Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #16
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Your Assessment of Carlos Molina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
I was actually waiting for your opinion, Mand. As always, a very good one. (You also, Brenny!)

It's interesting, and like you say, it really is down to Khan. Virgil would be teaching him poise for the most part and staying calm but I think his energy bunny sorta style may just suit him versus Molina if he opts do that instead of a settled one where Molina may just be able to establish some sort of rhythm. I can't quite feel an upset seeing as how Amir has been in with guys his height and who are naturally stronger (Peterson, Garcia, Maidana) than Molina is. Amir has always done better with shorter guys, but they haven't quite been towards the level of which a very motivated Molina may be. Time will tell on that end.

Either way, I don't think this man is a Salita. If his trainer and conditioner are anything to go by, he's a very good fighter and it could be a tough-ish 12 rounds for Amir.

I agree i don't see him being as bad as Salita although i do feel if Khan set about him early he may be overwhelmed but i see Khan just looking to settle down and stick to orders and Molina to just step out of range and try like Garcia to suffocate Khan's early rampaging success as much as he can because Khan is extremely dangerous early.

It's a decent enough fight, I think Hunter will be content with a late stoppage or points win i think he'll stray away from Roach's claims of KO's which didn't help Khan's mindset really.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #17
jcairns1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Molina will come in ready to give the fight of his life, he knows a win over Amir Khan will definitely put him right up there, plus he's unbeaten and the old cliche about an unbeaten fighter is you don't know how good they are until they are staring defeat in the face.

He's a hungry kid and he seems like a well schooled operator, I don't think Khan is nowhere near as good as he or some of his fans believe he is so I think this guy will be there for the long haul, that said I see Khan winning a competitive UD.
jcairns1 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #18
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

gg
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #19
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I will laugh my ass off if Amir fights the usual manner he does on the 15th, it will all come crushing down. Let's see how the chemistry spills blossoms between Amir and Hunter.
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 01:56 AM   #20
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

He's very average. Rubbish fight.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 05:16 AM   #21
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Like BlackBrenny has said, he has some nice sharp, snappy punches that will be useful on the inside. Not that bad of an opponent considering his style, actually. Seeing as though Khan just got raped in his last fight. That said, it's no excuse for him to not win. He has to look good, else the vultures will be at him.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 05:56 AM   #22
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2775

sacrificial lamb no risk no danger here none its a gimme fight ,
natural lightweight 5ft nothing perfect fodder for khan

Last edited by ashishwarrior; 11-30-2012 at 10:25 AM.
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 08:16 AM   #23
jpab19
Exploding Muffin Dad
East Side Guru

vCash: 9287

I thought about a different Carlos Molina when I read the title.

That one's pretty impressive.
jpab19 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #24
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

This is deffo no a joke fight, this guy reminds me a bit of JMM, he is a sharp little fighter and Khan has to be on the ball.

That said I really want to see improvments in Khan's approach and temperament, to prolong his career he must adopt a more defensive approach, and also his aims in fights and how to win them. I think from the ouset he must focus on winning the fight via points and stop tying to look for KO, if they come they come but dont force them which is the key. When forcing them he become reckless something Khan can not look to do, i believe if Khan goes about his boxing in a controlled and defensive manner he will be very hard to outpoint round by round, which in time would force his opponent to force the fight and become reckless and more open themself which in turn gives Khan the openings he tries to force early on.

So Khan needs to be more controlled, slow down his workrate, become more accurate with his shots less wasteful which in return saves his energy in the fight too.

I think one of the main problem Khan has is he always seems in a rush, Hunter needs to slow him down so he has more time to think about what he has to do next.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #25
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
I was actually waiting for your opinion, Mand. As always, a very good one. (You also, Brenny!)

It's interesting, and like you say, it really is down to Khan. Virgil would be teaching him poise for the most part and staying calm but I think his energy bunny sorta style may just suit him versus Molina if he opts do that instead of a settled one where Molina may just be able to establish some sort of rhythm. I can't quite feel an upset seeing as how Amir has been in with guys his height and who are naturally stronger (Peterson, Garcia, Maidana) than Molina is. Amir has always done better with shorter guys, but they haven't quite been towards the level of which a very motivated Molina may be. Time will tell on that end.

Either way, I don't think this man is a Salita. If his trainer and conditioner are anything to go by, he's a very good fighter and it could be a tough-ish 12 rounds for Amir.

do you think he can keep it competative for 12 rounds though? I wonder ,its no a bad opponent for a Rebuilding fight but dont see him bothering khan too much
alba is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #26
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpab19 View Post
I thought about a different Carlos Molina when I read the title.

That one's pretty impressive.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #27
jpab19
Exploding Muffin Dad
East Side Guru

vCash: 9287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post

'Tis the craic, bruh?
jpab19 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #28
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
He's very average. Rubbish fight.
some people said that about Garcia
Old 11-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #29
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Not too bad but if Khan loses against him you really have to question where he's going.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #30
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
interesting, hes a stocky, rough looking ****er and looks like he hits a lot harder than his record suggests, and he did well boxing at range against the taller fighter here, not something he wants to do against Khan though.

Having said that, he did catch Jiminez with some sharp left hook counters when Jiminez came in to punch. I don't think Jiminez used his height to his advantage here, Molina has short sharp hooks and Jiminez was taking too many on the inside, if Khan stands with the earmuffs up, Molina will rough him up, no question.

He has pretty good handspeed and a nice sharp jab, but I think his work rate is an issue.

Khan, coming off a KO defeat, will NOT be able to coast past this guy, he better be at the top of his game.

I say this after watching him for the first time, the guy is no slouch, powerful, and he looks to be good in every department, if not spectacular, and he will be coming fancying his chances and knowing exactly what he has to do to win
Molina was dismissed too much

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum