Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 356 48.04%
Disagree 385 51.96%
Voters: 741. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #6706
Skilletscuz
mma champ Ronda Rousey
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

another thread clean-up by IB!!!

"Clean-up in aisle 6!"
Skilletscuz is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #6707
DEFoverOFE99%
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: People talk bad about Pacquaio's competition, yet say Mayweather fights the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
didnt floyd dominate the guy manny is about to fight again?
Hallelujah and even after said domination by floyd he still imho went own to beat pac witch is why there is a 4th fight yet Despite this FACT there is still droves of people that honestly think pac has a real chance against $MAY now IM sure one of you pactards is going to say styles make fights blah blah blah so OK yes I agree styles make fights so lets break it down super simple so even you pactards that are blinder with a load of Pacquaio's cum can understand it
mayweather is a bigger faster stronger more technically sound version of marquez with a vastly superior defense so with that said how do you think pac is going to match up to that "style"?
DEFoverOFE99% is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #6708
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: People talk bad about Pacquaio's competition, yet say Mayweather fights the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFoverOFE99% View Post
Hallelujah and even after said domination by floyd he still imho went own to beat pac witch is why there is a 4th fight yet Despite this FACT there is still droves of people that honestly think pac has a real chance against $MAY now IM sure one of you pactards is going to say styles make fights blah blah blah so OK yes I agree styles make fights so lets break it down super simple so even you pactards that are blinder with a load of Pacquaio's cum can understand it
mayweather is a bigger faster stronger more technically sound version of marquez with a vastly superior defense so with that said how do you think pac is going to match up to that "style"?

Mayweather doesn't have the same style as Marquez.

WTF are you talking about?

You do realize that there are different types of counterpunchers, don't you?

Uh...does Bernard Hopkins have the same style as James Toney?

They're both counterpunchers. They must be the same.

I'm about to go Sesame Street on your ass and take you back to the basics.

You know where they got two fire hats and a police hat. Something is not like the other. Do you know which?
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #6709
BagsWithDust
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Mayweather doesn't have the same style as Marquez.

WTF are you talking about?

You do realize that there are different types of counterpunchers, don't you?

Uh...does Bernard Hopkins have the same style as James Toney?

They're both counterpunchers. They must be the same.

I'm about to go Sesame Street on your ass and take you back to the basics.

You know where they got two fire hats and a police hat. Something is not like the other. Do you know which?
I think what that guy is trying to say is that Pacquiao seems to struggle with counter punchers/boxers (marquez for instance) so hypothetically his arguement is saying that if you put pacquiao in with counterpuncher like floyd who is much more versatile, has more tricks up his sleeve, faster, stronger, bigger and smarter, then you will see pacquiao struggle more!
BagsWithDust is online now  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #6710
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagsWithDust View Post
I think what that guy is trying to say is that Pacquiao seems to struggle with counter punchers/boxers (marquez for instance) so hypothetically his arguement is saying that if you put pacquiao in with counterpuncher like floyd who is much more versatile, has more tricks up his sleeve, faster, stronger, bigger and smarter, then you will see pacquiao struggle more!
My point is, James Toney is relatively stationary, while Bernard Hopkins uses his legs a great deal, so what you're saying doesn't make any sense because they are different fighters.

Garcia is also a counterpuncher. Martinez is a counterpuncher. Is Garcia anything like Martinez?

Do they have the same strengths and weaknesses?

Of course not, right?
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #6711
BagsWithDust
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
My point is, James Toney is relatively stationary, while Bernard Hopkins uses his legs a great deal, so what you're saying doesn't make any sense because they are different fighters.

Garcia is also a counterpuncher. Martinez is a counterpuncher. Is Garcia anything like Martinez?

Do they have the same strengths and weaknesses?

Of course not, right?
I see where you are coming from and i can definitely agree with fighters with same boxing style each apply it differently. Just in this case personally, and this is just my opinion, i think pacquiao would struggle with mayweather
Old 11-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #6712
DEFoverOFE99%
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagsWithDust View Post

I was simply trying to say that if pac has a hard time with a counter puncher/boxer of Marquez's caliber how is he going to stand a chance against $may who dose every thing marquez dose but better is one of the best if not the best ring adjuster of all time (arguably highest ring IQ of all time) and if that's not enough has a VASTLY SUPERIOR DEFENSE compared to marquez ????????????????
DEFoverOFE99% is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #6713
Braindamage
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

As far as I'm concerned they both missed the window of opportunity with this fight. 2 years ago this would have been the biggest fight in the history of all combat sports. Now , even if the fight happens, the concensous will be that the fight should have happened a long time ago. The fight is further diminished due to the fact the Manny lost to Bradely(we know the real story about that), but still it tarnishes a huge and important event.
Braindamage is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #6714
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFoverOFE99% View Post

I was simply trying to say that if pac has a hard time with a counter puncher/boxer of Marquez's caliber how is he going to stand a chance against $may who dose every thing marquez dose but better is one of the best if not the best ring adjuster of all time (arguably highest ring IQ of all time) and if that's not enough has a VASTLY SUPERIOR DEFENSE compared to marquez ????????????????
You have a very limited understanding of what is actually going on inside the ring.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #6715
BagsWithDust
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braindamage View Post
As far as I'm concerned they both missed the window of opportunity with this fight. 2 years ago this would have been the biggest fight in the history of all combat sports. Now , even if the fight happens, the concensous will be that the fight should have happened a long time ago. The fight is further diminished due to the fact the Manny lost to Bradely(we know the real story about that), but still it tarnishes a huge and important event.
I agree, the fight should of happened in 2009 when they both were fighting well
Old 11-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #6716
qwert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 880

Floyd is so scared of Pacquiao he created a dug testing regime to avoid fighting him.

'We're cleaning up boxing'

It must be hard being a Floyd fan knowing your hero is scurred. But it's cool, Floyd will retire undeafeated, until he goes broke betting on NFL and comes out of retirement in 2018 to get KOed by Broner or some other dude.
qwert is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 03:13 AM   #6717
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
When was the last time Manny fought the #1 or #2 guy in his division???answer=2009

That all Floyd fights is the top guys and world champions
Manny's division...REAL division is 140...or even 135 at present..he's fighting at 147 but he's clearly not a real welter. Just becuase he's not a real welter weight doesn't mean he can't fight real welter weights.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 03:16 AM   #6718
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
how can you say manny is fighting good comp in Jmm yet Floyd doesnt get any credit for dominating the same guy 2 years earlier?
Floyd got credit for beating JMM but becuase of how he handled fighting a man who was moving up 2 weight classes with regards to the catch weight it took a little luster off the win...no one thought JMM would beat Floyd but no one expected how easy Floyd made it look. Some people do the same thing with PAC's win over DLH....they don't give PAC but some of them give Floyd credit.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:18 AM   #6719
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
didnt floyd dominate the guy manny is about to fight again?
PAC dominated Cotto before Floyd got a chance to battle it out with him.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #6720
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
manny fights p4p fighters???lmfao Floyd beat #2 Jmm and #3 shane back to back..what the hell are you talking about? this isnt even up for debate since 2009 floyds resume shits on mannys i posted facts you are posting babbling garbage....

Jmm-#2 p4p
shane-#3 p4p and wba ww champ and #1 ww
ortiz-#2 ww and wbc champ
Cotto-#1 154 fighter and wba champ

show me 1 damn current ww champ manny has faced since 2009..show me 1 damn top ranked ww he has faced since 2009
Oh my word, what bull! LOL
Floyd beat Marquez who was a lightweight, fighting at welter for the first time. He did not handle the gain at all well, and Floyd didn't respect the catchweight coming in 2lb over...and you want to give Floyd credit? Not to mention the fact JMM style is tailor made for Floyd who is bigger, with the much longer reach and never comes forward.

Floyd's welterweight resume is a joke considering he's been fighting at that weight for 3 more years than Pacquiao.

Cotto @154 was a shot fighter, a joke fight which has been proved. I said it at the time so this is zero hindsight at work. But you want to credit that? Victor Ortiz win is beyond a joke, both in terms of the guy's calibre and the manner of the KO.

Floyd avoided Mosley like the plague and took him on 2-3 years after the event and yet Shane nearly KO'd him early on. The same with a peak Cotto, Margarito and Williams when Floyd "retired" a.k.a. ducked.

Pacquiao walks around at 138, he's a natural lightweight fighting at welter. He needs to actually put on weight in training camp to get to 144. That's why Floyd gets less credit for the Marquez win, he's a naturally much bigger guy than Pacquiao.

You Mayweather fans are crazy LOL I'm not even what you would call a Pacquiao fan either
Miguel is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum