Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #31
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 719
Default Re: Arum turns down Schaefer's Offer for Donaire-Mares and Matthysse-Rios

Dumb move by Arum, what's his problem, doesnt he have enough money?
dangerousity is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #32
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160
Default Re: Arum turns down Schaefer's Offer for Donaire-Mares and Matthysse-Rios

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I knew Hermit would show
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #33
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousity View Post
Dumb move by Arum, what's his problem, doesnt he have enough money?
Arum doesn't give a **** about money any more, he cares more about not letting other people "win". He doesn't let anything happen unless he's guaranteed to "win". If he'll lose 8 dollars but someone else will lose 20 he's happy because he won.
Atlanta is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #34
younghov2k4
R.I.P. Thunder, Viper
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

not that it really needs to be said but this shows why we wont ever see Pacquiao vs Mayweather.
younghov2k4 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #35
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I knew Hermit would show
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Cha Ching!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
WOW. Like it is a surprise you guys are in this thread. All ignoring my point. Still no link, still no figures given yet you are here to hate on Arum?
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #36
Kampioni
Good Boy
ESB Addict

vCash: 684

****ing scum
Kampioni is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #37
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 3571

Article Link - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to ***********.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Luis Sandoval

Two weeks ago I spoke to Bob Arum regarding a possible Abner Mares vs. Nonito Donaire showdown that would require both Golden Boy Promotions and Top Rank to have to work together to make the fight happen. Arum revealed he had no interest in doing any regular co-promotion with Golden Boy and would instead be willing to offer them a sum of money for the services of Mares.

A couple days later, Rick Reeno spoke to Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer who heard Arum’s comments. Schaefer extended a proposal to Top Rank where they would step aside and let Top Rank handle the promotion for Mares-Donaire only if Top Rank would be willing to step aside and let Golden Boy promote a Lucas Matthysse-Brandon Rios fight.

*********** spoke with Bob Arum and relayed Schaefer’s proposal which Arum shot down and appeared not to be willing to even entertain the thought.

“It's not major league baseball. We don't trade fighters! You trade baseball players, you don't trade fighters. This guy knows nothing about the sport of boxing” Arum would tell ***********.

As I tried to ask a follow up question, Vice President of Boxing Operations for Top Rank Carl Moretti intervened and asked that I stop asking Golden Boy related questions.

From the looks of it, there has been absolutely no progress in Golden Boy and Top Rank finding a middle ground to be able to work together again.
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #38
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
WOW. Like it is a surprise you guys are in this thread. All ignoring my point. Still no link, still no figures given yet you are here to hate on Arum?
You are something else...This is the same old son of a bitch that was caught bribing officials and somehow we're suppose to applaud this old hag?? Now he's blocking a good bout and this is what you have to say???

If that makes me a hater so be it...I'm not in the minority when I say Arum needs to get the hell out of boxing.
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #39
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Arum wants to save Rios for Pac, he knows Matthysse will end his hype once and for all
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #40
SweatPea
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Link with the figures involved or you are a dick eating troll.
you Arum loving faggot! why do your panties get in a bunch when something is said about Arum? you related to him or something?
SweatPea is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #41
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
You are something else...This is the same old son of a bitch that was caught bribing officials and somehow we're suppose to applaud this old hag?? Now he's blocking a good bout and this is what you have to say???

If that makes me a hater so be it...I'm not in the minority when I say Arum needs to get the hell out of boxing.
First, the votes here on ESB mean nothing. Get over yourself. So while Oscar is out snorting coke and being a transvestite Bob is turning down his GREAT offers? Yeah, that means it is on Arum. At least in your world I guess.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #42
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweatPea View Post
you Arum loving faggot! why do your panties get in a bunch when something is said about Arum? you related to him or something?
Just cuz I'm not taking Oscar's tranny dick up my axe like you? OK. Make sense to the truly stupid I guess. You faggots aren't even in this argument until you can produce figures and you can't do that.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #43
benebox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

I would be upset if this wasn't obviously the case from the begining.
benebox is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #44
miniq
神風
East Side Guru

Don't worry guys... Arum only has a few years left in him..
miniq is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #45
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Just cuz I'm not taking Oscar's tranny dick up my axe like you? OK. Make sense to the truly stupid I guess. You faggots aren't even in this argument until you can produce figures and you can't do that.
The article was linked and copied above, not sure why you are standing by this take.
Reppin501 is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum