpunchers. They must be the same.

I'm about to go Sesame Street on your ass and take you back to the basics.

You know where they got two fire hats and a police hat. Something is not like the other. Do you know which?
I think what that guy is trying to say is that Pacquiao seems to struggle with counter punchers/boxers (marquez for instance) so hypothetically his arguement is saying that if you put pacquiao in with counterpuncher like floyd who is much more versatile, has more tricks up his sleeve, faster, stronger, bigger and smarter, then you will see pacquiao struggle more!
BagsWithDust is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #7017
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagsWithDust View Post
I think what that guy is trying to say is that Pacquiao seems to struggle with counter punchers/boxers (marquez for instance) so hypothetically his arguement is saying that if you put pacquiao in with counterpuncher like floyd who is much more versatile, has more tricks up his sleeve, faster, stronger, bigger and smarter, then you will see pacquiao struggle more!
My point is, James Toney is relatively stationary, while Bernard Hopkins uses his legs a great deal, so what you're saying doesn't make any sense because they are different fighters.

Garcia is also a counterpuncher. Martinez is a counterpuncher. Is Garcia anything like Martinez?

Do they have the same strengths and weaknesses?

Of course not, right?
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #7018
BagsWithDust
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
My point is, James Toney is relatively stationary, while Bernard Hopkins uses his legs a great deal, so what you're saying doesn't make any sense because they are different fighters.

Garcia is also a counterpuncher. Martinez is a counterpuncher. Is Garcia anything like Martinez?

Do they have the same strengths and weaknesses?

Of course not, right?
I see where you are coming from and i can definitely agree with fighters with same boxing style each apply it differently. Just in this case personally, and this is just my opinion, i think pacquiao would struggle with mayweather
BagsWithDust is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #7019
DEFoverOFE99%
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagsWithDust View Post

I was simply trying to say that if pac has a hard time with a counter puncher/boxer of Marquez's caliber how is he going to stand a chance against $may who dose every thing marquez dose but better is one of the best if not the best ring adjuster of all time (arguably highest ring IQ of all time) and if that's not enough has a VASTLY SUPERIOR DEFENSE compared to marquez ????????????????
DEFoverOFE99% is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #7020
Braindamage
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

As far as I'm concerned they both missed the window of opportunity with this fight. 2 years ago this would have been the biggest fight in the history of all combat sports. Now , even if the fight happens, the concensous will be that the fight should have happened a long time ago. The fight is further diminished due to the fact the Manny lost to Bradely(we know the real story about that), but still it tarnishes a huge and important event.
Braindamage is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum