Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
ElTrigueno
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Hector Macho Camacho

To me, the guy was a great Puerto Rican champion....but ESB, let's be realistic right now. If Macho was fighting right now, you know it would be full of people callin him a runner due to his defensive style, and not standing in one spot when he fights. Before his sudden passing, when was the last time we even heard his name mentioned on an HBO fight or Showtime fight?

I know there are some real true Macho fans, and ones that respect his style because it did win fights, and his personality was bright, and kind of drew you to the tv.
ElTrigueno is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571
Default Re: Hector Macho Camacho

Tis true. Im a fan of Macho, but even I admit post Rosario he turned into a running clinching 5 punch a round fighter. The fact he still had a couple of big wins in this style shows how great he could have become.

Against Vinny Pazienza he was throwing and snapping punches and getting in and out like a prime Pacquiao.

130 Camacho looked like a force nature

After Rosario he was a cure for insomnia.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I always felt that if Macho had the dedication and attitude of someone like Floyd to go with that talent we would be talking about an undoubted ATG.
Sadly though,he didn't and we're not.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Sorry.Deleting double post.

Last edited by PityTheFool; 11-29-2012 at 08:18 PM.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #5
ElTrigueno
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I always felt that if Macho had the dedication and attitude of someone like Floyd to go with that talent we would be talking about an undoubted ATG.
Yes, if the guy had 1 positive influence that would just keep his head on straight, I'm sure things would have been different, but hey, temptations get to people.
ElTrigueno is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
Blackness
Danny Garcia Beat You...
ESB Senior Member

His ex wife said he never trained for his fights...
Blackness is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I think another weakness besides his outside-the-ring issues was also that he had a tendency to go into survival mode.

Speaking of Mayweather, that's why I favor Floyd over Camacho at 130 and 135. Camacho was uber-talented, faster than Floyd, good skills himself, but I think Floyd is more resourceful and has more desire to win. Floyd would start landing, and Camacho would be too defensive and go into a shell.

I think that's a weakness that Camacho had that had nothing to do with drugs or laziness in training.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #8
KingBenny
The maverick Judge
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganwarrior View Post
tis true. Im a fan of macho, but even i admit post rosario he turned into a running clinching 5 punch a round fighter. The fact he still had a couple of big wins in this style shows how great he could have become.

Against vinny pazienza he was throwing and snapping punches and getting in and out like a prime pacquiao.

130 camacho looked like a force nature

after rosario he was a cure for insomnia.
+1
KingBenny is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #9
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

His talent and speed were ridiculous. He wasn't just fast with his hands and feet, but he was a fluid boxer too.

People always talk about Meldrick Taylor's speed and combos. Yes, he was extremely fast, but I'm more impressed with Camacho's speed. Taylor so often through quick arm flurries. Camacho could load up on shots and still do it extremely fast. Howard Davis was fast as hell too, and Camacho was certainly faster than him when they fought.

Camacho might have had the fastest hands of anyone not from Pensacola.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TFsEM4vXxY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1kf_FkkaYM[/ame]
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #10
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTrigueno View Post
To me, the guy was a great Puerto Rican champion....but ESB, let's be realistic right now. If Macho was fighting right now, you know it would be full of people callin him a runner due to his defensive style, and not standing in one spot when he fights. Before his sudden passing, when was the last time we even heard his name mentioned on an HBO fight or Showtime fight?

I know there are some real true Macho fans, and ones that respect his style because it did win fights, and his personality was bright, and kind of drew you to the tv.
well he isnt fighting in this era and youre right, these forum posters would trash muhammad ali for his distance fights and not stopping more opponents at the end of his career like norton, shavers, ect.
but Macho has 88 fights...thats automatic old school shit right there, not even taking into account his legit title fights and wins when there was 1 or 2 champs per weight and not 8 champs per division like now after Toney who has about that many fights, no one else will do that anymore...you got clowns now who are 32 years old with 18 fights and only fight when they have to not because they like it.
camacho is an ATG , no doubt
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
ayala
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTrigueno View Post

have you watch any of Camacho fights before the Rosario fight? If so you wouldn't be calling him a runner. What Camacho is he is a pure boxer that knew how to use his legs
ayala is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #12
Ricky369
Belt holder
ESB Addict

One thing I just thought about and most people don't know. Camacho also knew Tae Kwon do. Too bad there was not UFC back then
Ricky369 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #13
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky369 View Post
One thing I just thought about and most people don't know. Camacho also knew Tae Kwon do. Too bad there was not UFC back then
Really? How long did he train for? Any idea on what belt he made it up to?
Atritionist is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum