Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #136
Ripper11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1948
Default Re: Arum turns down Schaefer's Offer for Donaire-Mares and Matthysse-Rios

Quote:
Originally Posted by D50 View Post
I like how Hermit is clearly the sanest person in this thread. Just tells things how it is and people misinterpret his words to suit their antagonist agendas so they have a target to feel superior to.
Oh please stfu
Ripper11 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #137
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160
Default Re: Arum turns down Schaefer's Offer for Donaire-Mares and Matthysse-Rios

Quote:
I like how Hermit is clearly the sanest person in this thread. Just tells things how it is and people misinterpret his words to suit their antagonist agendas so they have a target to feel superior to.
You care to elaborate on this? You cant be seriously with this non-sense!
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #138
gigogreco
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

the greed some of these guys have, is ruining this sport. Sure, protect your invstment, but to a certain degree.

Taking a stance like arum, can and will result in one thing, at that is portraying boxing as a sport, where the best do not fight the best.
gigogreco is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #139
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper11 View Post
Oh please stfu
Geez, you only attracted one hater for that comment D50. I guess the rest have moved on to something else already.

Thanks for the kind words. You see what others refuse to.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #140
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I understand Hermit's stance since he's paid by Top Rank, but idk why you're defending Arum. Here's is the situation

Oscar: "I'd really like to make Mares vs Donaire"

Arum: "Yeah I'll make the fight. You can't be involved at all in the fight and I'll pay Mares directly while you [Oscar] get nothing from it"

Oscar: "Ok, I'll do that if you let me do the same to make Rios vs Matthysse"

Arum: "**** you Oscar. You don't know anything about boxing"

Idk, how anybody can look at this and not see what's wrong
Could any of the Arum defenders either dispute the accuracy of this timeline or explain why it's somehow wrong for fans to scold Arum as a result? Thanks.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #141
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
Could any of the Arum defenders either dispute the accuracy of this timeline or explain why it's somehow wrong for fans to scold Arum as a result? Thanks.
This.

I dont quite get this Arum defending.

Seems pretty simple. Oscar was willing to give Mares to Bob to make the Donaire fight, if Bob gave him Rios to make the Lucas fight (both fighters being given would have been the underdogs)

And going from whats given to us, which is the only thing anyone can comment on, Arum declined on the principle of trading fighters.

I dont know why people are asking for the figures of the deal, Arum doesnt mention anything about numbers, hes declining on the principle of giving up Rios for Mares.

Arum is the one that killed these fights, as usual.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #142
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
Donare vs Mares
Matthysse vs Rios

Two logical matchups. Two great action matchups. Two matchups that wont happen now.

Only in boxing...

Not really. Happens in mma too.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #143
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
This.

I dont quite get this Arum defending.

Seems pretty simple. Oscar was willing to give Mares to Bob to make the Donaire fight, if Bob gave him Rios to make the Lucas fight (both fighters being given would have been the underdogs)

And going from whats given to us, which is the only thing anyone can comment on, Arum declined on the principle of trading fighters.

I dont know why people are asking for the figures of the deal, Arum doesnt mention anything about numbers, hes declining on the principle of giving up Rios for Mares.

Arum is the one that killed these fights, as usual.
The Rios counter offer was a way out of the Mares offer. Nothing more. Nothing less. It may seem fair on the surface but GBP knew it would be rejected when they made it. Rios is 'on hold'. The whole ****ing boxing world knows that except a few posters here.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #144
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
The Rios counter offer was a way out of the Mares offer. Nothing more. Nothing less. It may seem fair on the surface but GBP knew it would be rejected when they made it. Rios is 'on hold'. The whole ****ing boxing world knows that except a few posters here.
You realise they were countering an already unfair offer, right? With Arum basically saying give me Mares if you want to make Mares/Donire

So given the context they were asking for Rios, I dont see the problem. That it was a deal killer is on Top Rank, not GBP.

Oscar said fine, and called Arum out on his shit. Had Arum compromised and met GBP halfway after hes the one that started with the unrealistic demands, we would have had two awesome fights to look forward to.

Fact remains, the reason why these two great fights arent happening is at Arums feet.

Nothing posted in this thread changes that. Arum killed these fights from happening before they ever got to the negotiating table, period.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #145
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

And this is what ruins boxing.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #146
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

Quote:
You realise they were countering an already unfair offer, right? With Arum basically saying give me Mares

So given the context they were asking for Rios, I dont see the problem. That it was a deal killer is on Top Rank, not GBP.

Oscar said fine, and called Arum out on his shit. Had Arum compromised and met GBP halfway after hes the one that started with the unrealistic demands, we would have had two awesome fights to look forward to.

Fact remains, the reason why these two great fights arent happening is at Arums feet.

Nothing posted in this thread changes that. Arum killed these fights from happening before they ever got to the negotiating table, period.
Glad somebody else notices that as well.
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #147
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
And this is what ruins boxing.
Yeah its hopeless at this point. Its gonna die soon I hate to say. Getting to the point where we will be forced to talk about Gomez like he's still an active fighters and in his prime for instance. Might as well get my fade and colorful clothes ready.....
techks is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #148
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Makes sense. Rios is worth more to Bob than Mares is to GBP. Bob wants to make Rios/Pac next year.

AND if GBP want to give Matthysse a big fight they've got Garcia, Khan, Maidana and Guerrero in their stable. But they don't want to risk one of their OWN cashcows against Lucas they want Bob's.

**** GBP and their bullshit.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #149
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
You realise they were countering an already unfair offer, right? With Arum basically saying give me Mares if you want to make Mares/Donire

OK. You seem to know all the details of these negotiations. Wanna spill the offer sheet quotes?
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #150
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

Arum is basically like:

- a big black rain cloud that comes in and ****s up a sunny day
- that little piece of shit that floats back up after you flush the toilet
- the cancer that returns after months of chemotherapy
- AIDS
- all that is vile, evil and wrong
Montero is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum