Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 333 48.19%
Disagree 358 51.81%
Voters: 691. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #6151
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MEMPHIS,TENN HOME OF THE FIRST 48
Posts: 5,032
vCash: 571251
Default Re: People talk bad about Pacquaio's competition, yet say Mayweather fights the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Bradley has one of the best resumes in the sport and is undefeated.

He is a better fighter than Hatton ever was.

JMM already gave Pac the hardest fights of his career and he's ranked in the top 5 PFP.

Pacquaio fights PFP fighters.

Floyd fights bullshit fighters with guys that are ranked when they haven't done anything or proven anything.

Who has Guererro beat? LOL?

Berto?

Who has Berto beat? Maybe Floyd should fight Collazo.

LOL.

manny fights p4p fighters???lmfao Floyd beat #2 Jmm and #3 shane back to back..what the hell are you talking about? this isnt even up for debate since 2009 floyds resume shits on mannys i posted facts you are posting babbling garbage....


Jmm-#2 p4p
shane-#3 p4p and wba ww champ and #1 ww
ortiz-#2 ww and wbc champ
Cotto-#1 154 fighter and wba champ


show me 1 damn current ww champ manny has faced since 2009..show me 1 damn top ranked ww he has faced since 2009
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #6152
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Default Re: People talk bad about Pacquaio's competition, yet say Mayweather fights the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
manny fights p4p fighters???lmfao Floyd beat #2 Jmm and #3 shane back to back..what the hell are you talking about? this isnt even up for debate since 2009 floyds resume shits on mannys i posted facts you are posting babbling garbage....


Jmm-#2 p4p
shane-#3 p4p and wba ww champ and #1 ww
ortiz-#2 ww and wbc champ
Cotto-#1 154 fighter and wba champ


show me 1 damn current ww champ manny has faced since 2009..show me 1 damn top ranked ww he has faced since 2009
The same JMM that Floyd had to cheat on the scales and couldn't even make a fair fight against a tiny dude?

I have no problem with Shane.

The same Ortiz who got the **** beat outta him by Maidana and Peterson? The same Maidana who got dominated by Alexander who got dominated by Bradley? And the same Peterson that got dominated by Bradley?

Really, Floyd was just fighting Bradley's left overs.

And Cotto?

The same Cotto that got a beating of a lifetime against Pacquaio almost half a decade ago?

That Cotto?
ROACH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #6153
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MEMPHIS,TENN HOME OF THE FIRST 48
Posts: 5,032
vCash: 571251
Default Re: People talk bad about Pacquaio's competition, yet say Mayweather fights the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
The same JMM that Floyd had to cheat on the scales and couldn't even make a fair fight against a tiny dude?

I have no problem with Shane.

The same Ortiz who got the **** beat outta him by Maidana and Peterson? The same Maidana who got dominated by Alexander who got dominated by Bradley? And the same Peterson that got dominated by Bradley?

Really, Floyd was just fighting Bradley's left overs.

And Cotto?

The same Cotto that got a beating of a lifetime against Pacquaio almost half a decade ago?

That Cotto?
ok now i see you are straight up trolling
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #6154
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Default Re: People talk bad about Pacquaio's competition, yet say Mayweather fights the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
ok now i see you are straight up trolling
Uh, what did I say that was a lie?
ROACH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #6155
Skilletscuz
mma champ Ronda Rousey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fighting emo retards with logic
Posts: 2,781
vCash: 75
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

another thread clean-up by IB!!!

"Clean-up in aisle 6!"
Skilletscuz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #6156
DEFoverOFE99%
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 399
vCash: 75
Default Re: People talk bad about Pacquaio's competition, yet say Mayweather fights the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
didnt floyd dominate the guy manny is about to fight again?
Hallelujah and even after said domination by floyd he still imho went own to beat pac witch is why there is a 4th fight yet Despite this FACT there is still droves of people that honestly think pac has a real chance against $MAY now IM sure one of you pactards is going to say styles make fights blah blah blah so OK yes I agree styles make fights so lets break it down super simple so even you pactards that are blinder with a load of Pacquaio's cum can understand it
mayweather is a bigger faster stronger more technically sound version of marquez with a vastly superior defense so with that said how do you think pac is going to match up to that "style"?
DEFoverOFE99% is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #6157
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Default Re: People talk bad about Pacquaio's competition, yet say Mayweather fights the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFoverOFE99% View Post
Hallelujah and even after said domination by floyd he still imho went own to beat pac witch is why there is a 4th fight yet Despite this FACT there is still droves of people that honestly think pac has a real chance against $MAY now IM sure one of you pactards is going to say styles make fights blah blah blah so OK yes I agree styles make fights so lets break it down super simple so even you pactards that are blinder with a load of Pacquaio's cum can understand it
mayweather is a bigger faster stronger more technically sound version of marquez with a vastly superior defense so with that said how do you think pac is going to match up to that "style"?

Mayweather doesn't have the same style as Marquez.

WTF are you talking about?

You do realize that there are different types of counterpunchers, don't you?

Uh...does Bernard Hopkins have the same style as James Toney?

They're both counterpunchers. They must be the same.

I'm about to go Sesame Street on your ass and take you back to the basics.

You know where they got two fire hats and a police hat. Something is not like the other. Do you know which?
ROACH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #6158
BagsWithDust
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Default Re: People talk bad about Pacquaio's competition, yet say Mayweather fights the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Mayweather doesn't have the same style as Marquez.

WTF are you talking about?

You do realize that there are different types of counterpunchers, don't you?

Uh...does Bernard Hopkins have the same style as James Toney?

They're both counterpunchers. They must be the same.

I'm about to go Sesame Street on your ass and take you back to the basics.

You know where they got two fire hats and a police hat. Something is not like the other. Do you know which?
I think what that guy is trying to say is that Pacquiao seems to struggle with counter punchers/boxers (marquez for instance) so hypothetically his arguement is saying that if you put pacquiao in with counterpuncher like floyd who is much more versatile, has more tricks up his sleeve, faster, stronger, bigger and smarter, then you will see pacquiao struggle more!
BagsWithDust is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #6159
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Default Re: People talk bad about Pacquaio's competition, yet say Mayweather fights the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagsWithDust View Post
I think what that guy is trying to say is that Pacquiao seems to struggle with counter punchers/boxers (marquez for instance) so hypothetically his arguement is saying that if you put pacquiao in with counterpuncher like floyd who is much more versatile, has more tricks up his sleeve, faster, stronger, bigger and smarter, then you will see pacquiao struggle more!
My point is, James Toney is relatively stationary, while Bernard Hopkins uses his legs a great deal, so what you're saying doesn't make any sense because they are different fighters.

Garcia is also a counterpuncher. Martinez is a counterpuncher. Is Garcia anything like Martinez?

Do they have the same strengths and weaknesses?

Of course not, right?
ROACH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #6160
BagsWithDust
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Default Re: People talk bad about Pacquaio's competition, yet say Mayweather fights the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
My point is, James Toney is relatively stationary, while Bernard Hopkins uses his legs a great deal, so what you're saying doesn't make any sense because they are different fighters.

Garcia is also a counterpuncher. Martinez is a counterpuncher. Is Garcia anything like Martinez?

Do they have the same strengths and weaknesses?

Of course not, right?
I see where you are coming from and i can definitely agree with fighters with same boxing style each apply it differently. Just in this case personally, and this is just my opinion, i think pacquiao would struggle with mayweather
BagsWithDust is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #6161
DEFoverOFE99%
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 399
vCash: 75
Default Re: People talk bad about Pacquaio's competition, yet say Mayweather fights the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagsWithDust View Post
I think what that guy is trying to say is that Pacquiao seems to struggle with counter punchers/boxers (marquez for instance) so hypothetically his arguement is saying that if you put pacquiao in with counterpuncher like floyd who is much more versatile, has more tricks up his sleeve, faster, stronger, bigger and smarter, then you will see pacquiao struggle more!


I was simply trying to say that if pac has a hard time with a counter puncher/boxer of Marquez's caliber how is he going to stand a chance against $may who dose every thing marquez dose but better is one of the best if not the best ring adjuster of all time (arguably highest ring IQ of all time) and if that's not enough has a VASTLY SUPERIOR DEFENSE compared to marquez ????????????????
DEFoverOFE99% is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #6162
Braindamage
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

As far as I'm concerned they both missed the window of opportunity with this fight. 2 years ago this would have been the biggest fight in the history of all combat sports. Now , even if the fight happens, the concensous will be that the fight should have happened a long time ago. The fight is further diminished due to the fact the Manny lost to Bradely(we know the real story about that), but still it tarnishes a huge and important event.
Braindamage is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #6163
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Default Re: People talk bad about Pacquaio's competition, yet say Mayweather fights the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFoverOFE99% View Post


I was simply trying to say that if pac has a hard time with a counter puncher/boxer of Marquez's caliber how is he going to stand a chance against $may who dose every thing marquez dose but better is one of the best if not the best ring adjuster of all time (arguably highest ring IQ of all time) and if that's not enough has a VASTLY SUPERIOR DEFENSE compared to marquez ????????????????
You have a very limited understanding of what is actually going on inside the ring.
ROACH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #6164
BagsWithDust
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braindamage View Post
As far as I'm concerned they both missed the window of opportunity with this fight. 2 years ago this would have been the biggest fight in the history of all combat sports. Now , even if the fight happens, the concensous will be that the fight should have happened a long time ago. The fight is further diminished due to the fact the Manny lost to Bradely(we know the real story about that), but still it tarnishes a huge and important event.
I agree, the fight should of happened in 2009 when they both were fighting well
BagsWithDust is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #6165
qwert
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,202
vCash: 880
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

Floyd is so scared of Pacquiao he created a dug testing regime to avoid fighting him.

'We're cleaning up boxing'



It must be hard being a Floyd fan knowing your hero is scurred. But it's cool, Floyd will retire undeafeated, until he goes broke betting on NFL and comes out of retirement in 2018 to get KOed by Broner or some other dude.
qwert is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013