Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #91
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Arum turns down Schaefer's Offer for Donaire-Mares and Matthysse-Rios

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
IDK why that is even being discussed.

yes Donaire has a fight coming up, but all Oscar said is he wanted to make the fight happen with Mares.
Arum was the first person to come out and make an offer about the fight (despite Donaire having a fight scheduled). Arum's offer of course was that he'd pay Mares himself w/o GBP being involved in the fight.

Now this wasn't an offer by Oscar, it was an offer from Arum which throws the whole argument out the window.

Oscar's offer for Rios was just in response to Arum's.
You know Lance has to defend his grandpa Arum. Arum is the one who pays him so that he can cook his meth.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #92
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arum turns down Schaefer's Offer for Donaire-Mares and Matthysse-Rios

Quote:
because Arum asked Oscar to do the same thing, so Oscar just made a counter offer that was of equal value
This all started with Mayweather thinking he could go behind Arum's back and make a fight with Pac and somehow cut Arum out of the promotion. This is so transparent tit for tat yet you guys don't see it. Same as when he said Mares would have to leave GBP to fight Donaire. Tit for tat for May saying that Pac would have to leave Arum or he wouldn't make the fight. You guys only see one side of this. Funny stuff really from Arum.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #93
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
I'm tired of idiots putting up hate threads. There is nothing in that article that puts the blame on anyone. I tread on idiots. I don't care if they think they can out vote me. That doesn't make them any less stupid. They have NO FACTS here. NONE yet they make a case?
The only idiot here is you. Keep defending the major downfall of the sport. You my friend are a true fan.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #94
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
You know Lance has to defend his grandpa Arum. Arum is the one who pays him so that he can cook his meth.
that must be it. I know Hermit gets a big check from Arum as you can see below

Quote:
This all started with Mayweather thinking he could go behind Arum's back and make a fight with Pac and somehow cut Arum out of the promotion. This is so transparent tit for tat yet you guys don't see it. Same as when he said Mares would have to leave GBP to fight Donaire. Tit for tat for May saying that Pac would have to leave Arum or he wouldn't make the fight. You guys only see one side of this. Funny stuff really from Arum.
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #95
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by casian72 View Post
Hey Lance although I usually dont agree with you, I do respect you as a poster.
So I am surprised that you would in any way shape or form try to find justification for the actions of Arum. Even if Donaire has a fight coming up if Arum really wanted the fight he could of said "Lets hold off for the result of his next fight then we will talk". But he just plain out refused and used the excuse that boxers are not like baseball players that can be traded. That itself is irrefutable evidence that Arum will only deal if he has complete control and can **** GBP. Arum is a bane on boxing.
These guys say Arum ALWAYS lies. Then the turn around and decide to take him at his word when it suits their purpose. This is just trying to bitch slap stupid people upside the head with logic. Never works though. See my posts above. GBP declared war by starting to put promotions up against TR PPV's. If you think GBP are saints then you are as big a fool as the rest of them.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #96
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
that must be it. I know Hermit gets a big check from Arum as you can see below
So, ya got nothing. Sad shit really.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #97
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
The only idiot here is you. Keep defending the major downfall of the sport. You my friend are a true fan.
Major downfall of the sport?

My aren't you the important one.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #98
klimting
????
ESB Senior Member

Arum is just a green-eyed bandit.
He's responsible for so many good fights not being made.
Does my ****ing head in.
klimting is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #99
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
IDK why that is even being discussed.

yes Donaire has a fight coming up, but all Oscar said is he wanted to make the fight happen with Mares.
Arum was the first person to come out and make an offer about the fight (despite Donaire having a fight scheduled). Arum's offer of course was that he'd pay Mares himself w/o GBP being involved in the fight.

Now this wasn't an offer by Oscar, it was an offer from Arum which throws the whole argument out the window.

Oscar's offer for Rios was just in response to Arum's.
So, Oscar makes an offer on a fighter that Arum says is lined up for a big payday with Pac and you consider it a serious offer? REALLY?
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #100
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
So Arum MUST make plans for this next fight ASAP, even before Donaire's own upcoming bout happens? For ****'s sake, do you think things through first? Chill out man, take your Adderalll and just wait a little.
No one is saying he should have signed to fight today but he made it clear its not going to happen. Are you that stupid to think after Donaire kills Arce, Bob is gonna go home and say "gee I think I'll take gbp up on that trade offer or at least try and working something out".

CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #101
Higher Animal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

So if Arum has a Donaire-Rigondeux fight in the future and a Rios-Pacquiao fight in the future that could be on the same card, why in the ****** would he go after this matchup?

It's interesting that Bob Arum gets blamed for ruining boxing by following economic self interest, which he in part has to give to his fighters. Nobody questions Golden Boy's comical decision to put on a show against Martinez-Chavez Jr. full of GBP fighters but when GBP announces that Bob Arum is uninterested in a fight, without evidence dickriders jump to the conclusion that Arum is ruining boxing.

Here's what's ruining boxing: Stupid people. Stop being stupid and boxing will improve, with or without Bob Arum.
Higher Animal is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #102
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 233

Quote:
Quote:
So, ya got nothing. Sad shit really.
ok I'll answer you since you seem to be upset. Lets for the sake of argument say Oscar hurt Arum's delicate feelings 2 years ago. So what?

Oscar went out and is trying to make a big fight all fans want to see. Arum gave him some bullshit terms for the fight. Oscar agreed on the conditions that he'd get to pay Rios to fight Matthysse w/o TR's involvement.

That response from Oscar wasn't him trying to piss Arum off or get back at him. It was him trying to compromise.

Quote:
So, Oscar makes an offer on a fighter that Arum says is lined up for a big payday with Pac and you consider it a serious offer? REALLY?
man you're such a stan
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #103
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

BoB Father lays down the LAW. Bless him!! yEAH, bOB PIMP sLAP sHAECFER LOko!
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #104
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

Quote:
And you call yourself a boxing fan? Yeah its really funny. You know what would be hilarious? If Arum died while you were blowing him and then you choked to death on his rigormortis ****.

Fake as fan. I hope Pavlik goes on another drunken bender a week before the Ward fight and wraps his car around a telephone pole at high speed.

THAT would be funny.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #105
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

Quote:
These guys say Arum ALWAYS lies. Then the turn around and decide to take him at his word when it suits their purpose. This is just trying to bitch slap stupid people upside the head with logic. Never works though. See my posts above. GBP declared war by starting to put promotions up against TR PPV's. If you think GBP are saints then you are as big a fool as the rest of them.
Now you are gonna act like there have never been fights on at the same time before? And that now your defense. You suck at life.
CASH_718 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum