Tommy wins by TKO 20 37.74%
Tommy wins by KO 19 35.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #16
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Oscar De la Hoya vs Thomas Hearns, 147, somebody gets KO'd, or decision?

[quote=ushvinder;14298619]I wouldnt be shocked if de la hoya stopped him in the later rounds. Hearns looked very unhealthy and drained at 147, its like he never saw food in his life. If this fight lasts over 10 rounds, I can see oscar stopping him.[/quote

I never really bought into the whole Tommy was unhealthy or dehydrated in that fight, that was just his frame, He was one hell of a WW, He was a skinny fighter but cut up like crazy couldnt pinch a half inch of fat on his entire body. He was in great shape at WW.
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 01:03 AM   #17
Jai C
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Oscar De la Hoya vs Thomas Hearns, 147, somebody gets KO'd, or decision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
None taken..But bobbin and weavin, great head work and constant movement is great defense, Look at how he was makin Ali miss big shots in theyre first fight..Foreman just had Joes number and was just to much for him, Name me a good fighter that Foreman fought where he never exposes a mans defense with pure brute force. So im sorry but Foreman was a bad example my man.
Holyfield, Morrison. Foot movement is more effective than head movement depending on the opposition. If you're walking forward or standing still with head movement, it can become predictable. Lateral movement along with head movement can be more confusing for a flat footed hard puncher. Many times Frazier slipped right into shots. Not just in the Foreman fight.
Jai C is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 01:11 AM   #18
ushvinder
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

[quote=TheSouthpaw;14298644]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ushvinder View Post
I wouldnt be shocked if de la hoya stopped him in the later rounds. Hearns looked very unhealthy and drained at 147, its like he never saw food in his life. If this fight lasts over 10 rounds, I can see oscar stopping him.[/quote

I never really bought into the whole Tommy was unhealthy or dehydrated in that fight, that was just his frame, He was one hell of a WW, He was a skinny fighter but cut up like crazy couldnt pinch a half inch of fat on his entire body. He was in great shape at WW.
Disagree, he only fought at 147 when he was 19-22. Even during that time frame, he was taking alot of fights above the 147 limit. As soon as he was 23, he already grew out of the division. Not a natural welter. Oscar stops him in the later rounds.
ushvinder is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 01:16 AM   #19
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai C View Post
Holyfield, Morrison. Foot movement is more effective than head movement depending on the opposition. If you're walking forward or standing still with head movement, it can become predictable. Lateral movement along with head movement can be more confusing for a flat footed hard puncher. Many times Frazier slipped right into shots. Not just in the Foreman fight.

Morrison? Are you serious?, And in most all Fraziers fights he slipped right into punches, thats kinda fighter he was, take 2 or 3 shots to bob once..bob twice and rhrow that left hook. And get outa here with that Tommy Gunn ****!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #20
Xplosive
Champion
East Side Guru

Hearns would have beaten Oscar's ass en route to a very wide UD.

Tommy was a class above the cross dresser.

Oscar would have lost by a wide margin to Leonard, Hearns, Duran, and Benitez.
Xplosive is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 01:27 AM   #21
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post
Hearns would have beaten Oscar's ass en route to a very wide UD.

Tommy was a class above the cross dresser.

Oscar would have lost by a wide margin to Leonard, Hearns, Duran, and Benitez.
I can dig that. DLH has no chance against these guys. In fact id go so far to say he gets knocked out by all 3. Leonard, Duran, and Benitez.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:29 AM   #22
Xplosive
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
I can dig that. DLH has no chance against these guys. In fact id go so far to say he hets knocked out by all 3. Leonard, Duran, and Benitez.
Benitez knock out Oscar? No. Can't see that AT ALL. Benitez would box the living **** outta him though.

I CAN see Leonard, and Duran stopping Oscar, if it's a 15 rounder.

Leonard, and Duran both had all time great stamina, and Oscar well........ did not.

Oscar loses to Donald Curry as well.
Xplosive is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 01:31 AM   #23
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

But thats just how it goes..
Old 11-30-2012, 01:49 AM   #24
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushvinder View Post

Disagree, he only fought at 147 when he was 19-22. Even during that time frame, he was taking alot of fights above the 147 limit. As soon as he was 23, he already grew out of the division. Not a natural welter. Oscar stops him in the later rounds.
You disagree with yourself?

Oscar wasn't a natural welter either...more a 140 pounder I reckon.

Hearns never displayed any weakness due to weight draining really...He tore through a pretty decent list of opponents in his reign but it's true he was always going to outgrow the division.

Hearns made 145 at around 11am the morning of the SRL fight and was comfortably ahead of Leonard after 12 rounds...Id assume he would only fight Oscar over 12 and I'd assume he would likely have 24 hours to make the weight.

And you have you forgotten Oscar's stamina issues around 147?

Tommy beats him no worries.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 01:56 AM   #25
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

[quote=WhataRock;14298794]You disagree with yourself?

Oscar wasn't a natural welter either...more a 140 pounder I reckon.

Hearns never displayed any weakness due to weight draining really...He tore through a pretty decent list of opponents in his reign but it's true he was always going to outgrow the division.

Hearns made 145 at around 11am the morning of the SRL fight and was comfortably ahead of Leonard after 12 rounds...Id assume he would only fight Oscar over 12 and I'd assume he would likely have 24 hours to make the weight.

And you have you forgotten Oscar's stamina issues around 147?

Tommy beats him no worries.[/quote

I think he was a natural at 140 and 147, And he fought way better fighters at WW than he did at Jr WW.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:58 AM   #26
Xplosive
Champion
East Side Guru

Oscar was a welterweight.
Xplosive is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:02 AM   #27
Boxed Ears
Mirage Athleticism
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

I disagree with myself quite often, Rock.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:03 AM   #28
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post
Oscar was a welterweight.

Who said he wasnt?
Old 11-30-2012, 02:03 AM   #29
Boxed Ears
Mirage Athleticism
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
I disagree with myself quite often, Rock.
No, you don't, jackass. Here we go, again! I disagree with myself very rarely, if ever.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:06 AM   #30
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

WhataRock..both of these guys fought the best they could get there hands on, throughout there carrers..at 140 all the way up up 154.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum