Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #31
HeavyPuncha
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Roach "Strength trainers are bulls**t"

You guys are a bunch of ****ing idiots. You fall for this? It's called ****ing PROMOTION.
HeavyPuncha is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #32
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousity View Post
Are you the chef or S&C coach for Klitschko's?

In your opinion, would Klitschko's be as successful without the modern training tools incorporated into their training, ie weights, nutrition science? So if they had just stuck to good old fashion training, sit ups, pushups, running etc.
Chef/Nutritionist plus Training camp manager and strength and conditioning during the first 2 weeks of camp and then maintenance during camp. I wear a lot of hats in camp

I still feel some of the "old school" stuff works, but modern training has really made athletes stronger, faster and just better athletes.... and not just boxing... the biggest change i made with wlad was I got him swimming instead of the long long running like a horse in the hills.

Wlad still does running movements in the ring, but with his size, the swimming has been much more affective for cardio and overall full body workout with NO back, hip, knee, ankle, or foot pain that a guy 6'5'' 245lb would normally get from jogging
CHEF is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #33
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF View Post
In my 8 years with the Klitschko brothers I have found much of it has to do with the boxer feeling comfortable. Obviously Manny is comfortable and wants Ariza to be around so things feel the same....I guess the extra work with Ariza is secondary....

boxers like familiarity ...and thats what Ariza brings
For sure. Ariza and Manny are clearly very friendly, and if having him around helps Pacquiao's state of mind it can only be a good thing.

That said, Ariza clearly states in the video that they've stopped S&C in recent fights, and doesn't mention a reason. It just seems odd to change something that helped propel him to the top of the P4P rankings. There's been a noticable decline in his last 3 fights, and it's those 3 fights that he hasn't done S&C. For someone so reliant on their physical abilities, it makes zero sense to me.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #34
timeout
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF View Post
Chef/Nutritionist plus Training camp manager and strength and conditioning during the first 2 weeks of camp and then maintenance during camp. I wear a lot of hats in camp

I still feel some of the "old school" stuff works, but modern training has really made athletes stronger, faster and just better athletes.... and not just boxing... the biggest change i made with wlad was I got him swimming instead of the long long running like a horse in the hills.

Wlad still does running movements in the ring, but with his size, the swimming has been much more affective for cardio and overall full body workout with NO back, hip, knee, ankle, or foot pain that a guy 6'5'' 245lb would normally get from jogging
First rate input chef! Tnx bro!
timeout is online now  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #35
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeout View Post
First rate input chef! Tnx bro!

Wladimir was widely viewed as having stamina problems early on in his career, but they've clearly been addressed. He's had late stoppage after late stoppage, so CHEF's work has clearly been effective. That's a compliment to him, despite me not being a big fan of the Klit's in the ring (although i respect Wlad greatly).

It's very, very interesting and informative to have people on here who are directly involved in the sport.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #36
evalistinho
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5461

I really cant see how a strength and conditioning can hurt you. It is definitely a plus to have.
evalistinho is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #37
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
For sure. Ariza and Manny are clearly very friendly, and if having him around helps Pacquiao's state of mind it can only be a good thing.

That said, Ariza clearly states in the video that they've stopped S&C in recent fights, and doesn't mention a reason. It just seems odd to change something that helped propel him to the top of the P4P rankings. There's been a noticable decline in his last 3 fights, and it's those 3 fights that he hasn't done S&C. For someone so reliant on their physical abilities, it makes zero sense to me.
You've got to be very nieve to believe everything that comes out of that camps mouth.
There is absolutely now way Ariza is still in camp with Pacquiao just to stretch him. Thats ridiculous.

They've stopped S&C and Ariza is still around? Bull!

I can certainly believe that Pacquiao may have put a halt to certain extreme aspects of Ariza's regimen's, but I doubt he's going to cut the program altogether and still have him around.

Whats coming out of that camps mouth is not the truth.
Freddie Roach has complimented Ariza's methods in the past and he's opened the doors for his very own fighters to also work with Ariza, Khan and Chavez Jr. being prime examples.

This is nonsense that Ariza is no longer doing S&C with Pacquiao.
Complete and utter nonsense!
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #38
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
I might be heavily biased on the matter, but why have a S&C expert in your camp if your not going to use him?

Manny is a fighter who's success has been strongly based on his physical gifts and his conditioning. It makes no sense to me whatsoever to not maximise his S&C. It's not as if you can't do both S&C and boxing in camp. The boxing part of training, practising little moves here and there, certain combinations, tactics, feints, foot position etc doesn't have to take up too much energy, so there's no excuse for it.

I didn't know that Manny had stopped S&C, but it'd certainly explain why he's gone from throwing ridiculous amounts of punches non stop per round to a fighter who fights in bursts only. Very strange decision. I knew there was beef between Roach and Ariza so maybe Manny and Freddie have compromised on him - Ariza gets to stick around as a 'friend' for Manny, but Manny doesn't work on S&C with him. Big mistake imo.

Strength and conditioning is a MASSIVE part of boxing and experts in this field are a vital part of a fighters team.
Boxalot is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum